InMotion Entertainment Employee Reviews

fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2016
It gets really busy but still a good place to work. Some times it can get really dead at the airport but we always keep ourselves busy by cleaning up the store and making sure everything is straightened up.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2016
It's fun to work here because current management is not that great with employees. They also cut hours and don't really take care of their employees. Commission sucks here because you only get 1% of how much you make for the month, and is never guaranteed.
Fun work environment
Assiatant manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2016
Processed an average of 15 transactions each day in a timely manner. Helped customers select products that best fit their personal needs. Oversaw daily operations of 16 store locations. Trained staff to deliver outstanding customer service. Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received. Learned a lot about different products. Management was pretty laid back. Well work environment and got along with each staff member. Hardest part of the job is keeping up with daily inventory control and other operations. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to provide the best customer service and making a customer satisfied.
Pros
Paid Breaks and good benefits
Cons
Budget cuts
Felt like family.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 17, 2015
InMotions is a great place to work. They treat you like family. Working in the airport you meet a lot of great people with diverse culture. The management helps guild you to be the best you can be. The employee are supportive of one another, celebrating all achievements. A great place to work.
Pros
Supportive, great management, steady pay and hours.
Cons
N/A
Loud and busy environment on a daily basis
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2015
A typical day at works involves dealing with customers and helping them decide on what to buy while at the same time gain knowledge about product. Everyday you learn something new because there are always new electronics coming in shipment. Cleaning, stocking, shipment, merchandising, cash handling, and of course customer service were also things that had to be done on a daily. Management in the store itself is awesome but when u get to higher management as in corporate dealings, it becomes a little difficult. My co-workers are team players! We work well together. The hardest part of the job is working a shift by yourself having to juggle all of the duties at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be exposed to all kinds of people, learning new things, and not having to work under pressure.
Pros
rewards for good job performance
Cons
short breaks, standing long periods of time
great pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 4, 2015
Very fun environment, Great pay, Great hours, working at the airport is fun because you get to meet new people everyday. Great commission.
Very Competitive in Sales
Sales Associate; Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jax, FLApril 27, 2015
My experience working for the company wasnt very pleasant at all. I was expected to learn an extensive amount of information on a vast number of electronics in a very short amount of time. It was difficult but I gave it my best shot. I was expected to make a high number of sales even though I wasnt in an "ideal" selling situation (a small airport) and I worked on slow days. I was eventually fired because I used the bathroom for too long.
Pros
Cons
poor management, unrealistic expectations
fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 6, 2015
retail sales, opening and closing the store, cash handling, interacting with customers, working well with co-workers
Pros
nice manager, nice environment
Cons
standing all day, not enough money
great job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 21, 2014
good job atmosphere.
busy days
meet new people
friendly manager
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville FLJune 30, 2014
The job is fun, but the pay and advancement opportunities are very slim.
Fun laid back atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 23, 2014
A typical day includes assisting, selling and educating customers from all over the world.
Disappointing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando International Airport (MCO)May 15, 2014
When I first started at the Orlando Airport, I was excited. We had a great team of people and sold some awesome products. My first week there I sold $499 headphones.

However as time when on, the company sure did change. Instead of having products that were great for the average person on the go, they moved to high end headphones, 20 different sku#'s of midrange headphones from $19.99 - $99 headphones. We had more inexpensive ones but my managers wanted me to put these behind product so they could not bee seen.

The district manager was challenging. The best way to word it would be unprofessional. I was a manager there for over 3 years and was relieved when I was laid off.
Pros
great team, inter store communications, las vegas manager meetings
Cons
no breaks, usually work alone and have to close the entire store just to go to the bathroom.
Very Productive and Fun place to work.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2014
I learned how to deal with irate customers and handle all complaints to customer satisfaction. Promote sales and rentals. Cashier duties and maintain and neat and clean workspace.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working at airport
Great Company
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2014
I didn't have any problems working at InMotion, great company and the good thing about working there that all the stores are located in the airport so you get to meet a lot of new interesting people.
Pros
working in the airport
Cons
n/a
Great Small Company
STORE SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2013
Majority of locations at the airport. You communicate with corporate or other stores via email. Sales goals can be challenging.
Pros
management, latest tech gear
Cons
dealing with all the stuff that comes with working at the airport
Nice and fun people to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 23, 2013
Helping people with question that they have about the devices and products that we sale, making sure customers are happy when they leave the store with there purchase.. Nice place to work but very slow at time and most of the time I work alone and bored.
Pros
good lunch
Cons
no benefits
Everyday Amusement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2013
My day would consist of early morning openings. Preparing the store on a daily basis, making sure everything was in stock and ready for customers to buy. On a normal day I would assist well over 300 customers helping them pick out their electronic needs. My co-workers were a great team of young adults who were very competitive; and that's what made the job fun.
Pros
meeting celebrities on a daily basis
Cons
management wasn't the best
Worked with a Great team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 5, 2013
Although it was a small store, it allowed room to be independent and creative. Was able to rearrange store with new products, was independent when it came to sales and the incentives were great if we achieved a high sale goals. I worked with a great team where everyone helped out one another. What made it much better was that management was great too.
Pros
great team in small store, allowed room to be creative
Cons
only located behind security pt in the airport and pay
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flushing, New YorkApril 18, 2013
Good place to start off, good pay. Nice staff. Benefits are awesome too.
Great place to work depending on who's under management.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2013
Our typical work days were pretty average paced, mainly selling headphones, DVD's, and renting DVD players and movies. I gained experience in cashiering, opening and closing a store, making appropriate money drops at the end of shifts, and how to upsell. The best part of the job is being able to meet and interact with many different people, including celebrities. The hardest part was sometimes meeting the quotas of the company's sales expectations.
Pros
higher pay from minimum wage, good discounts.
Cons
hard to move up, some "not so good" managers, no real part time benefits, hard to move up to full time.