InnerWorkings Employee Reviews

Great company culture
National Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2017
Great company culture. Learned a lot about the print and promo business. Only worked there for a little bit of time, but really enjoyed management and the opportunity.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Mostly inside an office, not for me
I met people from different places.I'm personable and enjoy talking to people.Work was often demanding but teamwork is sharing the demands.
Material Handler 1 & 2 (SR) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2017
Good place to work.I worked on a team with lots of encouragement and assistance if needed. What I learned most of all was how to be a team player. I also learned skills that were not a part of my duties and responsibilities. I believe you should learn as much as you can about all areas of your department, especially those area above your pay grade, One never knows when the additional knowledge/skills can be put to use later.
Management was accomodating to special situations, fair and treated it's employees as valuable members of the company. The most enjoyable and surprising aspect of working for this company was the respect you received irregardless of your position; and the comradery among the staff. I don't have any comments on the "hardest part" of the job - the people or the duties. I'm a positive person and I enjoy challenges.
Pros
Flexibility of Management with its employees and the professional atmosphere.
Wonderful Workplace
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 11, 2016
It is a fun place to work, get to learn different things and a very friendly environment within the workers. The work load is enough to distract you throughout the day and the job meets its accomplishments everyday.
They treat you like you are a slave
production manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 6, 2016
Avoid this company at all costs. You would be better off digging ditches for a living. Horrible management, micro-managed to the point where you have to copy your boss on every email, no training, no raises. Horrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Working on an enterprise account (not at headquarters) was managerially weak and without room for advancement.
Senior Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 3, 2016
The InnerWorkings company business model is great for younger employees - freedom to move to other accounts nationally and internationally.
For a global company, the healthcare is very expensive, especially for a family plan.
Enterprise accounts are set-up and custom contracted per client.
productive work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMarch 2, 2016
when I used to do the packing of nail polishes, hair care products
the hardest ppart of that to do the merchandising unloading .I enjoy everything I did in inner working
Pros
halthcare
nice place
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTFebruary 19, 2016
I find working at innerworking as beginning a great place and I enjoy going to this work site as much as possible. Everyday I find the other staff people a pleasure to work with at all times,
Cons
Great place to work and grow
Senior Print Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2015
InnerWorkings is a great place to work, the culture is vibrant and exciting. There are many opportunities to grow within and the tools you are given as an employee to service clients are world class.
Pros
great on and off-site support
Great people to work with and an overall good company
Print Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed the team of people that I worked with and I learned about print production and marketing that can be done for companies. I will take what I learn from my experience here and bring it to the next job that I have.
Did not use print production skill set
Senior Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 22, 2015
The initial position was as an order-taker and complaint department with no production skills needed. The client order system had a few bugs in it but on the less complex orders worked very well.

Want to know more about InnerWorkings?

Ask a question
Fun work environment that values a fair work life balance
Supplier Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed my time at InnerWorkings. The company takes care of their employees and values a fun casual atmosphere which was conducive to a collaborative productive environment.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Healthcare is expensive
Typical large corporate environment
Web-to-Print, Brand and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 31, 2015
High demand structure, highly controlled by business strategy of a publicly held company. All decisions are based on financial matrices.
Overall good company to work for.
Promotional Account Manager /Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTDecember 29, 2014
I work in a fast-paced, highly stressed environment.

The best part of my job is getting orders - the hardest part is meeting deadlines.
Bosses that care about you as a person and want to see you succeed.
Project Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with the clients and suppliers. When you present a successful project or make the project flow smoothly to take work load off of the client, they are usually very appreciative.
stale work environment
Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
The variety of clients keeps the work interesting but management is lacking and employees work as individuals rather than teams.
Fast growing global company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2014
The business model is exceptional. They are true leaders in their area and are willing to take on challenges. The leadership is driven but accessible to all levels within the company.
Current Position
Senior Sourcing/Apparel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2014
This is my current position and I am looking to teach Zumba part time.
Pros
Full Time
Quality Company with Expansive jobs
Print Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2014
Very intense position that involved dealing with client sites across the country as well as vendors.

Deadline driven with little acceptance of errors.
Pros
great experience
Cons
long days and little support
open Office space with other managers to help if needed
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2014
Self managing on most of the projects. Some of the clients work on a team I have been to enough printing and mailing vendors that I can make the decision on color at a printing press and at inserting machines and lasering printers. Management was very helpful when InnerWorkings was a smaller company. As it grew it became management heavy. Being a open office the co-workers were very friendly and was helpful when needed.

Some of the deadlines on projects were difficult to achieve.
Working with the vendors over the years
Pros
variable time
Cons
late night press okays
Overworked & Undervalued
Printing Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 7, 2013
My review is based on the team I was working on, not representative of the company as a whole.

The team I was on was grossly mismanaged. There was a mentality of work harder not smarter, even when opportunities to streamline and help the client were presented, it would take days and sometimes weeks to act on it and then it would be too late. There was little time to evaluate the clients needs because there were so many orders to be processed.

I was extremely dissapointed with my experience with this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InnerWorkings. Our community is ready to answer.