POSITION TITLE: Pressroom Shift Supervisor DATE: May 15, 2013
SUPERVISOR TITLE: Vice President of Graphic Division
Responsible to lead and control all printing, quality and to meet annual goals on assigned shift. Builds a team concept of the entire shift working together to meet customer goals and quality standards. Oversees Shipping Department.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs the Pressroom and Shipping Departments on his/her shift to assure a quality product that meets all standards set forth by the company and its customers.
- Develops and organizes effective training programs on his/her shift.
- Controls and meets press speeds and make-ready time set forth in the annual budget, but does not sacrifice quality to achieve those goals.
- Gives color approvals and works with customers on jobs for their approval.
- Monitors the quality being ran on a regular basis for color and register.
- Responsible for quality control in Shipping Departments.
- Assists the pressmen on determining the sequence and makes recommendations in matching color on ink matches.
- Assists the pressmen on color and register.
- Assists the pressman in trouble shooting press and printing problems.
- Works with Customer service rep(s) in determining the best way to run a job.
- Ensures that all presses and equipment are maintained in proper and safe running order and notifies Vice President (VP) of all problems and corrective action taken.
- Checks press logbooks on a regular basis.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment for all employees.
- Initiates immediate corrective action on unsafe working conditions and reports them to the VP.
- Completes an OSHA 101 Accident Report on all accidents.
- Makes Material Safety Data Sheets available to all employees.
- Appraise subordinates’ performance against position responsibilities and established goals, plans and standards.
- Maintains roller inventory.
- Responsible for weekly inventory of supplies.
- Performs other duties as required.
PERSONAL POSITION ATTRIBUTES:
Must be a self-motivator and have the ability to make decisions. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be a team participator and be able to interact well with customers and all employees. Must be a goal setter and be open to constructive criticism.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to pass standard Ishihara Colorblindness evaluation.
- Must be able to produce correct color in printing.
- Must be able to read and understand written instructions and be able to carry them out.
- Must have through knowledge of press operations and functions and an understanding of prepress functions.
- Sheet-fed offset experience
- UV experience.
- Min. of 5 years of offset press experience
- Min. of 5 years of managerial experience