InMotion Hosting Employee Reviews

Good opportunities
Tier 2 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 27, 2017
The company provides growth and okay pay. Fast paced and can be stressful at times. Would recommend this company to a friend. Great introductory jobs.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Payscale and Lack of Accountability
January 17, 2018

Thank you for taking some time to provide your feedback. We're very happy to hear that you would recommend working at InMotion Hosting and that you enjoy being a part of our team! Please feel free to stop by, send a message, or email recruitment@inmotionhosting.com to provide additional feedback or to chat about career paths with InMotion Hosting.

Mostly good people. Questionable customer service policies.
Tier1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 3, 2017
The majority of the people at InMotion are good, decent people who are approachable and available. Unfortunately, when it comes to their customer service practices, things aren't so good. They encourage you to be friendly, courteous and helpful to customers...for about five minutes, then you are encouraged to push them off to a ticket in the ticketing system and move on to the next person in the phone/chat queue.
December 5, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback. Our goal is to learn from feedback provided on how we can improve our processes. We are happy to hear that our team members were available for questions, guidance, and support during your time with InMotion Hosting.

We do have customer service level agreements to assure that our customers have their issues resolved in a timely manner. Our customer base is largely composed of small to mid-size business owners that rely on their website for income. It is our goal to assistance every customer that contacts us. We have higher tiers that are available to work larger scale issues. These issues are submitted to our ticket system.

Please feel free to reach out to recruiters@inmotionhosting.com if you would like to discuss further. Thank you again for providing some insight into your experience with InMotion Hosting. We are always looking to improve so we appreciate your time.

Good place to learn
Tier 1 Expert Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 9, 2017
This company will provide you with the proper tools necessary to become familiar with Linux web hosting. It will help to get your foot in the door. Otherwise, the pay is too low to stick around.
Low pay after training
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2017
The pay rate after training is not what I was hoping to make. Most call centers pay more even when there are survey incentives. The incentives do not reach expectations.
Pros
The training
Cons
The pay
September 22, 2017

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We do have a training differential for the first 90 days, as the bonuses offered to our Technical Support Representatives are very substantial. The training differential helps account for the time in training when employees are learning their new role.

Our production based bonuses can range from $75-$600 monthly. In addition, our Technical Support Representatives receive a $10 bonus for every customer compliment they receive. InMotion Hosting also puts $5 into a raffle for each customer compliment earned and associates receive one raffle ticket for each compliment that they receive. Raffle prizes are divided after the first $1000 in prize money. For example, 600 compliments would net 3 checks for $1000 each at the raffle.

On average, our employees make an additional $2.50 an hour in bonuses with our top performers even earning over $40,000 annually including bonuses. Please feel free to email recruiters@inmotionhosting.com if you have any questions or would like to discuss further.

Friendly bosses to work for - Free Friday lunches!
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2017
Things may have changed since I last worked here so this is how it was as of 2010.

Overall there are two bosses and they are very friendly and open to criticism and change. The only reason I left was because I needed better pay. The pay grade just didn't cut it for living in Los Angeles.

The good:
- Free lunch on Fridays (cool but I appreciate a higher salary)
- Upper management leaves you to your work and doesn't micro manage you
- Great people to work with
- Good experience - Lots of web hosting experience and working with small businesses.

The bad:
- No ability work work remote. The two main bosses intentionally made it impossible to work remote
- Pay was sub par
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays
Cons
No option to work remote
Nice place to get your foot in the door
Tier 2 Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 19, 2017
A relaxed culture with no shortage of work that needs to be done. Unfortunately there isn't really a clearly defined path for upward mobility in the systems department.
Pretty Ok Job
Ypsilanti, MI - Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 29, 2017
This is a customer service job and it is pretty hard work. They have a high turn over rate because too many people get hired and can't handle the work. However if you can stick with it through the first couple of months it does get easier. The problem with the company is that they began increasing what they decided we should support without 1) any extra training and 2) actual support from anyone outside of the lower levels with the exception of very extreme situations. This made it very difficult to do your job. The second problem I had was there was a lack of transparency to how your job was reviewed. Sometimes you would get customer complaints and get no real feedback regarding how to fix the issue. Usually it was just something vague like "try harder". Other than those things Inmotion is a company that is pretty good at showing it actually cares for its employees.
great company
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2016
Company offers great learning atmosphere. Regularly offers supplied lunches to workers. Management really care about employees. Co-workers can be rough on new people because they have high expectations. Company claims to be 100% for the customer yet will repremand employees for long contact times.
Pros
free lunches, caring management, good benefits
Cons
company doesn't really seem for the customer
Low Opportunity
D1 Developer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 24, 2015
No room for advancement and the pay is not competitive. The environment and co-workers are great. I would recommend this job for people who are just starting out there careers.
Pros
Environment
Cons
low pay, no advancements
Quantity over quality
Tier I Advanced Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 19, 2014
Having worked for InMotion, I wouldn't recommend them as an employer OR as a hosting company. Their objective in technical support is not to actually help people, it's to get them off the phone. I ended up getting fired essentially for being too helpful. I just couldn't force myself to stop actually fixing things for people and just point them to the support articles to do it themselves and so my 'production' wasn't high enough. Because that's what counts, not customer satisfaction.
Good Company
Web Design Sales (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 3, 2014
The hours vary but over all a good company to work for. They provide great benefits and they also provide fun company outings.
Tries hard, but poor community
Corporate Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 21, 2014
InMotion Hosting is a great place to pick up basic skills however there is absolutely no career possibility.
Pros
Free lunch, casual work environment
Cons
compensation
Best employer ever
Help Desk Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 15, 2014
Awesome people, easy job. Make outbound calls from a ticket system so unlike most call centers you're not sitting there trying to do admin tasks or follow up on open cases and interrupted by phone calls. You can set your pace and you're expected to solve problems. The motto is monitor results, not actions.
Pros
Easy job, excellent people and environment, low pay offset by great environment
Cons
Pay is low compared to other jobs. Location is pretty inconvenient to most of hampton roads
Productive & Educational Work Experience
Tier 1 Advanced Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 15, 2014
InMotion Hosting was my first real IT job, and I am thankful for the experience. They strive to provide the best possible customer service with expertise and professionalism.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Understaffed
Very well run webhosting operation
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 27, 2014
Worked hard with a small team to be the front line of support for all issues. Great experience and work. Awesome management, very productive methods.
Fun Place with a Foosball Table
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 16, 2014
Everything was pretty good except the training. It was lacking to the point where the turnover was extremely high. Most of us coming out of training felt unprepared.
Excellent place to work...but
Help Desk Technical Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 3, 2013
The benefits, culture, dress code, free lunches etc are great. The only issue is you end up having to do way to much multitasking to do a good job and then you get bad QA scores because of it. For example, they have you on the phones and half of the customers are irate and not understanding or foreign and hard to comprehend. You have to get them off the phone in 10 mins or you get bugged by your coworkers but it often takes 10 minutes just to find out who they are and what their problem is. And while you're doing this you have to also chat with someone and work on an email ticket.
OR
You're in chats. You have to chat with at least 3 people at a time who have deeply technical issues and you have to work on 1-2 email tickets an hour while ending each chat in 20 minutes and if you're short handed or phones are busy they may have you drop down to 1 chat and get on the phone too
OR
You're in tickets. Each ticket is deeply technical and when you first start working you don't have access to do half of the work to resolve the tickets. You also have to maintain a chat and possibly answer a call and you can't get higher access without training and passing tests which means you have to go to work early or stay late to do so off the clock.

The other issue is this place stays busy and you will find your lunches and breaks cancelled and you'll be given food to make up for it but you're still busy and don't have time to eat.

On the other hand they have very nice bonuses and the more calls/chats/tickets you handle per hour the more money you get. They give you incentive
  more... to stay and do as much work as possible if you want money and they have an atmosphere made for moving up in the company if you want.  less
Pros
Good people, benefits, casual environment, bonuses, free food.
Cons
Crazy multitasking, poor training, crazy expectations, short staffing, rude/foreign customers
Fun workplace, free lunch tuesdays
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  VASeptember 25, 2013
A fun, fast paced environment to work in. Co workers are friendly for the most part and try to help where they can. Management is mixed.
Pros
Free lunch tuesdays, profit sharing.
Cons
Can be stressful at times.
easy job
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  VAAugust 30, 2013
this company seems more concerned about its employees and atleast attempts to help them if there is a problem. Some of my co workers were excellent to work with and extremely helpful. Others seemed more concerned of themselves than anyone else. the hardest part of this job was being away from my children so much.
Pros
good benefits and good pay
Cons
overly strict policies
Nice environment, but not run very well at all. Over all disappointed.
PHP / HTML SEO Developer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day of work would usually require me to start handling phone, online chat and email troubleshooting tickets all at the same time using a Drupal ticket managing system. I then assisted the clients in fixing whatever their specific issue was with their shared-hosting or VPS/Dedicated server. My co-workers were really easy to get a long with, but with an over-whelming understanding of the poor management. The hardest part of the job was being yelled at by a client because someone else at either our datacenter or support office has either mislead or made a mistake that needed to be fixed, and even when it was our problem, we were encouraged to be non-specific about the issue.

After a year of working in this environment, and having clients tell me that I should be working somewhere else since I was the only one who was able to narrow down simple UNIX related server issues and apply the fix, or have someone else in a higher tier of support do it for me if I lacked the permissions. I am ready for my first love, web design / development.
Pros
free lunch on Tuesdays.
Cons
poor management, lack of communication between departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InMotion Hosting. Our community is ready to answer.

InMotion Hosting Reviews by Location