Innovative Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Production excellent Management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 22, 2017
Follow the script and be excited and friendly with every call you make and don't take responses personally! Management is very helpful. Happy environment and positive reviews! Love this job!! It's an excellent cause!!
Pros
Great hours long lunch break making money for children's charities
Cons
No cons
independent work load
Direct Support Person (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMay 10, 2017
must be able to work independently. Passing medications, paper documentation. Being able to uphold HIPPA regulations. The company trains it employees on medication administration.

Working with the clients is a great privilege.

Management is not the greatest. HR didn't protect me when I needed them too due to harassment which then I decided to leave.
May 15, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you enjoyed the privilege of supporting people in their own homes and are sorry that the management style at your location was not a good fit for you. Innovative Services, Inc. strives to provide a work environment free of abuse, discrimination, harassment, violence and other unlawful conduct through training and enforcement of its anti-harassment policy.

stay away
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 3, 2017
terrible place to work...top tier company management doesnt listen, doesnt care, doesnt know what they are doing...if you want a place to work that will make you feel worthless then this is the company for you...
Pros
Cons
everything
May 8, 2017

This review does not appear to be for Innovative Services, Inc. as we do not have any customer service positions. We are a non-profit organization that helps people to live and work as independently as possible in their communities. The majority of our staff are caregivers and direct support professionals committed to making a difference in the lives of those we support. The remainder of our staff are administrative and professional staff who support the work done by our caregivers.

A good place to work/burnout is expected
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 30, 2017
I worked for Innovative for just over 3 years. As a home care agency, I knew and expected the turnover to be high. I worked in times when it was both very difficult due to low staffing and fairly relaxed due to being fully staffed.

I would say my biggest concern is training. The company has a great Learning and Development team that is able to prepare you with leadership skills as well as the skills to do the personal care worker or youth behavioral specialist jobs. Their L and D team is very personable and able to assist with any questions as needed. For the Program Manager position, you are also trained in management and clerical tasks by your District Manager or Regional Administrator. Due to the turnover, the District Manager is usually working in another program which makes it difficult to coordinate meeting for further training. I do not blame the DM for this, as I understand their job responsibilities. I feel I could have been trained better in certain tasks. I was trained by the Regional Administrator, as there was no DM above me at the time, and was mainly trained on payroll and forms.

Due to the turnover, there is always room for advancement or more hours. I consistently worked in other programs to assist my peers and built strong relationships with them. I wish more would have lasted longer, as when you have new managers or no peers in the region, it is difficult to get relief/assistance when needed. I feel burnout is "the kryptonite" of most program managers. When staffing is low, you can't expect much support from above, as they are already working 60-80 hours
  more... a week.

Overall, I enjoyed my time at ISI. I will miss my position, but burnout got the best of me. The only negative concern I have is that I was berated several times for asking for help over the course my last month.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Support system/Low Staffing at times(typical of the industry)

Comment – May 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. The staffing issues are typical of the industry, but we continue to pursue different strategies to improve our recruitment and retention of employees. We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding training and support and will pass it along to those respective teams.

Overall good company that does the best with what they have!
Youth Program Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIApril 20, 2017
I originally started as a Youth Behavior Specialist staff and was promoted to Youth Program Manager after about a year--which is honestly the best thing that could have happened to me. That's one of the best things about this company is that they take a chance on people, as that opportunity opened so many other doors for me!! It's a good place to start your career (or maybe continue).

Honestly, most of these negative reviews seem like they come from people who either haven't worked for a non-profit or in the human services field for very long. There are going to be long days with little pay. There are going to be days that you feel burnt out. There are going to be days where you don't feel like you have enough training for the work you're doing. But all of those moments are washed away when you see the progress that's being made with the Youth and families you're working with!

It's hard and exhausting work, but it's worth it. It's not for everyone, but I guess this is a good test to see if this type of field is for you. :-)
Pros
The kids, work culture is typically fun and positive, Management is receptive to new ideas and will work to implement them, there are some really great upper managers within the organization, Reward staff often
Cons
funds just aren't there to pay people a wage that is decent for the work that they do, Also there just aren't enough staff--which leads to staff working many hours and can cause burnout.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you enjoyed your time with Innovative Services, Inc. and appreciate the services you provided to our clients and employees.

okay place to work for
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kimberly, WIApril 19, 2017
they are not very family oriented, I worked with children who had mental health and autism. You worked one on one with children in a therapy setting. Great experience and learning how the children's mind works when they get an idea.
Pros
got to work with children
Cons
no breaks and long hours
April 21, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We're glad you had a great experience and enjoyed learning from those you supported. Some of our other opportunities working with adults (either in the vocational or residential setting) are more structured and provide the opportunity to work shorter shifts.

Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 25, 2017
i love the job. i just dont get enough hours to pay my bills. the entire staff is full of friendly people but again i have responsibites to care of and children to feed.
Pros
you can eat
Cons
no breaks
March 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We're glad you enjoy your work and your co-workers. If you're interested in picking up additional hours, we encourage you to talk to your manager to see what additional hours might be available. If you're interested in additional hours or possibly transferring to a position with more hours, please contact our HR Generalist Jenny at 920-632-7441. She should be able to help you with your needs, so you can take care of your family and stay at this job you love.

Lack of direction from upper level management.
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIFebruary 15, 2017
While ISI is touted as a "premier employer" for those who want to begin a profession in healthcare, they severely lack any further training or direction from management. Their philosophy and mission statement state one thing and the way they approach things and try to show they are a "grey" company is completely different. They say one thing and do the complete opposite, and blindside their staff. Nothing is ever fair and they don't believe in EEO.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Poor leadership, executive management and HR.
February 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc., which is an organization the provides equal employment opportunities.

Our organization believes strongly in personalized supports that maximize the potential of each individual we're privileged to support. We have a robust training program for our front-line staff and continue to develop additional tools for our management. We're excited to create the opportunity next month to spend 2 days training our managers on topics they selected.

relaxed
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 12, 2017
Great place to start out being a CNA or just a personal care worker. they provide training and it is very efficient. clients and co workers are very friendly.
February 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us.

Good company overall
Personal care Giver (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 11, 2017
Overall this is a good company to work for I just wish they would allow you to work the hours you want to work.
a typical day changes every day.
got to go with the flow for sure.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
getting hit by clients
February 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. You couldn't be more right in saying that you need to go with the flow. Our caregivers constantly need to adapt to whatever our clients need in that moment. Unfortunately the con you listed is something that occurs in this field, depending upon who you're supporting, and we hope the behavior management training we've provided helps to minimize these situations.

Great place to work, love clients.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 28, 2017
Enjoy working for this company, they work hard to make sure employees are well taken care of. Great training classes they really helped to learn what was needed to help understand clients and how to take the best possible care of them.
Pros
Free meals, great staff, love clients.
January 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We appreciate your feedback, and it's great to hear that our Learning & Development program really met your needs. You're absolutely correct that in some of our programs, where we do family-style meals, that staff are welcome and encouraged to eat with our clients. Thanks for your time caring for our clients!

both productive and continuously learning
RSA caregiver (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIDecember 29, 2016
Learned a lot help motivate the mentally challenged to live and do things independently. Activities, daily routines, outside routines, daily chores. Charting, behavioral reports. Administration of medications.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
no communication with workers
January 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you had a positive experience with the organization and further developed your skills while you were making a difference in people's lives. We continue to explore different ways to improve our communication throughout the organization, and we appreciate your feedback.

Exhausting company to work for
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 17, 2016
Management doesn't have compassion when it comes to the needs of their clients. A voiced opinion is regularly ignored by management especially in regards to clients' well being.
December 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. The purpose of our organization is to provide people with opportunities to self-direct their services, whether those supports are residential or vocational. In addition to our routine methods of ensuring satisfaction, we survey clients in our Community Supported Living and Vocational programs, typically annually, for their feedback. We also do annual surveys with our funders to ensure satisfaction from case workers, who are an integral part of the care team.

Great company
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIDecember 6, 2016
The company itself is great the upper management not so much they choose favorites and ignore valid reports or complaints the clients are amazing CEO is great hiring is done by preference of personal friendship etc
December 9, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We're glad you enjoyed your experience serving our clients and helping them reach new possibilities. We do have several avenues for employees to bring forward concerns if they do not feel their supervisor has satisfactorily addressed them, such as our Quality Assurance Department or HR Department.

Great place to work. Company goes out of their way to make sure you feel appreciated!!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIDecember 1, 2016
Wonderful support system. The company has Caregiver appreciation each year to honor their Caregivers. Great opportunities for advancement. You experience the joy of helping clients become more independent and successful.
Pros
Awesome Paid Leave 128hrs if fulltinme after 90 days!!
Cons
need more staff
December 2, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. It's apparent you embrace our core value of helping others. We're glad to know you have the support you need and that your hard work is appreciated!

Poor Training and staff Retention
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIOctober 11, 2016
Lack of any training program and direction from supervisors make Innovative a tough place to work. Putting in long hours goes unnoticed by management and a dire lack of appreciation from upper management. Company experiences a lot of turnover due to staff at all levels being under trained and no recognition of any type of work life balance. While the pitch is good and intentions to help people in need are commendable staff at all levels of the organization are unorganized and create a difficult work culture to thrive in.
Pros
Helping those in need
Cons
Unorganized Management, poor internal process, inadequate training, high turnover
October 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc.

Innovative Services, Inc. provides a combination of online and in-person training for its front-line staff and managers. Although some classes are required, employees have the ability to choose additional training relevant to their position. We are now in our third year of the LEAD (Learn. Evolve. Adapt. Develop.) program to give front-line staff the opportunity to better understand and prepare for the program manager role. We continue to develop additional training and are expanding our Learning & Development team. We recognize much of the training offered internally is not geared toward higher management positions, such as the District Manager. We continue to expand training opportunities for that group, but we also encourage those employees to participate in relevant external training.

We strive to provide feedback, including positive recognition, on a regular basis in addition to our annual Caregiver Appreciation events and company-wide recognition awards. We are in the process of conducting our annual employee engagement survey and will make adjustments to our programs based on information shared by our employees.

Good Benefits, need to pay more
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 22, 2016
Work life and home life balance are hard, especially for the program managers. They expect you to live with a phone in your ear 24/7. Most managers don't last because they are not use to the culture of "work is life" and are not dumb enough to stay on board. District Manager support is lacking, getting them to help with open shifts is like pulling teeth. RA's don't care, they are so far removed from what ISI does, they look mostly at bottom line instead of client care. (as long as they don't have to work floor hours, which they don't!)
The direct care pay is for specialty programs is poor. Training is bad as well, orientation and classes have gotten so short and cover less and less as time goes on. Managers are expected to pick up the slack amongst all their other duties. Managers don't have time to properly train employees because they are to busy working floor hours and covering open shifts.
Direct care staff get to take vacation with no worries about covering their shifts (that falls on the manager which is to be expected) But when a manager wants vacation, direct care coverage comes first and managers are responsible to find their own replacements.
If you don't find your coverage you will get into trouble because there isn't support from districts.
Pros
401K, bonuses
Cons
Their job expectations
August 25, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. and thank you for the critical role you hold in making a difference in people's lives. We understand the Program Manager role is one of the most challenging roles in the company.

It sounds as though some of our systems that are designed to give managers a break from on-call responsibilities and the administration of vacation may not be functioning as intended. We have shared your feedback regarding these systems and hope this will resolve the issues you've encountered. We do encourage you to bring any specific concerns to Human Resources or Quality Assurance if you feel you need additional support with an issue.

We recently hired a Director of Learning & Development and have shared your feedback regarding training with that person. We hope this person will be able to further develop our training and development programs and hopefully address the concerns you have regarding training. We continue to revise and add to our training programs, both through the online format as well as in-person classes and education days.

Thank you for the work you do to make life better for those we support.

Overall not a good experience
PCW (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 18, 2016
I worked for Innovative for 4 years in Stevens Point. From my very 1st day on the job I could see it was nothing like what was described to me during my interview. I had four different managers in 4 years. The upper management were all interested in power and control versus the welfare of clients and staff. The main concern of the program managers was to cover their butts.

THE MAIN INTEREST OF THIS COMPANY IS BILLING CLIENT HOURS. THE MORE THE MERRIER.

I feel strongly that although we helped clients on some level by and large we did nothing to seriously improve their lives. There were a few clients I enjoyed working with and I new they appreciated my efforts on their behalf.

The staff I worked with was mostly selfish and lazy with a few exceptions. The backstabbing is constant. The complaining never stopped. The turnover rate is unbelievable and continuous.

I stayed with the company because the job fit in schedule wise with another job I have.

I would not work for this company again under any circumstances.
Pros
Working one on one with clients
Cons
management dishonesty
August 25, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Innovative Services, Inc. We recognize turnover in this industry is higher than some other industries, so we have been working on company-wide and regional initiatives throughout this year to improve our employee satisfaction. We will evaluate the success of our initiatives through our annual anonymous employee feedback surveys in the upcoming months, and we'll review and adjust to continue to try to be the best employer we can.

We are quite proud of the accomplishments many of our clients have achieved and recognize the supports our staff provide enable them to live the most independent and least restrictive lifestyles that they choose.

Horrible Experience
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Weyauwega, WIAugust 16, 2016
Manager was stressed out all the time, and had workers do her job, which didn't get done. Most of the Co-workers were great!
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor management
August 25, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Innovative Services, Inc. It's unfortunate you did not feel you received the support you needed from your manager. We strongly encourage employees to bring any concerns to their District Manager, Regional Administrator, Human Resources or Quality Assurance, so that we can resolve them to the best of our ability.

Don't do it
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 2, 2016
I was so excited to start working for the company thinking I would make a difference for youth in the community. I have never been so wrong. No matter what you do for the youth it will never be good enough. The parents can be rude and condescending yet even after talking to the manager they do nothing and give you no advice. Instead you are criticized and told that what you are doing is wrong even when you try so hard. Not only that the youth can call you names and are abusive towards staff. Also the stress gets to you and negatively affects your life. You apparently are not supposed to have a personal life outside of this job at least that's what my manager implied. Management plays favorites and just because I was honest I was not a favorite. This is the first time I never gave a 2 week notice at a job. I am so happy I quit.
Pros
Good mileage reimbursement
Cons
Horrible environment, bad management, bad higher ups
August 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Innovative Services, Inc. The role of a Youth Behavior Specialist does have the ability to make a tremendous difference for youth in the community. It also involves working with youth with varying diagnoses including challenging physical behaviors. It's unfortunate you did not feel you received the support you needed to be successful in this role, and we will share your feedback with this specific program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Innovative Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7