InMotion Entertainment Employee Reviews in United States

Fun work environment
Assiatant manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2016
Processed an average of 15 transactions each day in a timely manner. Helped customers select products that best fit their personal needs. Oversaw daily operations of 16 store locations. Trained staff to deliver outstanding customer service. Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received. Learned a lot about different products. Management was pretty laid back. Well work environment and got along with each staff member. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with daily inventory control and other operations. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide the best customer service and making a customer satisfied.
Pros
Paid Breaks and good benefits
Cons
Budget cuts
Felt like family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2015
InMotions is a great place to work. They treat you like family. Working in the airport you meet a lot of great people with diverse culture. The management helps guild you to be the best you can be. The employee are supportive of one another, celebrating all achievements. A great place to work.
Pros
Supportive, great management, steady pay and hours.
Cons
N/A
Cons are more than the Pros
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 17, 2016
This is a job more suited for someone who is still in college and wants to work part time. For those looking full time employment the Cons heavily outweigh the Pros.The only Pro I can actually think of is that if you do open the kiosk you get to go home around 1pm. In fact there are very few benefits to working for this company. You don't get compensated well for the amount you sell, it is difficult to get to work because it is in the airport mall, you're not allowed to sit while working and the hours long and are ridiculously early (4:45am open time) because you work in an airport. Ultimately it was definitely the wrong choice for me.
Pros
Testing expensive headphones, getting to go home at 1pm if you open
Cons
Working in an airport, very little upward growth potential, poor compensation, standing long hours
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYMay 13, 2016
A typical day at work involved making sales for the customers, stocking items to be put up to sale, handle phone calls from co-workers from other locations in the airport and handled concerns from customers. I also answered questions from customers about other areas of the airport. I liked working with my co-workers because they made my work day easier. I learned more customer service skills and also more about electronics such as headphones. I also learned how retail worked. The only concern was my scheduling and hours because I was a student in college by the time the school year started and it was too many hours for me, which is the only reason why I left.
Pros
Cons
Scheduling and hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2016
Selling was the main point of the job.

Enjoyable environment with fellow co-workers.

Management at the locations we're more helpful than Corp
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2016
It's fun to work here because current management is not that great with employees. They also cut hours and don't really take care of their employees. Commission sucks here because you only get 1% of how much you make for the month, and is never guaranteed.
fun job
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2016
Great company to work for but they keep cutting hours in multiply locations and putting the managers in a bind and having to let employees go. I would love to advance in the company but there corporate isn't the best and there marketing team doesn't have the skills or ideas to push the companies name.
Pros
incentives can be earned
Cons
never set hours.
Loud and busy environment on a daily basis
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at works involves dealing with customers and helping them decide on what to buy while at the same time gain knowledge about product. Everyday you learn something new because there are always new electronics coming in shipment. Cleaning, stocking, shipment, merchandising, cash handling, and of course customer service were also things that had to be done on a daily. Management in the store itself is awesome but when u get to higher management as in corporate dealings, it becomes a little difficult. My co-workers are team players! We work well together. The hardest part of the job is working a shift by yourself having to juggle all of the duties at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be exposed to all kinds of people, learning new things, and not having to work under pressure.
Pros
rewards for good job performance
Cons
short breaks, standing long periods of time
Very Competitive in Sales
Sales Associate; Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jax, FLApril 27, 2015
My experience working for the company wasnt very pleasant at all. I was expected to learn an extensive amount of information on a vast number of electronics in a very short amount of time. It was difficult but I gave it my best shot. I was expected to make a high number of sales even though I wasnt in an "ideal" selling situation (a small airport) and I worked on slow days. I was eventually fired because I used the bathroom for too long.
Pros
Cons
poor management, unrealistic expectations
Productive fun work environment
Sales associates (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2016
close and open store
sale high-in electronics
stand all day
airport work environment very busy and fast pace
you can meet a lot of people
earn only one percent commission
Pros
can play and listen to music at work
Cons
bad on breaks, management
It was okay
Sales Associate/Team Member (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAApril 8, 2016
It was an okay job, fun because of the music but people were very hurtful and evil. At the end of the day, it was a job that paid the bills so i cannot say too much.
Pros
Music
great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 20, 2016
greta company to work for always got along with everyone always met different people and great people the only bad thing is its not easy to move up in the company
fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2016
It gets really busy but still a good place to work. Some times it can get really dead at the airport but we always keep ourselves busy by cleaning up the store and making sure everything is straightened up.
Great fast paced retail environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX - Terminal DApril 7, 2012
Grat place to gain experience if you into retail. Schedules are random as retail usually is. Operations hours are from 6am to 9 pm. Hardest part of the job is coordinating your daily life around the often changing schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all different kinds of people from all over the world in a fast paced airport environment.
Pros
friendly people, opportunity to gain retail experience, and interaction with all types of people.
Cons
limited benefit coverage, no raises or advances in merit, food is expensive in the airport
Everyday Amusement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2013
My day would consist of early morning openings. Preparing the store on a daily basis, making sure everything was in stock and ready for customers to buy. On a normal day I would assist well over 300 customers helping them pick out their electronic needs. My co-workers were a great team of young adults who were very competitive; and that's what made the job fun.
Pros
meeting celebrities on a daily basis
Cons
management wasn't the best
Good place to work, fun enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 10, 2012
You come in, make sure the store is ready to go, do your best to deliver a great service to the customer and have fun. I learned that people are will to spend when you know your product and are friendly even if they are not. Kindness can improve anyones day. Management is usually good, while I have been through a lot, only had one bad managers. Other left for better pay opprotunities, can not blame them for that. Most of the co-workers were really cool. But much better with energetic people. The over time can be rough at times. The best part was playing with different headphones. I now know shures are one of the best ear buds ever!!
Pros
see different people everyday due to being located in the airport
Cons
the commute is tiresome after a while.
Great place to work depending on who's under management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2013
Our typical work days were pretty average paced, mainly selling headphones, DVD's, and renting DVD players and movies. I gained experience in cashiering, opening and closing a store, making appropriate money drops at the end of shifts, and how to upsell. The best part of the job is being able to meet and interact with many different people, including celebrities. The hardest part was sometimes meeting the quotas of the company's sales expectations.
Pros
higher pay from minimum wage, good discounts.
Cons
hard to move up, some "not so good" managers, no real part time benefits, hard to move up to full time.
great pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2015
Very fun environment, Great pay, Great hours, working at the airport is fun because you get to meet new people everyday. Great commission.
Outstanding Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 21, 2012
Working at Inmotion was the best work experience I ever received.
The Store Manager was a true leader and the company provided a great support system. I built excellent work realtionships with the people I worked directly with and indirectly. The associates had no problem following the lead of the management which prooduce very successful results.
Pros
awesome work environment
Cons
not enough work hours
Worked with a Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 5, 2013
Although it was a small store, it allowed room to be independent and creative. Was able to rearrange store with new products, was independent when it came to sales and the incentives were great if we achieved a high sale goals. I worked with a great team where everyone helped out one another. What made it much better was that management was great too.
Pros
great team in small store, allowed room to be creative
Cons
only located behind security pt in the airport and pay