Injection Molding Employee Reviews

the job is very good
operator (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 9, 2016
The day at my job be ok sometimes during the day it be too hot, breaks are ok. Sometimes the product that we do are very hoy and can burn our hands. But other than that the job is very good and gives you a raise every other time.
Pros
holiday payed
Cons
too hot
don't really remember
Injection Molding, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 13, 2016
great job just short assignment. its just standing in front a machine watching parts fall out keeping the hopper full .using the crane to change out molds for different parts .
Pros
easy
Cons
short assignment
very fast paced and challenging position.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, OHOctober 27, 2015
Given all the recent changes in upper management, the day typically started off difficult with the shuffling of personnel to fill in for call offs or the placement of best people in critical production areas.

5s experience proved to be very important knowledge in this environment with all the presses and mold changes creating lots of oil and hydraulic fluid leaks on the floor.
Pros
great working relationship with colleagues.
Cons
very high turnover rate.
Alright
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels txAugust 11, 2015
It was alright type of job, it was hot and slow for me. I like to be busy and it wasn't for me. I learned how to make ice chest and lids for them. the hardest part was when you have to go to the bathroom and you got wait for someone to let you go.
very busy work place
Press Handler (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2015
before shift meeting letting us know what press or line we were on for that day. Everyday was different with the material and or product that was to be made on each individual press.
Automotive plastics parts supplier
Production Engineer / New Model Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYOctober 16, 2014
I learned a lot about industrial manufacturing working out of town. Now I am seeking to find some employment close to home. I am a graduate of Shawnee State University. I am willing to take a pay cut to have work in my home town.
Pros and Cons
Process Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Bedford ParkMarch 20, 2014
Job Work/Life balance is great. Compensation and benefits are some of the best I have seen. Most co-workers are wonderful people. Some chatty kathy's was with any company. Overall morale is low.
Pros
enjoyable coworkers
Cons
management
Difficult, Demanding, and Rewarding
Blow Molding Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, ArizonaDecember 27, 2013
Western Container was a great place to work. I started off each day by presenting a pass-down for the oncoming shift. This way each member knows whats ahead of them and it allows us to explore ways to communicate to the members of all the activities coming up. I would oversee production in the Blow Mold department and the Injection Molding department. I wasn't limited to those two areas, I would ensure shipping was being performed correctly and check on the systems room that keeps the plant running. I would train and teach Injection Molding Processing and was asked to fill in as the Interim Technical Mgr. I was involved with the Food Safety team, and was a Corporate GMP auditor, traveling to other facilities and auditing them and giving a closing meeting with results of the audit. I would oversee over 30 members during the course of my shift. I loved to inspire and motivate the members, while still maintaining the ability to hold members accountable. I would give update to the Production and General managers and take direction from them to help with the overall production of the facility. The hardest part of the job was Food Safety and becoming ISO 22000 and PAS 220 certified, there was constant change. The best part of the job was the constant change that is required in the plastics industry. Of course the most enjoyable was watching the members grow and knowing that I had a hand in their development.
Pros
bbq's and member involvement
Cons
on call 24-7
Producitve
Injection Molder (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 5, 2013
Nice place to start first time on the job./Full time after 6months
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Productive based with safety as the forefront
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Franklin, KYNovember 30, 2013
A typical day at work includes gathering and reviewing information of the requirements of the day's production with the team members, relaying all information concerning safety, quality and productivity. I have learned how to properly coordinate the appropriate tools and people needed to complete the task at hand. All co-workers are experienced and are very knowledgeable of the expectations of their jobs. The hardest part of the job is working stringent hours in order to complete the job. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is training and motivating others to achieve their full potential.
Pros
high salary with positive benefits
Cons
continuous overtime in order to complete production
Working with a molding machine is hard but easy work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJSeptember 19, 2013
Getting started. How to work at a normal pace.Management was good. My coworker were good. Trying to get the work out on time. Working around people.
Pros
good working aera
Cons
short breaks
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 4, 2013
A typical day at work is getting the job done in an orderly manner. Completing the task with other jobs behind it.
if i had a choice to return, i would turn it down
Injection Molder (Former Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXOctober 9, 2012
the supervisers were rude and when i found out i was pregnant they found ways to try to fire me, they had me moving at first and i was fine doing that, i wasnt tired, but putting a pregnant woman sitting down from 6pm-6am hammering nails into outlets will put anyone to sleep.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 15, 2012
Good company, stable will be around for long time, good for the encomy in this area
Pros
large company