Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Great co-worker's, over worked but mainly positive
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Falls Church, VaAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Encouraging atmosphere
Cons: management not always supportive
Co-workers here are great, mangement too concerned with numbers. Overall good vibe. Not always the best training process in place.
Managed the revenue cycle for the hospital
Director of Patient Access and Revenue Management (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Compensation is comparable
Cons: No growth
It is a very political place to work. I enjoyed working in such a diverse environment. Does not encourge growth and the compensation package is good however salary still needs some work.
The best! Love,fun, positive, and a wonderful staff that became family
Unit Secretary, Telemetry Unit (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Organization, Staff, Management
Cons: None
Unit Secretary Telemetry- I can't say enough about INOVA Loudoun Hospital. I hold it near to my heart. I transferred to INOVA Mt. Vernon as it was close to home. Everything about this facility is positive and motivating. the staff was like no other along with the awesome team work and superior management. Patient care and safety was always in place at INOVA.
fun and interesting job environment, always busy
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day would consist of patients coming in and explaining to me what their condition was to get them seen quickly

I learned a lot about medical terms from the patients and nurses,it helped me since Iam in school to be a nurse

I managed my time well with learning how to be quick and learning shortcuts with getting patients back and seen by a doctor as soon as possible

I worked well with all my coworkers, we all worked together as a team to get the job done right in a timely punctual manner.

The hardest part of my job was having a lot of patients come in and determining sometimes who was the sickest to be seen first, because some people would complain of the same problem.

The most enjoyable was being able to help those ones in need even though I wasn't involved in direct patient care I was the stepping stone to getting that person the help they needed and that brought great joy to me.
Very good experience working at this place. The Physical Therapists are innovative with their treatment protocols and everything is systematic.
Volunteer/ Observer (Current Employee), Dulles South, Chantilly, VAAugust 6, 2015
Patients always leave this place with a smile on their face.
The Physical Therapists here include me in observing evaluations and reevaluations which has helped me learn so much more.
fun and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAAugust 4, 2015
great job with great benifits. also the management team is wonderful they will do whatever they can to provide the best work enviorment possible. One of the best jobs i ever had!!!
Great Place to start your career
Registered Nurse- Operating Room (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 27, 2015
If Management were to be little better, it would have been a great place to work. No full support to nursing staff otherwise great experience.
Professional work environment.
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 24, 2015
Professional workplace, nice co-workers that are easy to get along with. Clean work environment. Cafeteria food could be better with a increase of food options and lower prices.
Great place to work!
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: True commorodority
Cons: No starbucks
Inova is a wonderful place to work and if you are interested to learn. Many of the employees there (including the healthcare providers, cleaning staff, cafeteria staff, administrative staff) are all very kind, and eager to help anyway that can.
busy , good place to work
cash specialist IV (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometime even breakfast and some holidays. picnic too in the summertime.
Cons: none
busy day as always. everyday is a learnng process for me although i already had 22 years experience doing this kind of work so far so good. management is okay can't complain. none no hard part of the job being a cash poster this is just base on my own opinion. WORKING AS A TEAM TO ACCOMPLISH THE TASK to be done in daily basis and specially end of the month.
Every Day, A New Crisis
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Fair OaksJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Sometimes you can get $5 lunch cards?
Cons: Culture, stress
Every day there is a new crisis that arises from the short-sighted decisions made by higher ups.

For example: Not enough staff? Call in people for over time work. Oh no! We're paying too much in overtime, we need to cut staff.

Every day is a new exercise in seeing how last week's knee jerking has made the new week miserable.
The exeperience is alright
PFS Cash Specialist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 14, 2015
Need work within department management team. Quick to move on up if you work hard overall good place for someone starting in the healthcare field.
Inova is a great opprotunity expand in the healthcare filled. They are growing more each day with new facilities and hiring new employees.
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 5, 2015
A typical work day in the Emergency Room, is usually like a roller coaster ride. You dont know what to expect or when to expect it. This is one of the reasons why I work here and Love working here. One minute there will be a mother in labor, then a person will be arrived through the ambulance with a stab wound. The hardest part about my job is dealing with the family members. They are very concerned with there loved ones which causes them stress and they may take it out on the employee. Overall working at Inova has been a great experience, and a great opprotunity to grow in the healthcare field.
Love my Patients, Disappointed with Inova
Staff RN (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 30, 2015
I love my patients, but with a busy and high workload, I do not feel supported by administration. It takes forever to advance in your roles, or in leadership activities, and raises are not calculated by Merit - leading to very low nurse satisfaction and low incentives to do more than what your job title requires of you.
Benefits
RN (Former Employee), FaifaxJune 26, 2015
Pros: Good learnng environment
Cons: Not getting enough pay as a staff, they pay a huge amount for float/agency
I left Inova Fairfax after almost 8 yrs of service. A good learning environment. Benefits are not good. No 100 % pay out for PTO hours, tuition assistance for advanced degrees remains the same for more than a few years, a complicated rules to use PTO day off due to a staff shortage, holidays etc...Pays a huge amount for float/agency RNs, but no reward/better pay for staff RNs

I have not received my PTO pay out yet. Confirmed the payment date 2 weeks ago, then nothing is happening. Plus no one knows what's going on.
Depends on your view...
Telecommunication (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 22, 2015
Good Company, lacking in employee caring..... sick leave, absence, healthcare and general leave was limited due to short staffing (ALL THE TIME)
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Falls ChurchJune 17, 2015
Inova is a great place to work and they know how to keep you busy ,however the pay is low and the benefits are high. You are lucky if you get a great manager at inova.
Enjoy
Registration Rep (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: manager
Cons: Nothing
I have enjoyed working for Inova Health Systems for the past 3 years. They are a great company to work for. I have learned a lot about patient care and the importance of accuracy.
Shift work
RN - Float Pool (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Lack of personalization with Pt's.
Inova is a good hospital to work for. It is fast paced, and offers the typical 12 day/night shift work.

Typical day consisted of which department I was to report to, and then take over the care of those pt's. My co-workers were good. Some had more knowledge than others, but it was nice to help out.
Hardest for me was time. You have admit's and D/c's all day, and you really don't have much time to connect with your Pt's.
busy so the day goes fast
Social Worker II (Current Employee), VirginiaJune 7, 2015
Pros: good learning experience and fast days due to busy days
Cons: unprofessional management staff
Have been taken aback by the unfriendliness of staff at the hospital. Just be willing to stand up for yourself. Go in with the mind set that you are there to earn your pay and go home to live your life.
Headquarters