Innovative Services, Inc.

Innovative Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great clients...company not so great
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee), Kimberly, WIMay 6, 2015
Pros: Seeing client improvement is very rewarding.
Cons: Management is poor, pay is low, and hours are unpredictable
Youth Behavioral Specialists work with mentally disabled and high-risk behavioral clients ages 5-25 on a variety of goals. A typical day might include picking the client up from home or school (in your own vehicle) and transporting them back to the office in Kimberly, WI. Once at the office you are responsible for working with your client on their goals such as daily living, anger management, emotional regulation, coping skills, independence, safety in the community, etc. Clients are then transported home at the end of the contact. You must write clinical case notes based on each contact.

There are many activities to do at the office such as sensory activities, puzzles, games, basketball, a gym, backyard area, Ping-Pong, cooking, art projects, reading, etc. Clients may also be taken out into the community. Innovative will pay for community activities that cost money as long as there is sufficient funds to do so.

Employees are responsible for picking up one on-call 24 hour crisis shift per month and working every other weekend. Hours vary from day-to-day and week-to-week. Generally our clients need services between 7 AM and 7 PM. Pay starts around $10.75 an hour. Mileage is paid on a bi-weekly basis and we get $.38 to the mile.

I stay for the clients, however, this is not an ideal company to work for. Management does not seem to care about the employees that are actually working with the clients. I have never worked for a company in which management does not support their employees or where I have felt uncomfortable asking for help. Apparently the CEO is amazing and helpful, but to actually get ahold of him to share issues is impossible. Even after numerous requests for changes by staff nothing has been done. My advice is if you can get a job with a company in which management works with their employees, do it!

May 20, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoy working with our clients. You provided a clear description of key responsibilities of your role as a Youth Behavior Specialist. If you have issues that you're unable to resolve through your manager, we would encourage you to reach out to your district manager or regional manager.

Fun Workplace
Youth Behavioral Counselor (Current Employee), Kimberly, WIApril 22, 2015
Innovative Services is a fun place. Clean environment, wonderful staff as well as wonderful clients. Very organized and put together well.

May 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoy our wonderful clients!

An okay place to start out at.
Professional Care Worker (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIApril 22, 2015
Working in Wausau was difficult. We had thirty clients and we were way understaffed. Corporate just kept adding on new clients and not hiring more people. The turn over was extremely high. The coworkers complained about other coworkers making it a stressful environment to work in.
I transferred to the Stevens Point location as soon as I was able. Stevens Point was good. Not as many clients so it was less stressful and the coworkers were very nice.

May 4, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you were able to transfer to a program that was a better fit for you.

Fun exciting work place
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee), Kimberly, WIMarch 25, 2015
It was a great experience, the kids, the staff, summer days walking to the ymca or riding bikes the beach with the children.

April 8, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience. We are excitedly gearing up for the summer program again this year.

Fast pace working environment
Residential Program Manager (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIMarch 18, 2015
Providing 24/7 service to consumers , vendors and employees in a very fast pace, medical related home health care field. Responsibilities to fulfill and satisfy clients needs of cares, support, services and ADL on a daily basis and on the other hand responsibilities for employees success, continuing education, compliance with company policy and procedures, professional conduct and behavior.
Responsibilities for book keeping of various time sensitive documents, accounting services, administrative and human resource responsibilities, active involvement in company hiring process and administrative duties.
Reporting directly to Brown County, Outagamie County Case Management Personal, HealthCare providers and professionals, State representatives.
CPI trainer for the company.

April 8, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your experience with our company.

Working for ISI was wonderful because I get to meet with diverse individuals that wants to work even though they are disabled.
Community Employment Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: isi is right in the center location of everything..
Cons: not enough training at the beginning...
I enjoyed working for ISI. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the consumers and work with them on developing job plans.

March 11, 2015

Good experience.
Personal Care Worker (Current Employee), Wisconsin Rapids, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Flexible schedule and nice people to work with. Working in an apartment program providing home health care. Training is professional. Company has other areas they work in caring for aging and disabled individuals.

March 11, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoy your experience working with us.

Poor management= high turnover
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: mission statement
Cons: mission statment not followed, poor pay and unhappy work environment
The company as a whole- needs to get it's priorities straight.

In my position, I saw numerous aspects of the company from the on-boarding process to the work environment. The main downsides were the lack of pay that innovative was willing to give to the hard working employees and the high turnover rate.

With the work that is expected of direct care staff; dressing, grooming, transferring, bathing, meds, documentation, errands, etc. This company is not willing to pay you for it. Most direct care professionals start out at $9.00/hr- at that's for the hard stuff- youth staff that get to hang out and play with kids, they are paid over $11.00/hr. Why the huge gap, with it given to the wrong staff? They should definitely reevaluate where their dollars are going...

EX. I know of a 3-4 day/night "management re-treat" that thousands of dollars were paid out for staff to be away from their offices/families. (It was a pretty title for staff to get loaded and party all night with other managerial staff from the other areas.) Everyone (50+ staff) were put up in nice cabins along a lake, all meals were paid for, mileage was reimbursed, all booze was paid for and corporate money/time was even spent on decorations for a party to attend at the end. They even sent all of those staff home with a fancy sweatsuit (innovative pants & sweatshirt) retailing at least $70 a set. Multiply all that money wasted (for the staff that can afford to purchase their own, because they are paid decent money), they could have afforded to give all of the direct care staff a little raise.

Also, working in the – more... local office with the regional administer and other managers, I witnessed alot of "high-school" behaviors. I could not believe the cattiness and how much the professional team talked badly about their staff and other managers that they appointed to the positions they held. There was alot of negative re-enforcements and poor language used consistently.

The turnover rate for innovative-la crosse- is sky high! in a typical 4 person orientation group, only 1 staff would make it past the 6 month mark of employment (and that is on the conservative end). It was often said that employee's had no idea what exactly the job was going to entail and how many "CNA-like-tasks" they would be required to complete on a daily basis. Innovative also does not complete any type of reference check with previous employers...or the listed personal/professional reference. Checks like this would really alleviate some of the poor employees that they are bringing in. Alot of the hiring that was done, was just to get a body in. Reasoning behind that is, they would continue to take clients on, even if there was no staff available. They would just continue to over-work and under pay employees. Making it too difficult on new staff and too much for old staff.

The company's mission is a great idea- but it isn't the bottom dollar for this company...the dollar is. – less

February 11, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback, although we regret that you have an inaccurate impression of multiple-day meeting that serves as a cornerstone for strategic planning, work initiatives and teambuilding. We are pleased to share that Innovative Services, Inc. adjusted the starting wages for our Direct Support Professionals in January 2015 after careful financial consideration. This is one of several initiatives implemented this year following our 2014 employee satisfaction survey.

A very intresting job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Owings Mill MDJanuary 4, 2015
Provide administrative support for various departments/divisions such as answering telephones, assisting visitors and resolving a range of administrative inquiries. Operate desktop computer to compose and edit correspondence and memorandum from dictation, verbal direction and from knowledge of policies of established departments/divisions; prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit and distribute agendas and minutes of numerous meetings. Had good a relationship with other coworkers and everyone who came in and out the office. I've learnt to be more productive in an environment that is very fast pace. The job had its pros and cons; I learnt something new everyday, but unfortunately the job location was not easily accessible to public transportation back then.

January 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you enjoyed your experience.

Rewarding yet stressful!
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee), Weston, WIDecember 19, 2014
Pros: great learning experiences, decent benefits, an overall company that cares
Cons: no assigned breaks/meal time, low pay, poor management beyond district manager
I absolutely LOVED my job, yeah it was rough at times but still enjoyed it. Great co-workers, excellent program manager!! Outside of the program manager, management was a bit sketchy!! I would LOVE to go back!!

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad to hear you loved your job and learned a lot during your time with us.

Caring Organization Committed to Creating Possibilities
Administrative Staff (Current Employee), Corporate OfficeDecember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent mission, great co-workers, wonderful clients
Cons: stressful moments at times, but that happens in any job
Innovative Services has a wonderful company culture with an amazing mission. The organization is truly dedicated to making peoples' lives better. Every employee, including administrative roles, has the opportunity to make a difference in peoples' lives every day.

The company is very integrated in the community and provides many opportunities to serve others. Especially around the holidays, there are many different ways employees can give back in their communities.

I've been working here nearly 10 years in several different roles. I cannot imagine leaving because I truly enjoy the people with whom I work, the contributions I'm able to make and the mission we all strive to accomplish.

No company is perfect, but Innovative Services conducts regular employee, client and customer satisfaction surveys and uses that information to develop initiatives to continually improve.

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services, Inc. We are glad you see the potential of your actions to have a positive impact on a daily basis!

Seems good but isn't
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WINovember 24, 2014
Pros: free time, getting to help clients
Cons: very poor management, insufficient training
When I started at this company, I was very excited to help people and get to know them as well. During the interview process and orientation they make it seem like you will be doing a ton of one on one work and will mostly be working with people who have behavioral and/or mental disabilities. However, this is not the case! Although you will be doing some work with these types of people, you will be expected to do quite a lot with personal cares (cares similar to CNA
work).

So that wasn't a big deal for me, however it may be for some people. I had very little on the job training (less than a week) and trained with coworkers rather than the manager. Because of this, I was taught several contradicting things with each client.

The biggest problem I have with this company was the fact that whenever I worked with a male co-worker I would have to do everything that was more difficult and demanding with the clients. The personal cares (bathing, changing, hoyering, etc) are the most demanding of the job. Many of the clients do not feel comfortable with male employees helping them with things like this which is very understandable but it puts a lot of stress on one person if the other coworker is male. (There were only two people scheduled in the pm typically). This also prevented me from getting to know more than 10 or 12 clients (they had upwards of 35 when I worked there), since I ALWAYS worked with a male coworker. I will add that the coworker I am talking about also bossed me around even though he started after me and had no experience with being a care provider, and the management – more... could care less about his behavior.

The worst thing about working here that made me quit was the management. There is a new manager (she should still be there but I am not sure) who actually came to the Point program from the Plover program. She expected me to be a middle-man when it came to delivering information to the clients which stressed out the clients as well as myself. She also does not understand the handbook's policy on attendance and vacation days versus just asking for a day off. She was never around and every time I tried to call her she said "just text me"....Try texting someone about a huge important issue rather than just calling and telling them! She also rarely ever answers her phone if you do decide to call anyway.

I feel sorry for a majority of the clients just because they are not getting the care they deserve. Don't get me wrong, there are a select few employees who are awesome and actually care about the client and treat them as people rather than objects or a job, but the majority of employees are not like that. I've had many of the clients I took care of talk to me about this issue and tell me that I am one of the only employees who took the time to understand them rather than just come in a boss them around. – less

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We appreciate your feedback, and we are currently reviewing our recent employee engagement survey to develop action items to correspond to our employees' feedback.

Horrible place for employment
direct support professional (Former Employee), La Crosse, WIOctober 14, 2014
Pros: you get plenty of unwanted overtime
Cons: no breaks, management doesn't care about you, you run until you drop, to many cons to list.
I would not recommend to anyone to work for this company. Starting out it was a great place to work for, until they started adding way too many clients. They expected me to stay for double shifts and then be on call for the 6 hours I had off to go home and sleep with not even a simple thank you. They expect you to do 15 hours of work in 8 hours plus doing all of your charting and running errands for your supervisors. You get called in on your one day off so your manager can go have a lunch break, while you on the other hand do not get a time scheduled for lunch and have to go hungry all day. All the management cares about is $. They could care less about their clients and what happens to them. When you make suggestions on how to make things better they brush it off and look down on you for even suggesting it. The turn over rate is so high! I couldn't even keep up with the people I worked with because they didn't stay long enough to get to know them.

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We are glad you enjoyed your experience initially and are working to make improvements. We recently conducted our employee engagement survey and are now working to develop action items to correspond to our employees' feedback.

Working for Innovative
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 1, 2014
Pros: eat meals with client's and personal bond with client's as well
Cons: steady reliable staff and managment
A day working for Innovative was very smooth. The day went by quick unless one of the clients were having a behavioral issue going on. I learned that everyone is the same no matter what, and deserves to be treated with respect. Management was very shaky during my time with the company and to me was the hardest part about working for Innovative. At the same time I loved working with my elder's and It will definitely be a part of my life that I will never forget.

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We are glad you loved the opportunity to make a difference in peoples' lives. We recently conducted our employee engagement survey and are now working to develop action items to correspond to our employees' feedback.

Great Cause But Terribly Organized
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee), Appleton, WISeptember 28, 2014
Pros: doing good for the community.
Cons: short and random hours, disorganized management.
I want to be upfront about this: the people at Innovative really do care about what they're doing. I cannot fault a single person that I met there for their intentions. Intentions only get you so far, however.

Their training was the next best thing to laughable. A week of instruction in client-centered techniques and error-ridden first aid instruction isn't nearly enough to turn the average person into an acceptable line therapist. The three days of shadowing weren't of much help in really learning what the clients needed either, particularly if you end up shadowing with clients that you never work with again. The management says that you can take as much time as you need pouring over client files, but starts getting snarky if you take more time than they've allotted you (which was ~20min per client, in case you're wondering). Oh, and the majority of their record keeping is still written out by hand. Only state-mandated records are in electronic form. They're a bit behind the times for such a new organization. I understand their inability to pay well for the work being done...there isn't a whole lot of money in trying to make the world a better place...but three to five hours a day with fairly random scheduling that only comes out a week in advance isn't going to do much for anyone's pocketbook. Or for their ability to hold down another part-time job, for that matter.

That's not to say that the job doesn't have its perks.The coworkers are a great group of people (assuming that any of the same people are still there, as the turnover rate is pretty awful). The clients can be a blast to work with, even the most challenging of them. Overall my experience with Innovative was pretty wretched, they are the most disorganized group I've ever worked for, but I can guarantee that I'll remember the clients forever.

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with your co-workers and our clients. We recently conducted our employee engagement survey and are now working to develop action items to correspond to our employees' feedback.

Great Company Overall
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee), Green Bay, WISeptember 3, 2014
Very flexible schedules and casual dress. Very home like work place and it dont seem like you are at work!

December 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Innovative Services. We are glad you enjoy your job!

nothing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), New London, WIAugust 7, 2014
Cleaning, going on outings, meal prep, cleaning, showering, and dealing with behaviors.
Managment is alright.
The hardest part is dealing with clients with behaviors.
Fun workplace
CNA (Former Employee), Wausau, WIJuly 22, 2014
Great job, co workers and the clients are wonderful. The fact that you are making a difference is someones life daily makes it even nicer.
No Day the Same!
Youth Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee), Appleton, WIMay 22, 2014
Pros: knowing i am helping youth, forming a relationship, supporting them.
Cons: only have four days off a month and not being provided breaks throughout a shift.
The most enjoyable part of working at my current job is that no day is going to be the exact same as the one before. Every day there is something new that occurs that teaches each of us why we are there and why our clients are there as well. The most difficult part of the job is knowing that the clients we work with may have minimal parental involvement and will do anything for attention, including acting out in a negative manner. Over the past five plus years with the company I have learned a great deal of information in regards to mental health, documentation, working as a team, management styles, and the needs that are still out there for youth that are not being met.
IS
Resident Coordinator (Former Employee), PloverMay 8, 2014
I do not want to write a review about this company. The co workers are not friendly but the management is nice.

1 2 3

About Innovative Services, Inc.

Innovative Services has grown throughout the state of Wisconsin, with regional administrative offices in Green Bay, Appleton, – Read more

Innovative Services, Inc. Salaries

Behavioral Specialist
$10.75 per hour

Innovative Services, Inc. Photos

Our updated logo.
Employees and their families enjoyed a free breakfast with Santa.
After breakfast, children (and parents) visited with Santa.