Ingersoll Cutting Tools Company is proud to be part of the IMC Group of Companies with 140 subsidiaries in 65 countries. Our US operations are housed on our state-of-the-art manufacturing and marketing campus in Rockford, Illinois. We are currently accepting applications for an experienced tool room machinist versed in the preparation of diamond grinding wheels and basic tooling fabrication methods. The successful candidate will have experience working with diamond profiling machines such as Rush, Kirner or Max Engineering. Extended knowledge in the application of diamond abrasives is a plus.
Essential job duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage and maintain inventory of all machine related tooling.
- Ensure a high level of accuracy to all wheel / arbor assemblies in accordance to engineered standards.
- Develop a revolving inspection process of all inventoried wheel assemblies in order to remain conforming to engineering specifications.
- Assist production with all related needs to ensure maximum machine up time.
- Participates in cycle and/or annual physical inventories.
- Ensures safety guidelines are met by the proper storage and relieving of tooling.
- Performs daily review of planned work load to ensure tooling is available in advance and to the highest level of preparedness.
- Maintain compliance with procedures and policies.
- Minimum of 5 years manual machine experience to include surface grinding, bridgeport, and wheel dressing machine experience.
- Intermediate math and computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationship with internal customers.
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
This is a full time position with regular overtime requirement based on workflow demands, including long shifts and weekend work.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our impressive team, we would love to connect with you! Please provide your resume and salary history with a brief cover letter highlighting your unique qualifications.