inLighten Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great to work for an industry leader
Vice President - Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Clarence, NYJanuary 23, 2015
When I came to inLighten, I had limited experience in technology sales. But, because I did have a business-to-business marketing background in a variety of industries, inLighten took a chance on me, trained me well and gave me time to prove myself. That was over 5 years ago. I'm now responsible for sales in a multi-state territory, work with C-level executives and have been able to do more things for my family than was ever possible before. I like that my manager has years of sales experience and understands my daily challenges. I work with a great group of people and enjoy representing an industry leader. I travel about 8 - 10 nights per month, all my expenses are covered, my weekends are my own and there's no cap or ceiling on my earning potential. I receive leads from trade shows, referrals, direct mail and by working the phones to set up meetings. I feel that I'm building something for the future with a company that's committed to its employees and is really the best at what it does. inLighten is a great opportunity for anyone who excels at direct sales.
Too much time on the road
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Clarence, NYNovember 1, 2013
a typical sales rep flies out three weeks out of the month. leaving on the red eye monday morning, and returning Friday evening.
Outside Hardware and Software Sales
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYJune 22, 2013
The last 3 years, I have spent most of my time presenting to financial institutions and selling in branch digital signage. Financial institutions using displays in the branch to market their own product and services to their customers. One week out of the month I would spend cold calling to prospects and clients setting meetings and closing sales.

I have learned to establish relationships with current and new clients. I have managed a database of over 5,000 contacts as well as a geography of 9 states both east and west coast. Time management is essential in any sales position, especially dealing with 4 different time zones.

My co-workers are the best part of my job, but I feel that i am under appreciated by upper management when it comes to my skills and sales numbers.

The hardest part of my job is sitting at a desk. I am a hunter and go getter when it comes to developing relationships and keeping them successful. People love to be around me and love working with me. I guess I give people satisfaction wherever I am.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the travel. I love to travel and see different places. Also, meeting and networking with new people is key. You never know who you are going to run into and where. I am convinced, the more people you know, the better off you are in life. The same goes with any sales position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at inLighten. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5