Inova Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Best Co-workers
Fairfax - CCU Tech (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 17, 2016
My co-workers were great to work with, very experienced, and act like a family meeting up outside of work and celebrating life events!

I learned a lot about team work, time management, and critical thinking.

Management changes frequently

The hardest part about the job is dealing with clinical policy changes made by non-clinical employees or departments and having no input.

The most enjoyable parts of my job have been given the opportunity to be part of such a great care team for patients, learning from nurses, PA's, and doctors, being included and seen as part of the team.
Pros
Great facility's, teamwork, job security
Cons
Benefits continually shrinking, management changes
Bonus and Salary Way Behind Industry Standard
Revenue Cycle Analyst - New Business (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 16, 2016
Inova lacks bonus and salary compensation resulting in high turn over in just about every area. The company gives plenty of opportunity for advancement and (most of) management is more than willing to help you find opportunities for advancement if you reach out and ask questions.
Pros
Opportunities for Advancement
Cons
Advancement doesn't necessarily mean raises / bonus
productive
Patient Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 1, 2016
A typical day at work is very busy and staying on top of scheduling meeting with patients. IN house meeting or meetings in the office. Will be answering and returning calls. Following up with patients by making follow up calls. I have learned to do a lot of office responsibilities since i was office manger and assistant. ordered office supplies, ordered hearing aids, Did filling, emailing sending letters, and etc.. co workers are great every office assistant has a own office to handle and are assistant. Meeting all the new patients and connecting.
Pros
lot of fun hospital parties, had cook outs everyone was there to support each other, And there is opportunity for you to grow within the company
Cons
breaks arent long enough but eveeything else is great.
Overall Overview
Clinical Tecnichian 1 (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 13, 2016
Very stressful floor in terms of management and communication with management. A typical day would be clocking in at 6:53 am and clocking out at 7;45pm. I learned a lot in dealing with people with different personalities. Management on this floor was horrific, proof was understaffing and constant turnover. Hardest part of job was maintaining sometimes up to 20 very critical patients with very little help from certain staff. Loved working with patients and giving care. This is what I am looking for in life being able to offer and give postive outlook and good care to people.
Pros
the certifications and education I recived from The Inova Clinical Tech Academy
Cons
Short breaks, if any, short staffed, no one to communicate frustrations .
demanding job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 25, 2016
more work than could be accomplished in 8 hours but overtime was not allowed.
too many "guidelines" with no flexibility
when purchased by the last corporation, new rules were applied that may have fit the hospital part of the corporation, but were too stringent for family medical practices
Pros
free lunches and uniforms
Cons
no real time for breaks
very fast paced and energetic place
Hearing screenerbackup coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 9, 2016
Fast paced
Not very much time to do much
Not ruined with a lot of things and nurses aren't trained right.
Having a lot of risks about patients falling and taking to long to do their job not very disciplined at all and not very helpful with having the patients attended to everything athey need always having other people have to back up the nurses for all the things they do wrong
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
no time for eating, very fast paced
Better than some
Unit Secretary/Birth Registar (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 17, 2016
Inova used to be a great place to work but in reality its just like any other hospital. Its about numbers and patients are not patients, they are customers. Its really sad how much health care is more about documentation and lacking the care of the patient.
Pros
The co-workers were wonderful
Cons
Management wasn't very professional
Great place to work, Comp is horrible
Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 21, 2016
Management provides proper guidance, coworkers are competant, work is appropriate to skill, organization is ever-growing.

Raises are a joke, communication from senior leadership does not trickle down and area traffic is some of the worst in the nation.
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
compensation and bonuses
Great Experiance to improve communication skills.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 22, 2016
Working at Sallys gave me a lot of opportunity to improve my customer service skills in a great way. This also showed me my strengths on helping out customers, and ensuring that they go home with a smile on there face.
Pros
seeing the customers smile at the end of the day.
Cons
short breaks
it is heart warming to work here. everything is perfect.
Cash Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 3, 2016
team work, serene working environment, relax working setting.
open to hear ideas from team work.
I do patient refund and correspondence.
the difficult part is when you cannot get the account number of a patient from either the patient of third party payer.
Pros
free tea/ coffee
Cons
too much liberty for some people.

Want to know more about Inova Health System?

Ask a question
Great company to build your career in the healthcare field.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 5, 2016
Overall great learning experience; definitely the place to go to develop the best clinical skills. Different type of settings to choose from all within the same company allows you to grow and advance your career within the same company.
Great Opportunities
Lab Tech Asst 1 (Current Employee) –  ILHJune 29, 2016
I have had a great experience here so far. The staff is very friendly and always happy to help. they are courteous and always smiling. I am sure that i will be afforded many opportunities as they come available.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not a fulltime position. only PRN, and the pay is not great.
Inova Cardiology
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAJune 20, 2016
I personally enjoy interacting with the patients. I am always willing to learn new things. Taking initiative to make sure tasks are completed and done accurately. In my current role I have taken every opportunity to acquire additional skills and certifications.
Zero Management Support
Cancer registrar (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 17, 2016
I have never work for a more dysfunctional department in my life. This environment does not foster personal or department growth. Employees are not given any feedback on progress or given proper procedures to encourage quality and consistency.
Large health care system that provides a wide variety of clinical experiences.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 2, 2016
Positions held: Registered nurse with experience in - emergency department, education, risk management, employee occupational health, OSHA/VOSH, worker's compensation, ADA, bloodborne pathogens, peri-operative services.
Pros
Ability to return to job post retirement.
Cons
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a positive, supportive environment.
Emergency Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 26, 2016
The people, from the administrators to the front line workers, are excellent, friendly and highly skilled. I highly recommend this company.
Pros
Employee discount at cafeteria
Cons
some offices do not have windows
can't grow
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Inova AlexandriaAugust 1, 2016
Unable to learn anything new due to staff not being rotated within the different areas of the hospital. Poor training. It is sink or swim. Management plays favorites.
Pros
days off from this place
Cons
constant interruption in lunch break
Fun Place to work at
Documentation Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  9900 Main Street Fairfax, VAMarch 24, 2016
I worked for INOVA VNA for 20 years. I learned a lot at this job. I learned to trained clinicians to use laptops and created their educational material. My co-workers were my family, we had been together for so long. The management trusted my style of teaching and I had a great respect for them.
bad place to be
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 27, 2016
basically they want you to get the job done 9 to 11:30 u choose your 15min break 12 to 1 that's your break. Hardest of the job is that the work will stress you out bad
Pros
you have two breaks
Cons
they want everything done and really strict
Great company for new job seekers to professionals
Financial Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 8, 2016
Inova has been the best company I have worked for. It provided me with plenty of training and support from management when I first started, as well as when I was promoted. Overall, management is caring and very proficient. I have never encountered a time when came to my supervisor with a problem and wasn't helped. May I mention the great health and dental benefits! Great! And you also get paid time off and short and long term disability are provided. I have had a great experience with Inova. Everyone at Inova is like one big family!