The Manager, Mechanical Engineering Support will provide leadership and a broad range of mechanical engineering expertise and technical support to all divisions of Corn Products International in support of their production, quality and business goals. This includes mechanical design of equipment and systems, development and review of potential projects, and support during major project implementation. In addition, they will provide a high level of influence and technical leadership through mentoring, leading task forces, and answering technical requests.
Director, Corporate Engineering
- Responsible for establishing complex engineering plans and designs, including engineering studies, equipment designs and testing, equipment specifications and maintenance practices, all related to Mechanical Engineering components of the businesses of Corn Products.
- Review and recommend appropriate equipment and mechanical systems for projects and existing operations to ensure they comply with known safety best practices, existing codes and standards.
- Provide technical consulting assistance to Corn Products International and outside engineering personnel for design, planning, installation, testing, start-up troubleshooting, and optimization of process and mechanical equipment, as required, to support project schedules and goals and plant operations.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating process and mechanical equipment specifications, improvement recommendations, purchase approvals and other documentation as required to Corn Products employees, outside engineers and vendors.
Agility and Innovation
- Provide technical support to Continuous Improvement teams that focus on collaborative optimization to promote manufacturing excellence.
- Identify and develops new ideas, concepts, or techniques that may be useful to our business and operations.
Relationships and People
- Mentor mechanical engineers at Corn Products facilities worldwide when possible to develop individual expertise and build strong relationships.
- Maintain awareness of the latest trends in mechanical design, equipment design, and regulatory requirements on equipment design and operation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical engineering subjects including bulk solids material handling/conveying/storage, liquid/slurry material movement and storage, general and primary utilities, cogeneration, equipment fabrication, and general mechanical technology, such as strength of materials, machine design, fluid mechanics, materials of construction, and thermodynamics.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex mechanical problems as applied to facilities design, operations consulting, equipment failures and maintenance troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated application of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative and innovation in handling complex technical assignments and integrating those solutions with business needs into decision making with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with a minimum of 15 years of related engineering experience.
- Must be a decisive, goals-oriented individual, capable of independent decision making with the ability to successfully meet targeted goals and time and budgetary constraints.
- Strong interpersonal skills suited to task force and consulting assignments and to directing or influencing others (both inside and outside the direct chain of command) with the ability to interface effectively with team members, management, customers and vendors
- Strong written and verbal skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with people of other cultures and languages. Fluency in English is a requirement; knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Travel may constitute up to 30 percent of the time on the job, both domestic and international, and may consist of several consecutive days or weeks travel to any of the company facilities worldwide
Corn Products International, Inc., is now Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE: INGR). The company is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and nutrition ingredients. With customers in more than 40 countries, Ingredion serves approximately 60 diverse sectors in food, beverage, brewing, pharmaceuticals and other industries. For more information, visit ingredion.com.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ingredion Incorporated (NYSE:INGR) is a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and...