Ingram Book Company

Ingram Book Company Employer Reviews

Have to see
Stocker and 3PL associate (Current Employee), TNJuly 9, 2013
Pros: depends
Cons: also depends
he world's largest and most trusted distributor of physical and digital content. We provide books, music and media content to over 38,000 retailers, libraries, schools and distribution partners in 195 countries. More than 25,000 publishers use Ingram’s fully integrated physical and digital solutions and programs to realize the full business potential – more... of books. A division of Nashville-based Ingram Industries Inc., our operating units are Ingram Book Company, Lightning Source Inc., Vital Source Technologies, Inc., Ingram Periodicals Inc., Ingram International Inc., Ingram Library Services Inc., Spring Arbor Distributors Inc., Ingram Publisher Services Inc., Tennessee Book Company LLC, and Coutts Information Services.

​​​ – less
Was a good place to work
Telecommunications Specialist II (Former Employee), TNApril 24, 2013
It started out as a large family managed company that was a great place to work. When it changed after many years to a standard corporate environment, all the great was gone.
produtive, fun environment
Packer (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: friendly co workers, great managers
fun and productive, great management, friendly co workers
nice place to work if you move up quickly
Order Puller (Former Employee), TNJanuary 15, 2013
pay is ok , management is willing to help with employee progression if motivated.
Needs Better Recruiters
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Lavergne TnOctober 17, 2012
I feel this way do to working for this company for more than six months with great production and no tardies or absences.The mangers did not decide to give me and alot more employees instead they gave permanant positons to the most unreliable people that worked there.I think the company shows favortism.I would never return to work for Ingram again.
great place to work
Stocker (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNAugust 14, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: breaks seem short
co-workers were good people to work with,everybody got along.everyday production requirements were to be met.there was a workout room and every so often we had cookouts for doing a good job.
Segmented work place
System Manager/ HRIS (Former Employee), TNJuly 15, 2012
Theres no cross training oppurtunities for skill enhancement. Yet they pay well for applied skill set.
Overall nice Company
HRIS Coordinator (Former Employee), TNJune 2, 2012
Pros: authors book signing events
Cons: seasonal
Book company with online ordering and entertainment. Very career path driven company.
This job was great for working out.. Because you constantly walked 7-9 hours of your shift
Verifications Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 30, 2012
Processed Pick tickets by pulling and selecting orders. Verified packaged orders to ensure adequate shipping procedures. Provided critical quality insurance checks on each processed order. Reviewed and produced inventory sheets for processed orders
How book are made and shipped
Management misleading and not forth coming on information concerning our – more... jobs.
All my co-workers was the greatest
When books was missing and I wasn't able to processed my order.
My co-workers – less
I love INGRAM
Processor (Former Employee), TNApril 15, 2012
Pros: lunch
i had no issues with this company. they offer alot for their employees and the pay is awesome! i really cant think of anything bad to say about this company! the only reason im not there is because i was laid off because of lack of work
Good location!
Assistant to Vice President of National Accounts (Former Employee), TNApril 15, 2012
Pros: location
Cons: work / life balances are at times questioned
I liked working at Ingram Book Company. The location was ideal and the benefits were good. I will say that the company puts much on you in regards to support roles.