Inglis Employee Reviews in United States

Good employees that were always willing to help each other out.
Director of Security and Communications (Former Employee) –  2600 Belmont Ave Philadelphia, PaFebruary 29, 2016
Inglis Foundation- serving people with disabilities
A. Typical Day
1. prepare daily assignments for security and communications
2. review daily incident reports and security patrol logs
3. handle any problems that arise each day
B. What was learned
1. that each resident that is cared for has different levels of needs and wants
C. Management
1. I was allowed to run my department without being micro-managed which conveyed a positive atmosphere
D. Co-Workers
1. Everyone I worked with in other departments were always willing to help each other out
E. Hardest part of the Job
1. not always receiving the money to make necessary improvements in security and communications after being asked to look into making these changes.
F. Enjoyable part of the Job
1. having the chance to serve the residents and make a difference in their daily life
Pros
Great staff that all worked well together and with other departments within the organization
Cons
Communications within the company needed to be inproved.
Employees were friendly
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 11, 2015
Human Services type of employment has hire rate of turn around both in management and staff. You see a higher rate of co-workers that are not enjoying what they are doing. Overall, if a job is needed then human services will always have open doors for employment.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Employee turn around
A place to learn and grow as a manager
unit manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2015
Inglis was my first management position. I enjoyed teaching and leading staff in positive potions. Most importantly I enjoyed having input in the development of 2 North growth.

Inglis allowed me to grow and learn as a manager which I was grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Monthly meeting with upper management with mentoring.
Cons
Work load interfered with direct contact with residents most times
The company was always seeking internal talent & skills to move forward in business.
Supervisor of Residential Living (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 14, 2015
Inglis House served both; residents and staff's need with utmost importance. It was evident that management understood the dynamics to excellent healthcare. That being care for your staff needs and the staff will feel valued and take care of their residence by providing superb service. Inglis House Cares For Their Own is the label the title.
Pros
great blend of caring, sharing, and endearing staff members.
Cons
inglis house requires more space to offer even greater resources to their residents.
Extensive favoritism fror mgmt. toward employees
ER Spec. (Former Employee) –  Phila., PAJanuary 16, 2015
Mgmt. displays favoritism toward employees. Certain employees can blatantly violate the Policy/Procedures handbook and it's OK, while others are disciplined. No consistency. Co-workers are nice/helpful. Have to always ask mgmt. for support/help; always felt I was bothering my mgr. as she always seemed to be too bothered for assistance. Too much focus on philosophy and not hands on cultures.
Pros
pay pretty good
Cons
health insurance payroll deductions sky high!
Great Place to Work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaJanuary 4, 2013
Inglis is one of the few companies that invest in the talent that's already working there. Most companies look externally only, but Inglis provides an opportunity for current employees as well. I enjoyed working there.
A Comment from Inglis
Director of Marketing and Public Relations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2013
For more than 135 years, Inglis has provided exemplary care to people with disabilities through our long-term care residency as well as through the numerous programs we administer in the community. Inglis employs a person-centered care approach to all our services and has not only been recognized as having no deficiencies by the Department of Health (including the most recent annual survey in October 2012), but consistently receives top scores from the patient satisfaction surveys we regularly conduct.

Inglis’ mission is to enable people with disabilities, and those who care for them, to achieve their goals and live life to the fullest. We take that mission very seriously and put the care and well-being of the nearly 300 residents in Inglis House, the nearly 700 consumers we serve in the community and 650 staff members at the forefront. We are proud of the incredible history and track record of this organization and know how fortunate we are to care for such remarkable individuals and work with such a committed, caring staff.
Nothing positive about the place except the residents that live there.
former employee (Former Employee) –  phildelphiaDecember 14, 2012
The building consistently fails DOH surveys. The building is very dirty. The staff treats not only the other employees with negligence and disrespect but tends to ignore residents. Call bells ring for 15 to 20 minutes without being answered. The staff is 1199c union and they are protected by the off balance HR system.
Pros
the residents
Cons
all other aspects of work life
Positive work environment, hard working people
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2012
It was a very good place to work. The employees were very nice and enthusiastic but also did their jobs very well.