InMotion Hosting Employee Reviews in United States

Quantity over quality
Tier I Advanced Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 19, 2014
Having worked for InMotion, I wouldn't recommend them as an employer OR as a hosting company. Their objective in technical support is not to actually help people, it's to get them off the phone. I ended up getting fired essentially for being too helpful. I just couldn't force myself to stop actually fixing things for people and just point them to the support articles to do it themselves and so my 'production' wasn't high enough. Because that's what counts, not customer satisfaction.
Good Company
Web Design Sales (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2014
The hours vary but over all a good company to work for. They provide great benefits and they also provide fun company outings.
Tries hard, but poor community
Corporate Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 21, 2014
InMotion Hosting is a great place to pick up basic skills however there is absolutely no career possibility.
Pros
free lunch, casual work environment
Cons
compensation
Best employer ever
Help Desk Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2014
Awesome people, easy job. Make outbound calls from a ticket system so unlike most call centers you're not sitting there trying to do admin tasks or follow up on open cases and interrupted by phone calls. You can set your pace and you're expected to solve problems. The motto is monitor results, not actions.
Pros
easy job, excellent people and environment, low pay offset by great environment
Cons
pay is low compared to other jobs. location is pretty inconvenient to most of hampton roads
Productive & Educational Work Experience
Tier 1 Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 15, 2014
InMotion Hosting was my first real IT job, and I am thankful for the experience. They strive to provide the best possible customer service with expertise and professionalism.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
understaffed
Very well run webhosting operation
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Worked hard with a small team to be the front line of support for all issues. Great experience and work. Awesome management, very productive methods.
Fun Place with a Foosball Table
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Everything was pretty good except the training. It was lacking to the point where the turnover was extremely high. Most of us coming out of training felt unprepared.
Excellent place to work...but
Help Desk Technical Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2013
The benefits, culture, dress code, free lunches etc are great. The only issue is you end up having to do way to much multitasking to do a good job and then you get bad QA scores because of it. For example, they have you on the phones and half of the customers are irate and not understanding or foreign and hard to comprehend. You have to get them off the phone in 10 mins or you get bugged by your coworkers but it often takes 10 minutes just to find out who they are and what their problem is. And while you're doing this you have to also chat with someone and work on an email ticket.
OR
You're in chats. You have to chat with at least 3 people at a time who have deeply technical issues and you have to work on 1-2 email tickets an hour while ending each chat in 20 minutes and if you're short handed or phones are busy they may have you drop down to 1 chat and get on the phone too
OR
You're in tickets. Each ticket is deeply technical and when you first start working you don't have access to do half of the work to resolve the tickets. You also have to maintain a chat and possibly answer a call and you can't get higher access without training and passing tests which means you have to go to work early or stay late to do so off the clock.

The other issue is this place stays busy and you will find your lunches and breaks cancelled and you'll be given food to make up for it but you're still busy and don't have time to eat.

On the other hand they have very nice bonuses and the more calls/chats/tickets you handle per hour the more money you get. They give you incentive to stay and do as
  more... much work as possible if you want money and they have an atmosphere made for moving up in the company if you want.  less
Pros
good people, benefits, casual environment, bonuses, free food.
Cons
crazy multitasking, poor training, crazy expectations, short staffing, rude/foreign customers
Nice environment, but not run very well at all. Over all disappointed.
PHP / HTML SEO Developer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day of work would usually require me to start handling phone, online chat and email troubleshooting tickets all at the same time using a Drupal ticket managing system. I then assisted the clients in fixing whatever their specific issue was with their shared-hosting or VPS/Dedicated server. My co-workers were really easy to get a long with, but with an over-whelming understanding of the poor management. The hardest part of the job was being yelled at by a client because someone else at either our datacenter or support office has either mislead or made a mistake that needed to be fixed, and even when it was our problem, we were encouraged to be non-specific about the issue.

After a year of working in this environment, and having clients tell me that I should be working somewhere else since I was the only one who was able to narrow down simple UNIX related server issues and apply the fix, or have someone else in a higher tier of support do it for me if I lacked the permissions. I am ready for my first love, web design / development.
Pros
free lunch on tuesdays.
Cons
poor management, lack of communication between departments.
Move on quickly
Tier 1 (Former Employee) –  Virginia BeachMay 28, 2013
Okay place to work except the pay is pretty low, like below working in a restaurant low. If you need to pick up some basic skills this is a good place for a few months.

Free lunches are available on tuesday but they are barely edible. On the plus side, you can wear what you want within reason, and if you stay way from management most people are cool.
Productive and great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach VAOctober 28, 2012
Very fast paced but relaxed environment. Would recommend this company to individuals in the Virginia Beach area.