Ingram Micro Employee Reviews

Warehouse work fast paced but accuracy is important.
Cherry Picker Forklift and Loader (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 5, 2016
I and my co-workers drive cherry picker forklifts we use RF scanners for picking and we have to be accurate we have to build and place our packages on pallets and unload on to a conveyor. I also worked in shipping loading trucks with my co-workers we have to build a wall and make sure it is sturdy. The hardest part of our job is the accuracy. The management is strict but fair. The most enjoyable part of our job is making sure we are picking the right product.
Productive At times unfair
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 12, 2016
Great place to work. Make you feel like you can get help but when you try to you won't get it. Example you go tell a supervisor that you need help with a task they say they will help the next day they dont and keep butting it off on till you keep reminding them everyday. Also some departments always ask for help yet don't help back when they don't have work...
Pros
Self-supervision trusted to do job
Cons
Some work more than others and get paid less
Long Hours with little to no Recognition
Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Iam still an employee of Ingram Micro and one thing never cahnges... we Are required to be here if there is work. No If's and's or buts... We continue to work 10 hour day's 6 day's a week... because our staffing is based off of forecast and not actual work... Its been a hard 8 years.. but the people i work for and with has alway's made it enjoyable.
Pros
Great People, Good Times, and Always something new to learn.
Cons
Supervisors are required to give to much time away from family with little to no compensation.
Jay Ganz: Successful and Energetic Sales Professional
Motorola Solutions Market Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 13, 2016
Managed, trained, and established net-new as well as current Motorola accounts through a process of live, hands-on training, marketing events, rebates, and relationships.
Accomplishments:
• Customer Management: On-boarded all Motorola partners and advised how they can hit their sales goals.
• Sales: Exceedingly over achieved on an $8m+ quota at a rate of 104%.
• Management: Created and conducted marketing events with current VAR, DMR, and other channel
partners as well as continued building new relationships to achieve sales quota.
Review of my time at ln gram
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Millington, TnOctober 26, 2016
Management could give less about you all they want is get product in so it comes be shipped .long hours no raises no bounses .branch huddles very few even if have one .need to get Union in .they cutback on Christmas party no summer picnic . It is all they want to do is more money in Ingram pockets I worked there for 17 years. Was a job and that's about it
Ingram Micro
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Excellent company with great culture, great people and advancement opportunities. Ingram is a very social organization with a great focus on philanthropy. My personal experience has been very positive and have worked with very intelligent charismatic people. It has afforded me multiple opportunities. The most enjoyable has been the travel and meeting customers all over the US and the events are outstanding.
Pros
Giveaways, great events, great travel
Cons
productive and easy work place at ingram micro
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INAugust 29, 2016
Everyday we come in every afternoon listen to how many hours we will be doing. Then i will walk into my work place and get on either 3 to 5 computers. I learned that not all cell phones are easy to program. Most of my co-workers are easy to work with, but some people give me a hard time. The hardest part of the job was to stand on my feet for 8 or 10 hours. The most enjoyable part was to program new phones before anyone see's them
Pros
free lunch
Cons
10 min breaks
A lot of hours no life
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 9, 2016
12 hr shifts, 7 days a week. No room for family or a life. They do not have funds to get folks the equipment to get the job completed. touching product too much to get out the door. folks standing around talking way too much. lied to on hours, there are times you are there 14-16 hours day.

they do not fix processes, do not upgrade facility to make a productive work environment.
Cons
hours, no family work balancce
fun workplace and where I gained multi skill expieriance
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 18, 2016
Ingram Micro is where I developed my working skills and worked at different department.while I was working as Data entry there was misunderstanding with my coworkers about pulling parts for the technician who fix the phones but I come up with the solution and explained to her the way she understood me and then finished the plan for that day.I did't find the hardest part of the job because I'm always willing to learn new things that comes through and had no difficulties with it. They always gave us training before doing if there is some thing new come up. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is that I learned different stuffs everyday and moved to from one department to another which helps to have a skill of doing different things. and the people I have worked were awesome and helpful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
sustainable breakd
Great work place with great opportunity's.
Stocker/picker (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJuly 28, 2016
Typical 8 hour work day consisted of stocking, picking, loading, unloading and making sure we meet quota. Learned how to use an rf, how to properly handle equipment and maintain a steady workflow.
Management was great and coworkers were very helpful and reliable.
Hardest part was making sure everything was done on time. most enjoyable was being there making money.
great work place with friendly associates
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 19, 2016
go to work an do the reqired amount of work needed and go above and beyond support great management team great co workers by far i learned alot of products computer skills an much much more the job isnt hard a pretty comfort work the most great thing about the job is i feel like i have a family with ingram micro
Pros
gatorade. icream
Cons
short breaks
Management Issues
Quality Assurance Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, IN 46168June 27, 2016
I worked at Ingram for 10 years. I had the opportunity to take many online course and workshops.
Coaching Essentials
Emotional Intelligence
Microsoft Excel
Resolving Conflicts
Diversity and Ethics
Change in the Workplace
Violence in the Workplace

The co-workers and QC's that were on my Team showed me great respect and leaned on me for answers.

The hardest part of the job was making the decision to leave and go back to school. The long 60 plus hours each week for two years without a break was more than I can do and stay healthy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was training others.
Pros
Breaks every two hours
Cons
Work 6 days a week.
There is always something to do.
Quality Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40228August 29, 2016
This company keeps you working minimum 10 hours a day. I learned it is good to get along with others because your coworkers are your support. If you want to transfer to another department in the company, the ability is possible.
Pros
Air conditioned warehouse
Cons
Compensation could be higher
It is a really good company to work for and I would work for them again.
Tableau Developer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 7, 2016
To keep employees, balance the salary and the life style.
Get better projects...get some different client base
Pay is a little below industry average. Single person controls the organization so no much room for negotiation.
Very slow at times
Tech II (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNJuly 28, 2016
supervisors will put blame on their workers for things that were their fault. They also grant you things then tell the manager that they did not to get rid of workers that work hard and not there to be friends with the supervisors. Have been known to drive 40 minutes to work to be sent home after an hr and a half
Pros
nice pay
Cons
unfair supervisors
Productive area to work, learning a lot
Corporate Social Responsibility Intern (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 4, 2016
As an intern, I am learning every day. This is a great opportunity to get into the industry. I enjoy the people and the layout of the building. They use an open space environment. The downside is parking is shared with other companies so some people have to park further away. My manager is really nice and supportive.
Ingram Micro is the largest global wholesale distributor and provider of technology products and Third Party logistic services.
Manager of Safety and Security/Field (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 9, 2016
Ever changing and continous improvment keeps the staff busy. Customer's expectation are always met and in most cases exceeded. Great Leadership and work force.
Fun place to work
Trainer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jonestown, PANovember 3, 2016
There is a lot opportunity to grow. Co-workers are very friendly and supportive. The hardest part is on 4th quarter, employees has to work longer hours. Great place for people who enjoy a fast paste environment.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
longer hours
Exciting and fast-paced environment
Sales Representative II (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 28, 2016
No single day is the same as the previous one. There are always vendors visiting to promote their product lines and new products. Te team in the Scottsdale office is what really makes coming to work every day enjoyable.
A fun and productive place to work we have free drink machines
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNMay 28, 2016
A typical day at work is fun we laugh and we work together to make everyone's job easier and I have learned how to multitask on the job. Management is easy to work with because everyone in management are down to earth people and my coworkers are fun to work with because everyone has good attitudes and don't mind helping one another. The hardest part of my job is standing up the whole twelve hour shift until u get a break. I enjoy about my job that everyone gets along laugh and joke and everyone works together we are a team there so it makes the job less stressful
Pros
Free lunches and drink machines
Cons
Breaks are not long enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingram Micro. Our community is ready to answer.