Ingles Markets Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 16, 2017
I love learning new things and being apart of a work family. its fast pace and it is a good place to get a work out, because of all the moving
Great atmosphere, Pay needs a bump.
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 14, 2017
The best part of the job is the customers. Managers and staff are friendly and helpful. It is a great place to develop communication skills. There is always room for promotions.
Great first job for teenagers, or side job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hiawassee, GAJanuary 12, 2017
Ingles in Hiawassee has great customers and fine management. Ingles works great with your schedule and will also call you for additional work shifts if you are available. The hardest part of the job is standing on your feet for a long period of time. Co-workers are great at Ingles and most will help you pick up shifts and take shifts when needed.
fun place to work
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 11, 2017
Its always a busy day. i learn to stay in your own lane and don't get involved with coworkers. all the managers are very friendly and easy to get alone with. its a great work environment. there isnt a hard part on this job. just show up to work on time and do your job at your very best.
Pros
you get first pick of markdowns
Cons
you dont get any discount
Loved the job itself, management left something to be desired
Baker, Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I worked in the bakery department. My job started out as being a closer, which was not altogether terrible. I quickly started training as a cake decorator and was told that, if I did well, I would be hired on full time for the position. Though I was regularly told that I was doing well, I was never offered a chance to learn more than the basics, and therefor never given a chance to advance in the department. I was then trained to make the doughnuts in the morning, which required me to start my day at 4am. This was difficult, because I had a child, and finding a babysitter at that hour was a regular challenge for a while. I did, of course, leave the company of my own accord with no notice, so ill feelings abound on both sides.
Pros
Loved being a cake decorator, and learning the morning bread baking procedure, great coworkers, closing by myself was nice
Cons
Unable to advance despite being told I was doing well, hours were hard to work around when doing morning shifts, management was unsatisfactory
Productive just kind of boring but it pays well
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Candler, NCJanuary 9, 2017
I like working at Ingles most of the time but some days the business is slow and I get bored. The uniforms are ugly and I get hot in them. I like seeing the customers smile and I feel like I'm doing good for the Ingles market by brightening others day making them want to come to Ingles more often.
Pros
Pays well, flexible with scheduling
Cons
Boring
Customer Service clerk to Front-end Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TN 37643January 5, 2017
A good place to work, especially for a first time job. Pay is decent and the longer you work there, the more chance for advancement.
demanding job
store manager and produce merchadiser (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNJanuary 5, 2017
family owned, company is spread out over four states, sometimes you have to relocate to move up, not a bad place to work, good bonus program
Great Company
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 4, 2017
very easy to work here, great managers, easy to build in company, very clean, great hour and pay. pay increase is every year. great for high school students/ first job
Not my best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 31, 2016
The ingles I worked at was great until a change in the management staff occurred , then everything went down hill and coworkers getting fired left and right . Just would've been better if there wasn't so much change in the policy
Its a very productive work place
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Walnut Cove, NCDecember 29, 2016
I had fun working at ingles and show up on time and it will go smoothly for you there's good people and friendly work environment
Pros
Good staff and great workplace
Cons
Short breaks
Company going down hill
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 29, 2016
Company notified employees 9 days before shutting down the store. Do not see the grocery stores staying in business much longer
no room to advance in this company
baker (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GADecember 28, 2016
its a great company to work for if your a teen or somebody who doesnt have any real obligations.the management doesnt do their job and the pay isnt that great.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not enough money, managers dont do their job, dont give enough hours
One of the best jobs
Assistant Manager/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCDecember 26, 2016
This was one of the best jobs I have every had. All the managers are fun and will talk to you like best friends. Its a lot of work but you can make it fun if you put effort into it
Ingles review
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Swain County, NCDecember 21, 2016
It's a good company to work for but there are many flaws I will not point then out cause I work at one but others will do so. Point being made its a good easy job system in-store for a comfy relaxed life with not much stress depending on who you are.
Pros
Plenty of breaks on my shift and great manager too.
Cons
A little more pay would be nice at least a $1.50 to $2.00 thats truly not much.
Pretty decent starting job
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCDecember 20, 2016
The employees are a bit out of it on some days.
I just came in a worked like i was supposed to it's always a typical day there just do the job and get out.
the job isn't hard it's not really challenging to say the least.
I learned that a job is a job and doing what i can to help.
Pros
Time off permission is usually allowed
Cons
Schedules are a bit complicated
Working at Ingles
Bookkeeper/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 19, 2016
A typical day involved me counting the main drawer and safe, creating tills and counting cashiers tills to make sure they were on. I learned how to keep track of a large amount of money, creating deposits, and also deal with various customers (good and bad). The management was fun to be around and mostly helpful for whenever I had any questions. My coworkers were all very nice. I tend to get along with everyone I work with (simply because I would rather not be in an awkward or tense work environment). The hardest part of my job was mainly in the beginning while I was still learning about instances where money would either appear or disappear. Once I started working more I began understanding where the money would go or come from and it became easier to fix. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I enjoyed. My best friend worked at the Starbucks in the store, I usually worked with my favorite managers, and almost always made friends with new workers.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Dealing with angry customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 19, 2016
I enjoyed working here, I moved to another job because the pay was better. Management was nice and reliable. The hours were good. There isn't really any room for advancement however,
deli clerk
Produce & Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clayton, GADecember 18, 2016
working in deli, slicing deli meats, preparing salads , providing customer services. learned how to prepare foods. enjoyed assisting customers
starter job at best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GADecember 16, 2016
low wages, no benefits, no lunch room, extremely poor management, closed only on Christmas day. Good workers are just worked harder, while lazy workers prevail.
Pros
starter job
Cons
high turn around, poor management, low wage, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingles Markets. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8