Ingram Content Group

Ingram Content Group Employer Reviews

Ingram was a great place to work until they advanced people into supervisor positions that had no people skills
library processor (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: supervisors who new little about the departments they were running
the work was great, I loved processing books for libraries, and before that stocking, packing and receiving product. The benefits were great and up till my last year management was great. They let go many long term employees who excelled in their jobs for little or no reason.
Specialist (Former Employee), LaVergne, TNSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: workload increased without compensation
Great benefits, work environment differs by department, some are great and some are really bad. Upper Management is great. H.R. department is very responsive and helpful.
Decent pay if you keep head down and don't worry about safety.
Lead over Production (Former Employee), TNSeptember 2, 2014
Management here is a joke. Paying way too many people way too much to run around bumping into each other with little structure or uniformity. Making up rules and treat everyone different to suit themselves.
Fired after well over ten years employ, because my boss did not do 70% of what the other bosses of his level did. I couldn't get the actions and – more... diplomacy I asked for and once I began talking to HR about my concerns, management made my job harder until I was fed up. I was paid well for what I did for my job, but not enough for what I had to put up with. – less
It's a good job
Digital Content Specialist (Current Employee), La Vergne, TNJuly 18, 2014
Pros: pleasant work environment. good benefits
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities
It's a good place to work at the entry level. I have a good office job and make an average wage.

Opportunities for advancement to management and beyond are almost nonexistent for internal employees as I see most of the management level and above hired from outside the company.
Productive, friendly co-workers with opportunities for advancements.
Library Associate (Former Employee), Lavergne, TNMay 26, 2014
Work on book orders needed to be stamped, labeled, laminated, etc. Friendly environment, easy going supervisors willing to assist at any time. Consistent standing and walking around. Efficiency of orders and chances for advancements in pay or team level.
Great place for experienced professionals...
Human Resources (Former Employee), LaVergne, TNMarch 10, 2014
Convenient location, casual work environment, great medical benefits
Unfair place to work
Credit Collections (Former Employee), TNDecember 29, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: bad senior management
The company has went down hill in the last 15 years. Was a wonderful place to work when started. By the end it mattered who you were and what others thought. Let go after 16 years for no reason except the management did not like me. Senior management is awful!!!
Was a great place to work.enjoyed all my coworkers
Order Processor (Former Employee), TNDecember 4, 2013
Was required to read a pick ticket stating the product title and the quanity to pick. Set up the racks with the prpoer titles. At times I would do shipping product.the product was weighed to insure proper titles shipped to customers. If wrong weight had to manually check to find mistake.
Tell me lies...
Professional (Former Employee), Fort WayneNovember 22, 2013
Pros: discounted books, decent co-workers, good benefits
Cons: ingram's idea of work/life balance is that you give them your life.
The pay and benefits at Ingram are good. Excellent insurance, decent 401k. Does it make up for everything else you are put through? No.
What Ingram does is tell you a bunch of untruths and half-truths about the work environment to get you to take the job. Minimal overtime! No problem if you need time off to spend Christmas with your family! However, – more... after you start working, the story quickly changes. "Occasional" overtime becomes 50 & 60 hour work weeks on a regular basis. Why hire enough people to do the job when you can just work the ones you have half to death? If you are unlucky enough to have a salaried position, you don't get an extra dime or 5 minutes of comp time for your commitment to the company, just the joy of spending all your waking hours at work.
Want to go to church on Sunday? Not if there is work to be done! But you will never be told about the mandatory Sunday overtime in your interview. They will spring that little tidbit on you AFTER you start to work there. In fact, consider yourself lucky if the possibility of working weekend is ever mentioned.

I would not recommend Ingram. The management is very top down. They don't care about their employees. Nothing is a team effort, but centers around what they can force you to do for them. For your pay and benefits, you will give them your life. They say that they are "like a big family" which I guess is true because if you work here, you will have no time to spend with your own family & friends. – less
Amazing workplace
Intermediary of Communications (Current Employee), La Vergne, TnMay 27, 2013
A large company whose first concern is their employees. Great pay, benefits, and chance for advancement.
Fun place to work
Sys Administrator (Current Employee), La Vergne, TNFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: work/life balance
Great co-workers. Ability to learn on your own time. Hardest part of the job is time management, too many projects, too little time/resources
Fun place to work
Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee), La Vergne, TNFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: work/life balance
Fairly good company to work for.
Advanced Programmer (Former Employee), La Vergne, TNJanuary 17, 2012
Pros: wellness center, good health benefits
Cons: industry has changed, bookstores are closing
Overall a good place to work. Book distribution is in a tenuous s tate due to the closing of bookstores and streaming technology.

About Ingram Content Group

If you are reading a book, Ingram Content Group is probably behind it. Ingram is the leader in helping content reach its destination – Read more