InMotion Entertainment

InMotion Entertainment Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville FLJune 30, 2014
The job is fun, but the pay and advancement opportunities are very slim.
Fun laid back atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2014
A typical day includes assisting, selling and educating customers from all over the world.
Disappointing
Store Manager (Former Employee), Orlando International Airport (MCO)May 15, 2014
Pros: great team, inter store communications, las vegas manager meetings
Cons: no breaks, usually work alone and have to close the entire store just to go to the bathroom.
When I first started at the Orlando Airport, I was excited. We had a great team of people and sold some awesome products. My first week there I sold $499 headphones.

However as time when on, the company sure did change. Instead of having products that were great for the average person on the go, they moved to high end headphones, 20 different sku#'s – more... of midrange headphones from $19.99 - $99 headphones. We had more inexpensive ones but my managers wanted me to put these behind product so they could not bee seen.

The district manager was challenging. The best way to word it would be unprofessional. I was a manager there for over 3 years and was relieved when I was laid off. – less
Very Productive and Fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: working at airport
I learned how to deal with irate customers and handle all complaints to customer satisfaction. Promote sales and rentals. Cashier duties and maintain and neat and clean workspace.
Great Company
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: working in the airport
Cons: n/a
I didn't have any problems working at InMotion, great company and the good thing about working there that all the stores are located in the airport so you get to meet a lot of new interesting people.
Great Small Company
STORE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 8, 2013
Pros: management, latest tech gear
Cons: dealing with all the stuff that comes with working at the airport
Majority of locations at the airport. You communicate with corporate or other stores via email. Sales goals can be challenging.
Nice and fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: good lunch
Cons: no benefits
Helping people with question that they have about the devices and products that we sale, making sure customers are happy when they leave the store with there purchase.. Nice place to work but very slow at time and most of the time I work alone and bored.
Everyday Amusement
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2013
Pros: meeting celebrities on a daily basis
Cons: management wasn't the best
My day would consist of early morning openings. Preparing the store on a daily basis, making sure everything was in stock and ready for customers to buy. On a normal day I would assist well over 300 customers helping them pick out their electronic needs. My co-workers were a great team of young adults who were very competitive; and that's what made – more... the job fun. – less
Worked with a Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Queens, NYMay 5, 2013
Pros: great team in small store, allowed room to be creative
Cons: only located behind security pt in the airport and pay
Although it was a small store, it allowed room to be independent and creative. Was able to rearrange store with new products, was independent when it came to sales and the incentives were great if we achieved a high sale goals. I worked with a great team where everyone helped out one another. What made it much better was that management was great too.
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Flushing, New YorkApril 18, 2013
Good place to start off, good pay. Nice staff. Benefits are awesome too.
Great place to work depending on who's under management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2013
Pros: higher pay from minimum wage, good discounts.
Cons: hard to move up, some "not so good" managers, no real part time benefits, hard to move up to full time.
Our typical work days were pretty average paced, mainly selling headphones, DVD's, and renting DVD players and movies. I gained experience in cashiering, opening and closing a store, making appropriate money drops at the end of shifts, and how to upsell. The best part of the job is being able to meet and interact with many different people, including – more... celebrities. The hardest part was sometimes meeting the quotas of the company's sales expectations. – less
Good Place to work
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Dallas, TexasNovember 17, 2012
Good place to work. ................ ....................... .............................
Productive,and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2012
.Meeting new people from all parts of the world,and introducing to them the lastest electronics.
.customers loves good service
.Recruiting,training,oversee the preparationof budgets and forecasts
for all area of the store.
Payroll,Invoices,Accounting,sales.
.Well trained,and very motivated employees
.Not having an item that is highly request by customer,an – more... we are not allowed to carry it. that hurts sales.
.Watching customer become excited about the service we provides
for them,and exceeding the budgets that we set out for the day. – less
Good place to work, fun enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 10, 2012
Pros: see different people everyday due to being located in the airport
Cons: the commute is tiresome after a while.
You come in, make sure the store is ready to go, do your best to deliver a great service to the customer and have fun. I learned that people are will to spend when you know your product and are friendly even if they are not. Kindness can improve anyones day. Management is usually good, while I have been through a lot, only had one bad managers. Other – more... left for better pay opprotunities, can not blame them for that. Most of the co-workers were really cool. But much better with energetic people. The over time can be rough at times. The best part was playing with different headphones. I now know shures are one of the best ear buds ever!! – less
Outstanding Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 21, 2012
Pros: awesome work environment
Cons: not enough work hours
Working at Inmotion was the best work experience I ever received.
The Store Manager was a true leader and the company provided a great support system. I built excellent work realtionships with the people I worked directly with and indirectly. The associates had no problem following the lead of the management which prooduce very successful results.
Long days with minimal interaction with associates and customers.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Somewhere, USAApril 27, 2012
Electrical (i.e. headphones, chargers, tablets, etc) for personal use.
Great with up to date technology and gadgets
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta,gaApril 12, 2012
Pros: great pay, loved environment
Cons: short breaks, and the down times
Very fast paced some days and slow on others. I learned alot about electronics and cell phones, the management was great and I got along with the majority of my co-workers. the hardest part of the job was the small kiosk I worked at and how business the airport got at times limited my time with customers. I enjoyed being in the "loop" about the lastest – more... in electronics. – less
Great fast paced retail environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TX - Terminal DApril 7, 2012
Pros: friendly people, opportunity to gain retail experience, and interaction with all types of people.
Cons: limited benefit coverage, no raises or advances in merit, food is expensive in the airport
Grat place to gain experience if you into retail. Schedules are random as retail usually is. Operations hours are from 6am to 9 pm. Hardest part of the job is coordinating your daily life around the often changing schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all different kinds of people from all over the world in a fast paced airport environment.