Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Great Place to start your career
Registered Nurse- Operating Room (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 27, 2015
If Management were to be little better, it would have been a great place to work. No full support to nursing staff otherwise great experience.
Professional work environment.
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJuly 24, 2015
Professional workplace, nice co-workers that are easy to get along with. Clean work environment. Cafeteria food could be better with a increase of food options and lower prices.
Great place to work!
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: True commorodority
Cons: No starbucks
Inova is a wonderful place to work and if you are interested to learn. Many of the employees there (including the healthcare providers, cleaning staff, cafeteria staff, administrative staff) are all very kind, and eager to help anyway that can.
busy , good place to work
cash specialist IV (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometime even breakfast and some holidays. picnic too in the summertime.
Cons: none
busy day as always. everyday is a learnng process for me although i already had 22 years experience doing this kind of work so far so good. management is okay can't complain. none no hard part of the job being a cash poster this is just base on my own opinion. WORKING AS A TEAM TO ACCOMPLISH THE TASK to be done in daily basis and specially end of the month.
Every Day, A New Crisis
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee), Fair OaksJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Sometimes you can get $5 lunch cards?
Cons: Culture, stress
Every day there is a new crisis that arises from the short-sighted decisions made by higher ups.

For example: Not enough staff? Call in people for over time work. Oh no! We're paying too much in overtime, we need to cut staff.

Every day is a new exercise in seeing how last week's knee jerking has made the new week miserable.
The exeperience is alright
PFS Cash Specialist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJuly 14, 2015
Need work within department management team. Quick to move on up if you work hard overall good place for someone starting in the healthcare field.
Inova is a great opprotunity expand in the healthcare filled. They are growing more each day with new facilities and hiring new employees.
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJuly 5, 2015
A typical work day in the Emergency Room, is usually like a roller coaster ride. You dont know what to expect or when to expect it. This is one of the reasons why I work here and Love working here. One minute there will be a mother in labor, then a person will be arrived through the ambulance with a stab wound. The hardest part about my job is dealing with the family members. They are very concerned with there loved ones which causes them stress and they may take it out on the employee. Overall working at Inova has been a great experience, and a great opprotunity to grow in the healthcare field.
Love my Patients, Disappointed with Inova
Staff RN (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 30, 2015
I love my patients, but with a busy and high workload, I do not feel supported by administration. It takes forever to advance in your roles, or in leadership activities, and raises are not calculated by Merit - leading to very low nurse satisfaction and low incentives to do more than what your job title requires of you.
Benefits
RN (Former Employee), FaifaxJune 26, 2015
Pros: Good learnng environment
Cons: Not getting enough pay as a staff, they pay a huge amount for float/agency
I left Inova Fairfax after almost 8 yrs of service. A good learning environment. Benefits are not good. No 100 % pay out for PTO hours, tuition assistance for advanced degrees remains the same for more than a few years, a complicated rules to use PTO day off due to a staff shortage, holidays etc...Pays a huge amount for float/agency RNs, but no reward/better pay for staff RNs

I have not received my PTO pay out yet. Confirmed the payment date 2 weeks ago, then nothing is happening. Plus no one knows what's going on.
Depends on your view...
Telecommunication (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 22, 2015
Good Company, lacking in employee caring..... sick leave, absence, healthcare and general leave was limited due to short staffing (ALL THE TIME)
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee), Falls ChurchJune 17, 2015
Inova is a great place to work and they know how to keep you busy ,however the pay is low and the benefits are high. You are lucky if you get a great manager at inova.
Enjoy
Registration Rep (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJune 15, 2015
Pros: manager
Cons: Nothing
I have enjoyed working for Inova Health Systems for the past 3 years. They are a great company to work for. I have learned a lot about patient care and the importance of accuracy.
Shift work
RN - Float Pool (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJune 11, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Lack of personalization with Pt's.
Inova is a good hospital to work for. It is fast paced, and offers the typical 12 day/night shift work.

Typical day consisted of which department I was to report to, and then take over the care of those pt's. My co-workers were good. Some had more knowledge than others, but it was nice to help out.
Hardest for me was time. You have admit's and D/c's all day, and you really don't have much time to connect with your Pt's.
busy so the day goes fast
Social Worker II (Current Employee), VirginiaJune 7, 2015
Pros: good learning experience and fast days due to busy days
Cons: unprofessional management staff
Have been taken aback by the unfriendliness of staff at the hospital. Just be willing to stand up for yourself. Go in with the mind set that you are there to earn your pay and go home to live your life.
Rewarding Days
Emergency Room Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Lansdowne, VAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Rewarding feeling
Cons: No pay
I can apply what I learn at school to what I actually see when I volunteer, while helping those in need. Any way I can help patients, I feel rewarded. My day consists of mostly cleaning rooms after patients are discharged, wheeling out discharged patients, and getting the proper help to help a patient. The employees are always willing to look out for me to make my day a little more interesting. If they find an interesting patient, they will ask the patient and allow me to watch how the nurse gives care to the patient. While there is no pay for this, I personally enjoy helping people in any way I can.
WORST PLACE EVER
Anonymous (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Unprofessional and untrained employees and managers
Don’t work hard and do a good job as a new employee! You will have older miserable employees who feel threatened and will have friends in other departments that will go to human resources and make up lies to get you fired!! No need and going to human resources or upper management, if you have any issues. They will listen to management who will lie also to save their job.
fun work place to work
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: employee picinic
Cons: short lunch breaks
I have been with this company for many years and have enjoyed it every day, I is a place where you would enjoy working, It's a place where you meet many friends and where everyone work together to get the job done.
Patient Registration Coordinator (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Promotion of excellent customer service
Cons: n/a
Productive and very busy environment that focused on excellent customer service. Inova Health System is a great company!
Challanging but exciting
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Annandale, VAMay 12, 2015
I love working in a large hospital. Never a dull moment! I have enjoyed learning case management here. I have great co-workers that are always supportive. My managers have always been supportive, as well.
Very friendly eniviorment
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Alexandria vaMay 3, 2015
Volunteer experience which was really nice,friendly and clean environment. Begin introduced to the medical setting, I was able to care for patient and their families. Gain a ton of important medical experience with trained organized groups.
Headquarters