Innovative Mattress Solutions Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 24, 2017
Worst company ever. I sold mattresses at other establishments before I worked here and this was the least amount of money I ever made. The company keeps all of the manufacture spiffs for themselves and they charge the employees for the customers long term financing! What? You work extremely long hours for very little pay and the management never appreciates the effort of the employees. They shuffle new employees from store to store like cattle. Be prepared to have long commutes and go to a different location everyday. They offer benefits but the pay is so low that you can't afford them. They expect you to live for the company and you will never see you family and friends. Stay away.
Pros
Mostly work alone so you don't have management breathing down your neck
Cons
Too many to list
True sales position.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 1, 2017
Good company but you must be willing to work holidays, nights, and weekends to make good money. Comfortable work environment, good employee benefits.
Pros
Little oversight
Challenging and Fast-Paced Environment
Director of Media & Events (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 29, 2016
A growing company with a visionary CEO. Fast pace and opportunities for continued growth and improvement. Very good people who work hard to win.
It is so nice easy if your field of work is sales yes so interesting and fun..
Sales Property or sales executive (Former Employee) –  Kentucky xelingtonDecember 10, 2016
Im good and productive to my work I enjoy it while doing my job and I love it if making very good money as well.take it easy and be confident..
Pros
Free meal..etc good benifits
Cons
Short break and health care needed
Dead end job with no opportunity
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Heights, OHDecember 8, 2016
It is a decent place to work but ain't going to make a living wage you work 6 days for 40 hours in the warehouse get no respect they are cutting back on overtime and making cuts where ever they can
Pros
Not working there do not apply you will regret it i promise
Cons
Very demanding and not rewarding ok at best
management don;t care
sales (Former Employee) –  lexington kySeptember 24, 2015
this job is good based on customers, if it wasn;t for customer, than it was not be a good job, it does have good income, but I believe that the corporate area does not think about this effecting your family.
Challenging yet interesting and informative
Project Connect Intern (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 10, 2015
Worked on two projects with them during my MBA. One was to design a loyalty program, and the other was to create a consolidation plan for their distribution centers. Both projects were difficult and challenging, but everyone there was willing to help and make sure the project was completed without being too overwhelming.
ok
Innovative Mattress Solutions (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 24, 2015
This company has really poor communication.Especially between management and the warehouse/drive teams.
You will work 45 to 50 plus hours a week without receiving overtime.The drive teams receive a commission based pay.You will make pretty good money.It looks good on paper but if you look they will say that they have paid you overtime which is not true.
There can be a lot of drive time that you wont get paid for.
The job itself (delivery) isn't that bad.You have days when you will have a lot of deliveries and will be out for 12 hours if not more.
Ok place to work
Distribution Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Winfield, WVOctober 6, 2014
Over the past year, we have gone to 7 day a week delivery, which has really cut into my time at home with my 4 kids and wife.

Really enjoy my two supervisors and the crew of delivery drivers.

We unload truck of mattresses on a daily basis,as well as load out 5 delivery trucks.

The hardest part of the job is the constant changing of the rules and compensation never changing. Also, the perks we used to receive have gone away as well. One example, is the Christmas party being taken away.

The team i have assembled is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Below retail cost on mattresses
Cons
7 day a week work schedule
Takes time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville,KentuckyAugust 20, 2014
I learned alot, not sure what else to say. be good with people.
Pros
a lot to learn
Cons
Time consuming
Nice people
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Winfield, WVMay 5, 2014
The people are very nice and helpful, but if you're going in as a graphic design intern it's not likely that you'll stay full time afterwords.
Pros
wonderful people, calm work days
Cons
unlikely to be full time
Fun place to work but not a friendly place to be a sales person
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 30, 2013
They are nice people but they do not have enough respect for their sales people. People in operations did not understand how their actions effected the sales force and how their role effected things like customer satisfaction. It was very unnerving that the commission program for business kept changing every 6 months each change resulting in making it harder to maintain an income level. Work environment was good, product was of good quality, and delivery system was great and reliable.
Pros
easy product to sell, good work environment
Cons
compensation criteria was constantly changing and demotivational
Good business that changed over the years
Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Winfield, WVSeptember 9, 2012
Spent 10 years growing the company and found much success. However the cultures seemed to change over time. I learned many good management tools. The company began to decline after the outside hiring of upper management members. I managed multiple warehouse locations. I am glad to have been part of their success.
Pros
advancement opportunities, fair wage. was a family friendly company
Cons
changed cultures, reached compensation limit.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovative Mattress Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7