Ingram Book Company Employee Reviews

Repetitive and monotonous with no control over where to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 24, 2017
I didn't really enjoy the time I worked at the comp at. The first day I was working there, I got switched to a different job that I disliked and could not move from it.
Pros
Plenty of work hours
Cons
Short breaks, stressful situations
Leadership
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJune 12, 2017
I Love being a lead in my department. Made me learn how to manage a group of different people. The culture was wonderful and it was nice being around.
Productive days
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNMay 3, 2017
Sometime long days typically in the summer time when it was peak season where we would work 10 hour days 6days a week. Working at ingram I learned to work with different people with different personalities. Working the long days in the summer prepared me to be able to work in all climates throughout the year including cold in the winter.
See below.
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, IN 46818April 23, 2017
Ingram was a fast-paced publishing warehouse. Ingram had over 2,000,000 titles ready and available as needed. Ingram had a great safety program which did pay incentives for safety. Outstanding employee benefits.
Really enjoyed working there
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 24, 2017
Very nice working conditions. The hours, pay and benefits were great. Plenty of job advancement within the company. Management was great to work with.
Very productive and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJuly 18, 2016
Lots of exercise the hardest part of my job was in the summer time the warehouse gets pretty hot. I learned how to do order pulling, use a computer, scanner and learned my customer service at the Shipping Department.
Pros
management was good
Cons
short breaks
Excelllent company to work for
Director of Operations Walnut Division (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 27, 2016
Innovator in all aspect of distribution planning and development. Above average employer when it comes to employee training and development issues with a strong HR department.
Pros
Based in the US
Cons
Relocation required
Good place to work.
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  TNJune 8, 2015
I've enjoyed my 8 years at Ingram. I work from 7am to 4pm. I've gained more accounting knowledge. I have great co-workers.
long hours but good pay and hot but will give you a work out
Production Clerk (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMay 9, 2015
Started off this job by working on the floor as a warehouse worker and 10 months later, I was promoted to production clerk. I learned to be patient with other. Nothing special about the managers. They were all trying to meet production standards. Co-workers were the same. Hardest part of job was calculating vacation and sick hours manually for over 500 associates and I was the only person doing the job so I rarely took off work. Enjoyable part was helping the associates and volunteering to work on the floor when I finished my work.
Was a fun and productive place to work
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAMarch 18, 2015
This was my first warehouse job and I loved it, Learned alot and advanced fast. I started off in the picking department and advanced to the packing department. Then after about 6 months I was promoted to the inventory department and had to learn how to drive a cherry picker, which was a challenge for me since I was scared of heights. I also was put in charge of special projects when new product came in and we had to add to the inventory.
Pros
having fun while working in a productive environment
Cons
was very hot especially in the summer months
Enjoyable atmosphere
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Ingram was my first warehouse/distribution center work experience and I have enjoyed every minute. I have always had a great appreciation for the written word so working with and around books all day is amazing. It is a laid back and easy going atmosphere and as long as you can make and keep production and quality standards you get to work at your own pace. The work loads can be a bit exhausting at times but overall, I enjoy being a team member at Ingram Books.
Pros
Dunking booth full of supervisors
Cons
extremely physically demanding
great people
Packer (Former Employee) –  LaVergne TnFebruary 4, 2015
packed out book for customers orders

I learned that you can work to the best of your ability and go where need.
Management was friendly
made a lot of new friends there
the hardest part of my job was making rate I worked my hardest and in never seemed good enough
productive place to work
pub returns (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 7, 2014
I would pick order that need to be returned to the company that sent them. unsold items. I enjoyed the work place. Hard part of the job was lifting heavy items.
Excellent company
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  TNOctober 22, 2013
Ingram was a place where people were serious about their work, but also very much a family. One of the last companies I know of that provides (or did provide) a traditional retirement plan for employees. The CEO attended the company picnic and was very personable and engaging with employees. My manager was the kind of cheerful person you looked forward to seeing each morning, and I have worked hard to incorporate her style into my own management style to the best of my ability.
Pros
Efficient friendly environment
Have to see
Stocker and 3PL associate (Current Employee) –  TNJuly 9, 2013
he world's largest and most trusted distributor of physical and digital content. We provide books, music and media content to over 38,000 retailers, libraries, schools and distribution partners in 195 countries. More than 25,000 publishers use Ingram’s fully integrated physical and digital solutions and programs to realize the full business potential of books. A division of Nashville-based Ingram Industries Inc., our operating units are Ingram Book Company, Lightning Source Inc., Vital Source Technologies, Inc., Ingram Periodicals Inc., Ingram International Inc., Ingram Library Services Inc., Spring Arbor Distributors Inc., Ingram Publisher Services Inc., Tennessee Book Company LLC, and Coutts Information Services.

​​​

Pros
Depends
Cons
Also depends
Was a good place to work
Telecommunications Specialist II (Former Employee) –  TNApril 24, 2013
It started out as a large family managed company that was a great place to work. When it changed after many years to a standard corporate environment, all the great was gone.
produtive, fun environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAFebruary 27, 2013
fun and productive, great management, friendly co workers
Pros
friendly co workers, great managers
nice place to work if you move up quickly
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  TNJanuary 15, 2013
pay is ok , management is willing to help with employee progression if motivated.
Needs Better Recruiters
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lavergne TnOctober 17, 2012
I feel this way do to working for this company for more than six months with great production and no tardies or absences.The mangers did not decide to give me and alot more employees instead they gave permanant positons to the most unreliable people that worked there.I think the company shows favortism.I would never return to work for Ingram again.
great place to work
Stocker (Former Employee) –  La Vergne, TNAugust 14, 2012
co-workers were good people to work with,everybody got along.everyday production requirements were to be met.there was a workout room and every so often we had cookouts for doing a good job.
benefits
Cons
breaks seem short