Innovative Mattress Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Ok place to work
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Winfield, WVOctober 6, 2014
Over the past year, we have gone to 7 day a week delivery, which has really cut into my time at home with my 4 kids and wife.

Really enjoy my two supervisors and the crew of delivery drivers.

We unload truck of mattresses on a daily basis,as well as load out 5 delivery trucks.

The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of the rules and compensation never changing. Also, the perks we used to receive have gone away as well. One example, is the Christmas party being taken away.

The team i have assembled is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
below retail cost on mattresses
Cons
7 day a week work schedule
Good business that changed over the years
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Winfield, WVSeptember 9, 2012
Spent 10 years growing the company and found much success. However the cultures seemed to change over time. I learned many good management tools. The company began to decline after the outside hiring of upper management members. I managed multiple warehouse locations. I am glad to have been part of their success.
Pros
advancement opportunities, fair wage. was a family friendly company
Cons
changed cultures, reached compensation limit.
Fun place to work but not a friendly place to be a sales person
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 30, 2013
They are nice people but they do not have enough respect for their sales people. People in operations did not understand how their actions effected the sales force and how their role effected things like customer satisfaction. It was very unnerving that the commission program for business kept changing every 6 months each change resulting in making it harder to maintain an income level. Work environment was good, product was of good quality, and delivery system was great and reliable.
Pros
easy product to sell, good work environment
Cons
compensation criteria was constantly changing and demotivational
ok
Innovative Mattress Solutions (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2015
This company has really poor communication.Especially between management and the warehouse/drive teams.
You will work 45 to 50 plus hours a week without receiving overtime.The drive teams receive a commission based pay.You will make pretty good money.It looks good on paper but if you look they will say that they have paid you overtime which is not true.
There can be a lot of drive time that you wont get paid for.
The job itself (delivery) isn't that bad.You have days when you will have a lot of deliveries and will be out for 12 hours if not more.
Challenging yet interesting and informative
Project Connect Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 10, 2015
Worked on two projects with them during my MBA. One was to design a loyalty program, and the other was to create a consolidation plan for their distribution centers. Both projects were difficult and challenging, but everyone there was willing to help and make sure the project was completed without being too overwhelming.
Nice people
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Winfield, WVMay 5, 2014
The people are very nice and helpful, but if you're going in as a graphic design intern it's not likely that you'll stay full time afterwords.
Pros
wonderful people, calm work days
Cons
unlikely to be full time
Takes time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville,KentuckyAugust 20, 2014
I learned alot, not sure what else to say. be good with people.
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
time consuming

Want to know more about Innovative Mattress Solutions?

Ask a question