Ingles Markets

Ingles Markets Employer Reviews

Healthy and Nice Enviroment
CASHIER (Current Employee), Boiling Springs, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: friendly and warming atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
I love walking into Ingles because it is always a very friendly and warming atmosphere. Management is always willing to help and go out of their way to help you or get anything you need. I absolutely love the people I work with, I've never had a problem with them. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude people but you will get them where ever you go. The most enjoyable part of working with Ingles is getting to bond and know your regular customers.
It was decent working at ingles.
Cashier (Former Employee), Elberton, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Typical day at work was somewhat boring, not looking forward to going to work every day.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Summerville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
I loved my job at Ingles. I love the rush of the customers because it made the day go by faster. Especially holiday. My bosses were great and they work really well with your schedule if you're in school or play sports.
A pretty good place to work
Grocery Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Kings Mountain, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: positive enviroment. friendly cowokers and supervisors.
Cons: the insurance they offer isnt the best but it is understandable for a "job" not a "carrer"
I worked at ingles #147 and it was a pretty positive experience. on a typical day i would pull pallets from back of the store to the main floor, break down pallets and sort product to according isles. rotated product on to the shelf making sure the newest date was in the back. Ran dog food, paper towels, chemicals, pasta and pasta sauce, and general canned isles. I would say the hardest part of the job would probably be going through a inventory. Another thing that is hard is having multiple bosses and sometimes they all can tell you to do different things or sometimes when they tell you to do something they can conflict. So all you can do is have patience and try the best you can.
Terrible work culture with managers that do not care about you.
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: it paid above minimum wage.
Cons: everything else.
They worked around my schedule at school but beyond that I could not ask for a day off without getting lectured or even my hours cut, weekly hours were rarely stable (I could get anywhere from 34 to a mere 16 hours a week without notice), the managers couldn't care less about the employees beneath them and would harass workers over any minor stumble, there are no grocery discounts or health benefits, and you are always subject to firing at any point or anything.
typical deli
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Inman, SCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great work place, light work, great hours
Cons: handling raw meat
I really liked most of this job. The people are usually friendly and the people that I worked for were really great. A typical day included prepping the food for the hot bar, serving customers, and keeping the area clean and sanitary. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with the blood from the raw chicken that was being prepped.
A net-working community
Cashier (Former Employee), Sylva, NCDecember 22, 2014
The years spent at ingles were filled with much joy. I love working with folks and the grocery industry was very good to me for more than 10 years. The best part was bringing home recipes and food to my family. The worst part was when I saw a lady turn a grocery buggy over in the parking lot!
Co-workers were team players and friendly.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Covington, GADecember 22, 2014
Worked well with other co-workers who worked hard to insure a good customer experience for our customers.
Productive fast paced Grocery store
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee), Shelby, NCDecember 17, 2014
Good place to work for, mine was in a small town so at times could be fast paced and competitive.
Friendly and productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Asheville, NCDecember 9, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: standing long periods of time
A typical day at work is productive, standing at the end of your register to greet customers, bagging groceries, handling cash and transactions, maintaining a friendly smile and attitude, going on break, and finishing the work day. I learned how to deal effectively with rude customers and manage my time wisely. My co-workers were easy to work with and did their job; however, a few of them would slack off even during the busiest of times. The hardest part of being a cashier was standing for long periods of time. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of being a cashier was working the register.
Great
Cashier (Former Employee), Washington, GADecember 7, 2014
The job was good except for the management at the time. My co workers were amazing. They always kept you laughing and on your feet. The most enjoyable part was coming in in the morning and getting things set up for the hoildays
Starbucks was the best part!
Starbucks Manager (Former Employee), Asheville, NCNovember 21, 2014
Pros: christmas day off....
Cons: no compassion for family situations.
Loved working for Starbucks, however. The clash of companies was more than unorganized. Ingles and Starbucks never agreed on anything. Management was great, but hated the schedule.
Front End Manager, Grocery, Dairy and Frozen (Current Employee), Cartersville, GANovember 17, 2014
Nice People for the most part.
Flexible scheduling.
Able to transfer between departments.
Productive and Professional Establishment
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Morristown, TNNovember 15, 2014
I had a great experience at Ingles! They are very productive, helpful and professional.
Easy going and very friendly
Overnight Stocking (Former Employee), Canton, NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: easy work and always 40 hours
Cons: any overnight job leaves you tired in the morning.
Easy work no matter how much was on our plate. Learned how to operate pallet jacks and stack heavy pallets properly along with unloading full trucks every other night. Management worked directly along side us most of the time and treated us all equally so there was never any looming pressure. The hardest part of every night was breaking down pallets right off the truck only to restack them piece by piece in their respected isle pallets. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to socialize with co-workers while you worked since third shift can get pretty lonesome.
Truck Driver
Class A driver (Former Employee), Black Mtn, NCOctober 19, 2014
Hang you out to dry. Start on extra board for one year. Slip seat, constantly bumped out of good paying runs. Freezer runs will not get you home for two days. Never know your work schedule until they call. May have as little as two hours notice. If you have a family this is not the place for you. Guys have worked there for 20+ years and never had a weekend off. Dispatchers watch out for their buddies.
Ingles Deli
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Shelby, NCOctober 6, 2014
Hard work, good pay. Too much drama though and always running out of stuff or things are breaking all the time.
Deili Market
Deli Assistant (Former Employee), Black Mountain, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Giving my customers my all. Being able to work hard and follow my standers.
Always having loyal customers base and developed some friendships. Enjoyed working with the public.
The store managers were always appreciative also the co-workers
Productive on your feet all day
Deparment Head (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GASeptember 12, 2014
Great learning experience. Days go by quick if you keep your work up
friendly environment, always busy days
Assistant Meat Manager (Former Employee), Norton VaSeptember 4, 2014
Ingles is all around a good company to work for, a typical day at work would be unloading trucks, stocking shelves and meat case throughout the work day. i have learned in my 3.5 years of work there hard work eventually pays off. the co-workers was a great part about working there everyone was normally in a great and cheerful mood. in my opinion the hardest part of my job was Holiday seasons, the job was not hard in anyway just very busy trying to meet every costumers needs throughout the season. the funnest part about working there i became close friends with my co-workers and they made me feel very comfortable with my job title and supported me through hard times....

1 2 3 4 5