InnerWorkings

InnerWorkings Employer Reviews

Current Position
Senior Sourcing/Apparel Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2014
Pros: full time
This is my current position and I am looking to teach Zumba part time.
Quality Company with Expansive jobs
Print Production Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: long days and little support
Very intense position that involved dealing with client sites across the country as well as vendors.

Deadline driven with little acceptance of errors.
open Office space with other managers to help if needed
Production Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: variable time
Cons: late night press okays
Self managing on most of the projects. Some of the clients work on a team I have been to enough printing and mailing vendors that I can make the decision on color at a printing press and at inserting machines and lasering printers. Management was very helpful when InnerWorkings was a smaller company. As it grew it became management heavy. Being a open – more... office the co-workers were very friendly and was helpful when needed.

Some of the deadlines on projects were difficult to achieve.
Working with the vendors over the years – less
Overworked & Undervalued
Printing Production Manager (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 7, 2013
My review is based on the team I was working on, not representative of the company as a whole.

The team I was on was grossly mismanaged. There was a mentality of work harder not smarter, even when opportunities to streamline and help the client were presented, it would take days and sometimes weeks to act on it and then it would be too late. There – more... was little time to evaluate the clients needs because there were so many orders to be processed.

I was extremely dissapointed with my experience with this company. – less
account management, cold calling while maintaining current accounts
Account Executive (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: compensation, micromanagement, they are still trying to figure out a system that works for them
while i love my co workers and managers, i feel i am not being utilized to my fullest potential here.
Fun
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2013
Fun environment, good begging job. Very stressful -- but has very good benefits to being relaxed at work.
InnerWorkings has a very good environment to work.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), ChicagoApril 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: expensive healthcare
InnerWorkings has a very good environment to work. They have flexible hours, coworkers are very professional and enjoyable to work with. I had a great experience where I gained new work experience and new software skills.
Great work / life balance
Corporate Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 21, 2013
I was responsible for sourcing, screening and interviewing candidates for our current job openings. Innerworkings has a great company culture and I enjoyed my time there.
Nice folks, but lacking leadership
Employee (Former Employee), anonymousMarch 18, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours, friendly co-workers
Cons: poor leadership, expensive health insurance, job security and career advancement are lacking
The opportunity and work hours are desirable. The company's mission is admirable, however, there is not a reliable and up-to-date technology to fulfill the long-term objectives of the firm. The proprietary software is good at vendor sourcing, but fails to invoice the clients in a timely manner. The technological deficiencies discourage productivity. – more... Poor leadership, an absence of organized training, and a failure to invest in routine and reasonable equipment for employees to be efficient is a big negative. I enjoyed the flexibility, and was happy to comply with the needs of our client and our stakeholders, however, dozens of glaring issues arose due to poor protocol for customer service. The failure of print managers to follow up and resolve these issues on the front end with customers resulted in unnecessary escalations that risked the reputation of the entire staff, and did not bode well for future dealings with the client. These particular issues that arose would make it very hard for me to recommend doing business with the company. As an individual who wishes to take pride in what I do and the products that I service, I cannot be employed by an entity that I cannot stand behind. – less
Productive and fun growing workplace
Global Print Buyer/Outsourcer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 9, 2013
Each day at work was a new challenge. It was great learning each niche market spread across a large network of print vendors. This was especially interesting to deal with since it seemed to have a hand on almost everything seen on a day to day basis. From labels in grocery stores to signs on the streets, it was very exciting and eye opening. The management – more... and supervisors were fun to deal with. All seemed to be very upbeat while still getting the job done right in a timely matter. The hardest part of the job also doubled as a healthy challenge since it constantly exercised your memory in matching up the right vendor/client relationship. This brought the best product out while reducing costs to all the clients needs. Building relationships daily with every interaction was a great personal growing experience as well. Whether it was with vendors or co workers it helped in building a strong communication to benefit all in and outside the workplace. – less
Current Position
Vice President Newspaper Operations (Current Employee), PhoenixJanuary 14, 2013
Implement industry wide ERP Solutions for all printed media with Newspaper Companies in the United States.
Excellent
Print Production Manager (Current Employee), new yorkMay 6, 2012
i enjoyed my one year with them and during recession there were cuts.
Unrealized potential
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2012
Pros: office location, hip environment
Cons: lack of defined business processes, poor information sharing, excluding inside sales department
Plenty of upside but undisciplined execution. Poor internal communication. Some are more interested in glorifying themselves rather than building a company with scalable and repeatable success.
Great people to work with.
Operations Manager/Account Executive (Former Employee), Greenville, WIMarch 9, 2012
Very good place with a group think mentality. A growing company that is creating more opportunity in NA and globally.
Productive and easy gong work place
Print Production Manager / Account Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 12, 2012
Pros: occasional free lunches or breakfasts
Cons: healthcare benefits could be better.
A relaxed office environment, which is available to provide assistance when needed. The company has been steadily growing, as they have added 7 people in the last year alone.
It was a great experience!
Creative Director/Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Williamsville, New YorkJanuary 12, 2012
Today we’ve grown into a creative agency that provides clients with a wide variety of services, though we’re still firmly committed to our passion for cutting-edge print, design and marketing. Everyone in our office is wildly talented, loves what they do, and loves to do it together. We work hard, but we keep it fun.

Our first rule of thumb: no egos. – more... InnerWorkings is a business that is growing, and the future is an exciting place. Bringing top-notch marketing managers to Buffalo from the corporate headquarters located in Chicago to train and educate current in-house staff. – less
rich experience
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Milano, LOMApril 29, 2014
Pros: housing, car
Very great experience in Italy, very different marketing with challenging adaptation.
Monthly target, several clients meetings / week.

About InnerWorkings

InnerWorkings has quickly become one of the largest providers of managed print and promotional solutions in the world, boasting – Read more