In this role, the software developer will be responsible for contributing to a team effort in providing solutions that adequately address the customer’s requirements within the agreed time and budget. The main functions of this role include; coding, unit level testing, architectural reviews/design support, peer code reviews, collaboration with the team stakeholders, and the review and update of work item status’ and estimates.
Duties and responsibilities of a Junior Software Developer are, but not limited to, the following:
- Design and code solutions to support updates and bug fixes to existing legacy systems as well as new product development.
- Collaborate in a team environment and provide support to help the team stay on track with estimates and schedules
- Participate in analyzing requirements and envisioning/implementing solutions based on best available technologies within the constraints of approved technologies, schedule/budget, and value to the customer.
- Participate in troubleshooting with a pro-active approach to solve problems creatively using available resources.
- Contribute to maintaining consistency in terms of planning, estimating, executing, and communicating work and progress within the team.
- Participate in the design and implementation of software components and present solution to the team for review
- Assist in writing unit tests to validate code
- Participate in peer reviews of other team member’s design and code
- Can articulate thoughts clearly (written and oral) and interact professionally with all other employees, and when applicable, project sponsors/stakeholders.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR TRAINING:
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with all team stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active attitude
- Able to demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to act as a self-starter, working proactively to meet or exceed individual and team goals.
- Demonstration of attention to detail and quality in all work performed.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field with 0-2 years of direct experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of direct experience in field
Knowledge of, or basic introduction to:
- Visual Studio, Microsoft .NET Framework, and other Microsoft development technologies. (C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net) or equivalent (i.e. Java)
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
Knowledge of, or basic introduction to:
- AJAX / JQuery
- Mobile development
- Software lifecycle
- Source control
- Agile software methodologies
InnovaSystems offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, along with excellent benefits that include:
- Sponsored medical/dental/vision benefits
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Disability insurance
- Paid vacation/sick time/holidays
- Professional development; assistance with continuing education
- Performance and certification bonuses
- Employee referral program
- Employee wellness programs
- Onsite fitness center (San Diego Headquarters), and more!
About InnovaSystems International
Creating extraordinary solutions through innovative software. Together.
Designed to support the National Security Strategy, InnovaSystems International develops capability-based readiness assessment solutions by optimizing disparate data sources and operational systems to reduce costs, maximize efficiencies and streamline access to critical data. We create dynamic enterprise-wide solutions with an emphasis in agile and iterative development; data management; business intelligence; system architecture; mobile development; and premier customer service.
Voted One Of San Diego’s Best Places To Work
Join a dynamic, technology-centric organization that lets your talent—and your career—thrive. Flexible work scheduling, leadership development, employee recognition and organized fitness programs are just some of the reasons why InnovaSystems was named one of San Diego Business Journal’s Best Places To Work in 2013.
Learn more about InnovaSystems International, and how professional growth, personal contribution and mission relevance converge to form an unparalleled career experience. Contact a recruiter today or visit www.innovasi.com/careers.