INNOVATIVE SENIOR CARE

INNOVATIVE SENIOR CARE Employer Reviews

Great parent company
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: parent company
Cons: management on hh division
Great parent company, but home health division needs a lot of help.
Case Maanger
Case Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 4, 2014
A great place to work as a Case Manager in the Home Health industry.
Nice place to work but at the time poor management
Contracted Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), The Villages, FLJanuary 16, 2014
Good place to work but when I worked here the management was very poor. But, from what I understand they cleaned house and it is much improved. The work environement is top notch. The work is very diverse and keeps it interesting. You can work in home health, independant outpatient and assisted living all in the same day.
Great flexability with clean and friendly communities.
PTA (Current Employee), Salem, OH Alliance, OHJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: work space and equiptment
Over the 4 years I have worked for the company I have enjoyed both communities that I have worked in and the staff in both communities. Worked with geriatrics and some dementia patients. Flexible schedules however lacked some space and equipment.
Home Care Day
RN-CASE MANAGER, (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, CONovember 16, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: long hours
I would spend the morning charting and planning for the day and clients, I would go out and see 5-8 clients a day and come home and chart and make phone calls. I love caring for clients and making their day and health better.
Outstanding staff
Home Health LVN (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 7, 2013
Pros: relaxed atmosphere, paid mileage
Cons: none really to speak of
This company has such an outstanding nursing staff. On a typical day I would see on average on 8-10 patients. I learned about prioritizing my work schedule to make all appointments on time. The office staff was great with scheduling so that all nurses had a similar work schedule, so they did not get overwhelmed.
Typical Day at ISC for a Businees Coordinator
Business Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COJuly 14, 2013
My day always starts at 7:45 with a conference call to catch up on my departments updates. My first task of the day always begins with organizing my department's payroll. Other tasks for the day can include: Scheduling for Hospice associates, complete management of personnel files and client files, human resources responsibilities, running and developing – more... new reports, accounts payable, facilitating IDT meetings, inputting and updating client information into HCHB, ordering medical and technical supplies. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and assisting my co-workers to enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. – less
Time There
Business Office Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2013
It was a very interesting company to work for. The home health care had just started when I worked with them.
Under-handed and duplicitous in job offering
Therapist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, caApril 25, 2013
Pros: i was able to exit before i entered.
Cons: unprofessional
I was offered a part-time position as a therapist specifically for one facility, but after accepting the position, was asked if I would consider "occasionally " working at a separate facility which was a considerable distance from my home. It turned out that they were actually planning to use me at the long-distance location primarily, with essentially – more... non- existent scheduling at the facility location for which the job was posted, and for which I had accepted. After this manipulative experience, I would not consider working for this company under any circumstances. Right out of the gate, it speaks oceans about the culture of the company. – less
Leadership skills are lacking; able to manage business but not lead people
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Seminole, FLApril 12, 2013
Pros: good salary, good client base
Cons: not a friendly workplace; unusual home care model, push to transition to medicare part b.
This company is very focused on business goals and does not support their employees adequately when difficulties arise. Good leaders can be fair to all involved and mediated for a win win.
This is also an unusual home model. Office structure and clinical model is based on the different communities that Brookdale has. They are the largest senior housing – more... provider in USA and they have independent, ALF and skilled care. Residents are encouraged to use the Brookdale facilities to facilitate smooth transition from hospital to home. They also provide outpatient therapy in the home (ALF). They are very well positioned to endure the future. VERY therapy focused business model. Nursing services are secondary; nurses do all Oasis documentation and case manage up to 35 - 40 clients with LPN assist. – less
Poor upper management
Physical therapist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 13, 2013
Lovely residents to work with, but poor upper management and favoritism among staff.
terrible company to work for....run away!
therapist (Former Employee), IllinoisFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: my immediate co-workers...we bonded through necessity to call out wrongdoings
Cons: everything else!
Productivity that is absurdly unreasonable... dangerously small work spaces as I considered calling OSHA a few times...illegal and fraudulent behaviors of upper level management.... concerns of employees fall on deaf ears...I could go on and on...I have to human resources but again deaf ears....pathetic work environment....affects patients poorly....if – more... you value your professional license don't work here! – less

March 1, 2013

Yes, I completely agree with you, the only thing that ever mattered in mgmt was productivity! I was in a middle mgmt position & I also worked with the residents in the various Assisted Living and SNF facilities as a therapist & I was written up constantly for trivial things I couldn't control. I am SO glad to be out of that environment & I strongly advise anyone thinking of working with this company to do some intensive research before signing on. Many therapists are recruited & not informed that they are expected to travel from one facility to another & cover for other therapists in unfamiliar settings. As well, there is no formal orientation to any position, meaning you're left to find help on your own, which is a job in of itself. Do yourself a favor & steer clear if you want to work in an organized, professional environment.

March 27, 2013

Lack of communication in management!!! Very hypocritical! Had therapists running all over the place and changing schedules at the last minute. I understand being flexible but it's ridiculous on a daily basis.

Working with residents with Alz and dementia
COTA/L (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2013
Making a difference in a resident being able to age in place. The hardest part of the job is not having enough time to work as much as needed with each resident.
Excellent work environment and good management
Health Club Wellness Manager (Current Employee), Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 17, 2013
Able to work with several different individuals on a daily basis and get to know them on a very personal level.
Regret!
Intake (Former Employee), san antonio, txAugust 11, 2012
Pros: walking away from the job
Cons: everything
Constant changes every week/horrible place/I'm glad I left when I did.
But please don't take my word for it!
great temp position
Office Support (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2012
though only contracted for office support , was treated like a full time employee; to the point where when contract ended, given a farewell like that of a full time employee .
Good environment.
OUTREACH COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2012
Pros: care here clinic and other health and wellness benefits
Cons: elimination of my position along with 70-80 within the company
Co-workers made a very good team. Explaining home health and therapies to patients and families was very gratifying.