Innovative Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun atmosphere
Appointment Planner (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXMay 20, 2016
A typical day @ work was productive. I learned how to multi-task in a timely manner. I'm a people-person so I had no issues with management. The same thing applies for co-workers. The hardest part of the job was meeting a quota. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I got it done!
Pros
Great pay and free vending machines
Cons
having to meet quota and having to work holidays
Fun workplace with many opportunities to grow
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMarch 31, 2015
Day to day activities are usually out of the office at clients working on SLA activities. Office life is laid back and other employees are fun and helpful. Management and directors are genuine people but stress too much on billing sometimes. Company provides training and a direction to grow within. Hardest part of the job is maintaining and keeping billable time, even if there is no work to be done and you have exhausted all other avenues. Most enjoyable part of the job is the atmosphere, lunch being provided for, and the people to work with.
Pros
lunch provided, company training, easygoing, fun atmosphere
Cons
pressure on billing, not respecting lunch hour
Fast paced, dynamic work environment peopled by quality professionals.
Senior Programmer Analyst/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 20, 2013
I came to Innovative Solutions primarily to service clients for their IBM Midrange (AS400, iSeries, IBMi) applications and software development needs. With each career move I also endeavor to increase my knowledge by expanding into evolving and new technologies. Innovative Solutions afforded me the opportunity to delve into mobile application development (Adobe Flash Builder/ActionScript - single code base deploy able to multiple platforms) and Microsoft ASP.NET/VB.NET & MVC4/C# specific to web design. Can't claim to be an expert in these areas yet but they are supporting my pursuit of certification (MCSP-Web). The work ethic is highly collaborative and the willingness to mentor is exceptional. A typical work day depends on the particular client. In some instances my travels extended across the United States. Others require an onsite presence and yet others afford the ability to work remotely from home. Average work days are between 9-12hrs. Management is keenly aware and ready to provide needed resources in order to meet objectives and I don't know if I can quantify or categorize the hardest/enjoyable aspects of the job. This career of mine represents a passion. Yes, I work hard and I enjoy myself in its pursuit. Because of the supportive attitudes found here its a win-win result for everyone.
Pros
ability to explore new technologies.
Cons
unfortunately client base for ibm mid-range support is diminishing.
Great Employer!
Payroll processing (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2012
The management team is very hard working and treats employees very well. They are suppoorters of work/home balance and allow job sharing. They have a solid benefits program and are generous with paid time off.
Pros
pto, job sharing, great benefits, fair wage, excellent management
Cons
none that i can think of.
cleaning
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 8, 2015
Great work environment nice people flexible work schedule independent working, opportunities to move up in the company.
You didn't have anyone breathing down your neck while you worked.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2012
I would come in around 9a.m. and unlock the office and get set up for the workday. I would perform the tasks that were assigned to me and call my boss if I had any questions or email her. I was the only person in the office most of the time. There was no hardest part of the job. I liked working alone. The most enjoyable part was pre-screening the interviewees.
Pros
down to earth atmosphere and very little supervision.
Cons
the pay was inadequate and no benefits were offered.
productive, professional, team work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  san juan Puerto RicoFebruary 24, 2015
very productive

learn new things

good schedule

team work enviroment

customer service on a daily

Most difficult is to deal with people with attitude

the company does not offer any bennefit
Pros
profesional work
Cons
no benefits
Nestle Purina contractor, great environment.
Lead Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 3, 2015
They are very supportive and knowledgeable in what they do. They are not just my co workers, managers or clients, but also my friends. I supported my clients as an onsite and over the phone through remote control software. I worked with my team mates on projects. The hardest part of the job was not receiving training for future positions in the company with the rest of my co workers as I was a contractor and they don't follow the same procedure for contractors. The most enjoyable part of my job were my clients.
Pros
they try to get you the best wage possible
Cons
no pto or holiday pay.
Tak es special person to do this kind of work
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHJuly 30, 2012
Escorting in security for D.O.E. at the Piketon plant. Very slow, long boring hours. It was very hard to saty awake. Had to watch/monitor uncleared contactors onto a secured plant site while they worked.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours, work strainous
Fun place to work
Security Escort (Former Employee) –  Minford, OHJanuary 14, 2013
The job tasks were to escort all uncleared personnel to areas of the facility that require a certain level of government clearance. Unfortunately after my training was completed, funds were cut and the clearances were terminated.
Pros
good pay, job security
Cons
exposed to weather
Great place to learn and grow
Technician (Current Employee) –  Irmo, SCFebruary 6, 2015
Awesome company Russ is a one of a kind owner and really cares about people. Niki is awesome as well leading the way and works non stop 24 hours a day and they have a tremendous office staff.

The technicians are top notch and care about one another
Pros
enviornment
Cons
slow season more industry driven than company driven
productive
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 27, 2015
It was a fun job made a lot of new friends enjoy working on a team it was a lot of walking the hardest part of the job was working outdoors in all types of weather.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
weather conditions
I don't know
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2015
I worked there in 2009. Cannot remember a whole lot other than I was kept busy and had fun while working there. I learned a bit but mostly just put previously leaned skills to the test with good results.
Pros
Paid internship
Cons
Paid internship
Great company to work for.
Project Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Piketon, OHSeptember 10, 2013
Great company that is highly dedicated to meet your needs. Management is top notch and truly care about their employees.
Cool company
Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRFebruary 5, 2015
Good working environment, excellent bosses and colleagues. It is a consulting company also works for government applications among other projects.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
contracts
I enjoyed being able to work in all areas
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 20, 2012
* A typical day for me was very productive and relaxing
*I learned that sometimes you have to go above and beyond, for ex. doing things or helping out when you're not even asked
* The most amazing and understanding boss that I have ever had
* Co-workers were great
* The hardest thing Learning to work with system that I never heard of
* The most enjoyable thing was having the freedom to reach as far back in my brain and come up with new ideas
The teamwork is like a family.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 9, 2013
This company will assist you on any difficulties that you may have understanding company policy there is not suprises on what they expect from there employees. They provide a common denominator for employees and supervisors to discuss specific performance deficiencies and determine what training may be needed They were very helpful and it made my job less stressful.
Great job love the people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piketon, OHNovember 4, 2014
Great job I have a great boss and people I work with. I get to meet new people and find out what they do.
Pros
people i work with and around.
Cons
it's a 24/7 job.
Pay is good
Insurance Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 25, 2014
Pay is good but you must work m- sat and sun 7days a week here and work holidays
Pros
great pay
Cons
no life
Enjoyable experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth OHJune 3, 2012
I have worked for them on two different occasions and enjoyed it.