Ingram Barge Company

Ingram Barge Company Employee Reviews

I like to start with your company.
Deckhand (Former Employee), LouisianaMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good benifits
Cons: enough time at work, and home.
I'am a hard worker, always on time will like to start my new career with your company.Good benifits, enough time at work,and home.
Job Security is a perk, Opportunities are minimal
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 29, 2015
Great family company to work for. Growth opportunity is very minimal and hard to advance. Health benefits are very good.
Productive and fun, family feel atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: working with enjoyable people
Cons: 30 minute lunch breaks
Working with Ingram Barge Company was fulfilling. The day started with printing reports needed to distribute to the proper management. The most challenging part of my job through out my multiple positions was deciphering the hand writing of the Vice President. and the most enjoyable part of the job was being creative with the different reports and presentations worked on
Fast busy long hard workin days
Cook (Former Employee), Paducah, KYJuly 17, 2014
Coming in and doing book work was a typical day at work. I learned planning out days or weeks in ahead. The owner giving management jobs to do and making sure that it was done.
An Expercience
General Manager, Network Services (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 21, 2014
A small family company growing into a large corporation. A great place to learn.
Information Systems Co-Op (Current Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 5, 2013
Pros: people, training, management
Cons: comunitation
Daily Solution Center Ops. Great Managers and supervisors. Great People and family focused
Great Company to work for
Information Systems Co-Op (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 24, 2013
Very repectful and family focused company. Managers are great and I leared a lot up to this point.
great place to work
Experienced Deckhand (Former Employee), Paducah, KYMay 16, 2013
i loved this job its very hard work, but i really enjoyed it, i just hated being gone for almost a month at a time especially being away from family
hard work
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Paducah ky.March 6, 2013
Pros: cutting
Cons: advancement
hard work but satisfing..pay was good but no room for advancement.However enjoyed the actual job cutting still
worked alot of overtime and was gone 45 days at time ...cared more about on time than saftey of employers
Deck Hand (Former Employee), Paducah, KYFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: wasnt safe
had to b in constant hurry regardless of hazard weather , unseen dangers
Secure job just too far from home
Deckhand (Current Employee), Paducah, KYFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free thee meals plus snacks. paid for bus ticket to dock in paducah, ky
Cons: away from home for 21-28 days.
Learned how to do tow work and Rig. Management and co-workers were pleasant. The hardest part of the job was being away from my fiance and for month old daughter. The most enjoable pat of the job was you were always learning something new.
Deckhand
Senior Deckhand (Former Employee), Paducah, KYDecember 21, 2012
Pros: good insurance and 401.
Cons: home 15 days. gone 30 days.
Built tow. Cleaned and painted. Floated up and down rivers. Locked out barges through locks (dams).
good company to work for
Deckhand (Former Employee), Paducah, KYNovember 27, 2012
i loved my job jus need more people that can take charge of a situation and not go overboard.
Great Compnay, Great People!
Deckhand (Former Employee), Paducah, KYOctober 6, 2012
Pros: benefits right away!, time off, work as much as you want, easy to build up vacation time
Cons: what cons??
I worked for Ingram for roughly 6 months, pror to going to an overseas job.

In my time with Ingram, I learned that they do hire very knowledgable and caring professionals.

In my short stay ( I left on my own, which I think was a mistake on my part), I learned and experienced what the "Rough Neck" lifestyle is like and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I dont think I have had a job that I could work for 3 weeks straight, and then be off for 3 weeks. I loved that aspect of the job.

This job is not for everyone. Most of the folks that are "ON DECK" love their jobs and are always more then willing to teach you, show you anything you are unsure off. In essence they are your family away from your family, and we take care of our own!

from the Wheel house to being at the head of tow, it is just an awesome job!! the scenery always changes, eagles and sunshine one shift, fog and snow the next!! Have to love the diversity of it all.

But this job is not for the timid. If you doing like getting wet, cold, cold and wet, hot and sweaty and do not like physical work, this is not the job you want.

I just wish I stayed there instead of persueing the all mighty contractors paycheck...wasnt worth it if you ask me.

Thank you Ingram Barge Company for giving me the opportunity to work with you!! You truely are a family orientated company!!
Not your average work environment
Senior Mate (Current Employee), Paducah, KYJuly 18, 2012
Pros: if you're not afraid of work and can be safe, you have excellent job security. each day is different than the last and
Cons: being gone from home for 29 days, split 12 hour shift, work in all weather except for lightning, very physically demanding job.
This career is demanding in almost every aspect. On a typical day you will face extensive manual labor, judging distance to assist in the navigation of vessels, utilizing rigging and ropes on a regular basis and maintaining safe work areas and practices. Routine cleaning and preventative maintenance of the vessel. You will work with people from all of the country. The hardest part is being gone from home for a month at a time. The second hardest part is the work schedule each day of working and sleeping a split 12 hour shift. Typical day: 530am - 1130am work, 1130am - 530pm sleep, 530pm - 1130pm work, 1130pm - 530am sleep. Your sleep time includes your meals, showers, laundry, phone calls, etc...

If you're single and aren't afraid of work, this is a great job.
Great job if you are strong enough
Mate (Former Employee), Reserve,La.June 21, 2012
Pros: money and benefits
Cons: long hard hours
Hard work in the sun,heat,rain and cold 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Company has excellent pay and benefits, if you can handle not being home much except to sleep and recover from the hard labor required while at work. This job requires each man to keep a watchful eye on everyone around himself for their safety and your own. With hard work and determination one can advance in this industry through Imgram Barge Company.
Just a CO-OP student position but enjoyable
Solution Center Co-Op (Current Employee), Nashville, TNApril 23, 2012
Pros: cafeteria with cheap lunches, 401k for the intern, comfortable and encouraging work environment.
Cons: limited access to equipment i am studying, no insurance for intern
I had a good experience working at Ingram Barge company. I didn't have a lot of privilages being a student and therefore a contract person but I was able to do a lot of work on computers and especially the odd and wonderful world of Boat computer and network equipment. I had comperable salary and more benefits than most of my compatriots at other companies. I learned a lot and felt like I belonged. I am reaching the end of my CO-OP and we are both sad to be parting ways.

Ingram Barge Company Salaries