Ingredion Employee Reviews

You will do better working for a subcontractor
Employee (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 28, 2017
It's all about the bottom line. There is a theme of outsourcing with no value in employees that have been there 10, 20 even 30 years. The corporate management pushes being #1 in the industry but address benefits with "industry standard".
Decent employer, no work/life balance.
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILNovember 8, 2017
Decent employer, no work/life balance. I would not recommended this employer to any family or friends. Salary is decent, however employees are expected to provide afterhours support without compensation.
Pros
Cons
Zero work/life balance; expected to be on call 24/7 without overtime compensation
No job security
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2017
Their corporate office is in the process of restructuring the whole organization so job security is non-existent. Their own employees are having to reapply for their own jobs just to even be considered in the restructuring process.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Total lack of leadership. Corporate changes are extremely unorganized causing employee stress.
Really good job!
Mechanical Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Great company to work for, the pay is really good here, the people are really nice as well, and I have a really good management team in my department.
Independent Work Environment
Food Technologist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 6, 2017
small office

personable employees

laid back

clean and updated

very quiet and sometimes lonely

no micromanaging

everyone works as a team even if they are from a different department
If you like working 7 days a week this is the place for you
Laborer/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOAugust 26, 2017
Work schedule 7 days a week with one weekend off a month, cut throat environment. Lots of forcing to cover absent worker, hourly workers most likely end up in divorce because you cannot be with your family. If the weather gets bad, if the city cease public transportation, airport closes prepare yourself for a letter of warning or being suspended. This place is not family oriented for hourly workers.
Pros
Can't think of none
Cons
Cannot plan to be a family or organization events because of scheduling.
Good company. Poor management.
Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 16, 2017
I have been with my company for the past almost 11 years. We have had a new direction in management and I do not care for it. I have seen first hand what works and what does not. It is trul sad to be looking for a new job when I thought I was going to retire from here. This facility I work at has had a huge change in leadership as well as staffing. A lot of employees have either taken early retirements or just left after 22 plus years of service. I feel it is just my time to leave due to the history and knowledge I have, for them to make the changes they would like to take place.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management.
Great experience especially for entry level
Associate Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILAugust 9, 2017
A great company to gain entry level experience and move up if you are in the inner circle. Typical corporate setting and expectations. Some of the people are good and some only care about themselves.
Ingredion
Lab Assistant- Support (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 20, 2017
I worked here as an Intern and it was OK I guess. But the work they had me doing was not lab work it was just preparing snacks and I did't really learn anything from working there .
so far it has been a great place tobwork.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2017
Union environment. Like what I do. Learned skills from other co workers. You have some communication to work with via coworkers managers and outside contractors or turck drivers. Pay is higher than most jobs that do the same thing.
Assistant, Facilities and Corporate Events (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 2, 2017
Comparable Benefits.
Lots of extra curricular events going on throughout the year. Employee Recognition Program. Very busy Corporate office and over 33 different locations in 18+ different countries.
Great company for millenials
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 17, 2017
The company gives great opportunities if millennials like to expand their global knowledge by providing assignments in other countries. The assignments allow people to learn about other culture and be able to move up in the company faster once the assignment is completed. They also provide flex scheduled as well.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
management needs lots of work
work flow
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILApril 19, 2017
Its a work free environment.
but it needs more communication skills and too much office rumors over little things.
Never try to work with their employees .
Pros
work on your paist.
Cons
0 communication
Corn milling operation -
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 12, 2017
this is a 24/7 operation company, pay and benefits are good. Learned the ins/outs of steeping/grinding corn to separate the 4 main components for our customers. Fairly good/pleasant atmosphere to work in
A company going through transistion
Employee (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Ingredion is currently going through a transition. Previously, it was a very conservative, and "old school" in the way that many actions had to be approved by management. They are now attempting to be a little less conservative and let some of the decision making be done at different levels. Overall, a great family oriented company.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 22, 2017
Great company to work for, and my 8 years working there was a great experience. Monitoring equipment and performing chemical operating. Friendly work environment. Hardest part was the swing shift from night to days
Pros
easy job
Cons
swing shift
Great Company
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Everyone is very friendly and always willing to help out. Ingredion is constantly striving for innovation and they are willing to push the bar to develop new products.
good work environment, great co-workers
Corn Breeder's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 6, 2017
I would typically cover newly formed corn chutes with bags in the morning, then very selectively hand-pollinate hundreds of corn plants throughout the day. I was able to apply some classroom genetics knowledge to the artificial selection of corn to produce the desired effect. The management was demanding and focused, but easy-going as long as the job got done. Most co-workers were rewarding to work with, but some were only there for a few days they decided to not work anymore, most likely because the job was fairly physically demanding. Once the workflow was developed, the job became more fun as the co-workers got along very well.
Pros
healthy work environment
Cons
physically demanding
Very friendly coworkers
Corn Breeder's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INDecember 31, 2016
The work environment was satisfactory in regards to safety and salary. The supervisor was reasonable and friendly. The work involved killing weeds, counting corn, and hand-pollinating corn. I learned what products are made with corn starch and the multiple different types of corn starch. The hot weather was the hardest part of the job as the work took place during the heat of summer and was outside without much shade. The co-workers made the job enjoyable.
Pros
good working environment for those wanting to get to know others around you
Cons
very strict on attendance
good job
Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 27, 2016
This is a fairly good place to work. There seems to be a lot of upper management turn over. Hours are pretty extreme. Pay is decent if you were hired 5 years ago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingredion. Our community is ready to answer.