The Lead Software Developer is the company’s top software executive, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, sales integration of Innovation and future growth.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the execution of technology strategy for technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships.
- Build and manage a top-flight technology team and oversee research and development, as well as project management.
- Provide visible leadership for the company within the software community.
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations.
- Act as the liaison for the Innomark Software Implementation teams to all divisions.
- Act as the technical intermediary between software implementation teams/software vendors and the all divisions and understanding the technical needs of all the Pre-Media, Print, Finishing, and Fulfillment Divisions relaying technical needs to the Implementation team and software vendor.
- Proposes/Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying system flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming requirements with Networking Lead.
- Learns – Integrates – Optimizes software that Innomark purchases. Trains personnel and streamlines questions for assessment of our Implementation teams.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Strong understanding of programming theory
- Experience planning, directing and executing complex development projects to successful completion
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to direct and lead a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Three to five years of Project Management experience including requirements gathering, cost analysis and project estimation
- Three to five years of Software Development experience in the following:
o Database including TSQL and Progress
o Web programming
o Data design - ER diagrams, data normalization, etc
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Computer Science
- Management experience preferred
- Consulting background preferred
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard