Ingles Markets Employee Reviews

Stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 20, 2017
The management is poor. Hours are never consistent. It’s just an extremely stressful environment and it makes it very hard to balance school and a social life while working here.
Pros
Knowledge of sales ahead of time.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, hours are always being cut, no one there is responsible
I mostly enjoyed working here
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNOctober 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Ingles up to a point. Unfortunately, I often had to do more than 2 other peoples jobs, and what started out as kindness it was quickly taken advantage of and I was not allowed to leave until finished with other people's jobs. I handle stress rather well and stayed until I had to move and had no options to relocate.
Pros
People, lenient environment for the most part
Cons
short breaks, unable to get full time
Friendly store
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNOctober 18, 2017
Started out in an older store . I transferd to another store when the orginal store i was closed and rebuilt. The fello employees most of the time are helpful. Requires alot of team work. I worked in the deli the past 5 yrs. Since my transferr to a differant store i have learned how to make sushi. And gelato. I also make pizza amd have leraned to cook asian foods as well. On the average day fun is had task are complete. When all is said and done we wish all a good night.
Pros
Good benifits for full time staff
Cons
Need better jobs for people on their staff with handicaps that they can do. With out criticism.
Ingles was a fun place to work at and with the employee
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 18, 2017
Ingles was the most enjoyable part of the job. And what i learned how to slowed down at a job place and to look at what i am doing. The Management was really awesome
It was a good place to work and they helped with school schedules
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, NCOctober 18, 2017
The was great and they really helped out with your school schedule, however when they switched managers it became less enjoyable to work there. We went from getting treated like people to just workers that need to do the job they were told to do.
My first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, NCOctober 17, 2017
I thought Ingles would be a great place to work for my first job, and at first, it was. But soon after I started, I realized that this wasn't a place that I wanted to work at all. The managers are biased on who they do and don't like, and that's where your hours come from. They hired everyone that came in so I got maybe 4 hours a week! Not even worth the drive!
overall about the job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 17, 2017
If you have never had a job and need to start this is a beginners job for someone who maybe in high school and may want extra cash during the summer.
Its an ok job. Just need to make more money to provide for my family.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNOctober 16, 2017
Working at ingles has been an alright experience. I do everything an assistant manager would do such as doing all of the paperwork (bills, sales, invoices, etc.) and making truck orders when the manager is in vacation.
Stressful and fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 15, 2017
Stressful environment, harsh bosses, poor baggers, quick paced, fair pay, poor organization, easy clock in and out, easy job duties but stressful and quickly moving
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible work environment and management
DELI CLERK (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAOctober 14, 2017
Some of the worst management I've seen most employees hate the job by the end of the first week. Unfair conditions, most locations are severely understaffed.
Cons
Management and Pay
would not recommend
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 13, 2017
overall this job is for people that are looking to receive financial stability while in college, I would not recommend to someone trying to make a serious career.
Pros
easy work
Cons
no health care
Not a good place for employment
Deli Cook (Former Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNOctober 12, 2017
There are no chances for advancement in this particular store. The managers won't even give you the information for you to talk with anyone about advancement.
Pros
The customers are great
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Good place to work when it was open.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norton, VAOctober 11, 2017
How can a store that's been closed for 4 months be hiring for a deli worker? Seems like someone needs to do a little checking into before posting a job opening at a closed store.
good company
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 10, 2017
I have worked here for 10 years and enjoy the company. The work is face pace and fun. I am just looking for a career change with better hours of work.
Too much work for not enough pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 10, 2017
You worked 8 hour shifts for minimum wage. I personally didn't like it because I constantly felt like someone was breathing down my neck and I wasn't allowed to mess up. Also, I always had to clean the bathrooms.
Cons
low pay
Good pay but no full time unless management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAOctober 9, 2017
Working at Ingles, especially in the front end, you will learn a lot of skills. In my particular store you will work in floral, video, and work at the gas sation if needed.
Pros
above minimum wage, never fires
Cons
no benifits, poor management, short staffed
Stressful Environment and Inadequate Pay
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee) –  GAOctober 9, 2017
Frequent 16 hour days, poor benefits, unsupportive management. I was frequently called in on days off to support situations that could easily have been managed without me, further limiting time with family and loved ones. Do not recommend. Do not even provide an employee discount on merchandise.
Productive day providing excellent customer service
Starbuck Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 6, 2017
I open at 6 AM and prepare coffee for the day. I take orders and prepare the customers drink(s). Ingles is a family oriented place to work and big on customer service.
Family Friendly
Delicatessen Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAOctober 5, 2017
The deli is a hectic location to work, but it is very fast paced and it comes with it's own drama. The store manager is nice as well as the Assistant and Co-Manager and all the Customer Service Managers. They try to help when and where they can.
Cons
No employee discounts or free anything
Great place to work, just didnt pay enough
Bagger/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Granite Falls, NCOctober 5, 2017
This is a great place to work. I loved helping and iteracting with customers. I would have stayed here if they would have paid me more. i would recomend this place to anyone.