Initiative Employee Reviews

Unapproachable management
Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2017
the culture wasn't beneficial for growth with management quick to pass judgement than educate or train. the office as a whole was silo'd with the auto team and other teams rarely interacting. overall the culture was lacking but put on a great facade.
Pros
wonderful front desk personnel
non profit no longer in existence
intern (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2017
non profit no longer in existence it was a green jobs training program geared towards lower income neighborhoods. this is stupid that I am required to write this.
Awesome place to start a career
Specialist, TV Investment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2017
Learned a ton about managing people, projects, and client/vendor relationships. Very fun, young industry to work in. Compensation and advancement are limited beyond a certain point.
Advertising/ Media company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
The employees were all great! Management was always open and available to hear feedback. I learned a tremendous amount about myself and the world of media. I was very fortunate to work in a collaborative, think tank. The perks were the best part of the job and experiences. The fast pace was the hardest part of the job. You had to be willing to switch to another project at a moment's notice.
Pros
free lunches, great perks, laptop & cellphone provided
Cons
no real lunch breaks, long hours, having to be available 24/7
Voya Financial
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 12, 2016
Absolutely amazing work culture. Management was extremely good. People know their roles and responsibilities and very helpful staff.
Pros
Excellent Management
office has closed
Sr. Specialist, Local Investment (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 8, 2016
office has closed in atlanta but I was there for 13+ years but I enjoyed beginning my career there and learned a lot during my time there
Complete shitshow
Head Digital Media Planner and Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 24, 2015
Like working with a bunch of people who resemble chickens with their heads cut off. I went through 5 managers over the span of 8 months and found myself having to do the work of multiple people as people continually jumped ship. But due to the massive turnover above me, there was nobody to really report to or ask for help. I would be there until 2 or 3 in the morning nearly every night for a couple of months straight.

If you like working 80+ hours a week, dealing with incompetent managers, having others take credit for your work and work in an old run-down office with poor technology, then maybe Initiative is the place for you.
Cons
Good start if you want to go into media
Analyst, Response Analytics (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2015
This is like the PwC of media, big name subpar pay. They pay you below market rate because they know they can get away with it. Like all jobs, the recruiters say whatever it takes to get you into the door, and when you are in, 3/4 of the things never appear.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Below average pay, no opportunities for advancement.
Productive and cultured work envirnoment
Associate Digital Investment (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2015
- Open floor seating each day, which helped us learned the office layout and our co-workers.
- Works closely with Media Planners to develop and maintain media plans.
- Analyzes data to provide client with recommendations for optimizations; and any competitive research.
- Assists in managing creative trafficking process.
- Monitors client billing; and ensures all media projections proceed according to plan.
Good for a few months
Freelance Digital Media Planner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2015
I only freelanced for a couple months so my opinion is a bit limited. Having said that, the work-life balance isn't the greatest and the management wasn't always on point. The culture is young and vibrant, however, and I enjoyed my short time there.
Culture Focusing on Learning
Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 9, 2015
Initiative is a great agency to learn media as they put a lot of resources into training opportunities. They also have a varied client list with opportunity to move around.
Pros
Learning Opportunities
Cons
Low Pay, high workload
Fine
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2015
They dissolved this philanthropy, but everyone who worked there was very happy. The benefits were commensurate with other nonprofits with high endowments. Everyone was very sweet and the offices were incredible . There is nothing else that I wish to say about this company and I find the 40 word limit on this site to be a bit excessive.
Great place for first job
Strategist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2015
Great place to begin your career if you are interested in the advertising industry. Along with all other agencies, very much lacking in work/life balance. The people are great, wonderful co-workers.
Same IPG Family
National Television Investment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 31, 2014
Wonderful experience and great people. Open space office, convenient location, large scale.
Initiative
Analytics Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2014
Initiative is a media agency based in Los Angeles, CA. Being at Initiative I have learned a lot about analytics and research in the auto, retail, and entertainment industries. My managers and co-workers are great to work with. Everyone is very helpful and makes time to answer any questions or needs. Agencies are fast passed and can get overwhelming but the company and my team make it worth while.
Tough Job - Learned a lot
Multiple products/campaigns
Fun creative executions
Relaxed work environment
Senior Digital Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2013
Level of enjoyment is dependent on which account you work on but overall, good place to be
a fun and caring place to work
NYU Management Information System and Technology (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2013
this is a fun place to work, people are nice, it is on campus of NYU so most of the people who work there are university staff and college students.
Productive agency, which is enthusiastic about personal growth.
Media Planner - Hyundai (Regional, Tier 2) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2013
Initiative is an agency that cares about its work and employee's. It offers its clients a range of media communication services: strategy, media planning and buying, analytics, evaluation, and social media.

The agency its-self has allowed me to grow and learn about media planning.
Pros
comradery amoungst co-workers
Assistant Buyer
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York NY 10017February 12, 2013
I learned a lot about the Media industry. There is so many different thing you could learn about it. My co workers are great. I learned a lot from them . A typical day at work is making sure my buyers need anything done right away. Then I work on the billing for my buyers in particular markets.
Pros
great people to work with, learned a lot and company is for there employees
Cons
cummute mostly.