Ingeteam is a global market leader specializing in electrical engineering and the development of electrical equipment, motors, generators and frequency converters with presence in 9 countries worldwide. . The company primarily serves four key industries: energy; industry; marine, and rail traction, seeking to optimize energy consumption whilst maximizing generating efficiency.
Our North American headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin focuses on the renewable energy industry and produce Indar's wind power generators, Ingeteam converters, and solar power inverters for the North American Market. The INDAR range of electric generators provides a response to the technical demands posed in the main sectors such as the energy sector (wind, hydroelectric, solar thermal, cogeneration) and the naval sector, etc.
The Manufacturing and Process Engineer will work in a team environment leading projects and implementing process improvement initiatives to promote a continuous improvement atmosphere in production. These initiatives will increase efficiency, yield, product quality and cost savings.
RESPONSIBILITIES, FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Plan and design methods to improve production processes. Provide equipment support and technical troubleshooting.
- Review existing processes and develop solutions to increase productivity and quality or reduce costs. Evaluate new tools, equipment and processes.
- Design tools to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Develop and update work instructions and processes.
- Ensure compliance with approved production methods and quality standards.
- Use Six Sigma Lean principles and tools (5S techniques, time studies, work motion studies and kaizen events) to monitor and improve productivity while ensuring production schedules and quality initiatives are met.
- Work closely with other team members to monitor and improve the efficiency, output and safety of the manufacturing process.
- Manage cost/time constraints of various projects. Work with manufacturing leadership to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, equipment, and product design.
- May perform other tasks as assigned.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (Skills, competences, expertise, etc.)
- Excellent communication, computer, analytical and organization skills required. Ability to effectively work as a team and communicate with all levels of personnel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to respond to changing priorities required.
- Experience/knowledge of CAD required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret drawings and schematics and possess troubleshooting skills related to equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of Lean principles and tools preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing / assembly environment preferred.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS (Academic degrees, languages, other informal knowledge, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in Industrial/Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering or other related degree.
- 5+ years relevant experience required, in lieu of degree