Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Smile in Face; Knife in Back Employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Inova AlexandriaJuly 23, 2017
This is a fast paced, stressful environmemt with many demands on employees. Management is only interested in statistics and scores and does not truly care about its employees. People get fired at the drop of a hat and disciplined for ridiculous things. Leave policies are pathetic. Don't get sick and call in or you will have a mark in your file as the start of an ultimate disciplinary process. People that are chosen for leadership positions are not well versed or suited for their roles which negatively impacts employees. They smile in your face and put a knife in your back. Pick another health system to work for!
Pros
Free parking
Cons
All PTO, no designated sick or annual leave, must use your PTO for holidays, ridiculous disciplinary tree that is unfair and used for stupid reasons
Plenty of opportunities
Senior Planner (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJuly 22, 2017
Plenty of opportunities and areas to explore. The culture can be competitive but represents the east coast culture as well. I have known many people who work hard and find advancement opportunities. There are solid people who are patient-centric.
Worst place to work
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 21, 2017
No opportunity for growth. Horrible to their doctors and to their nurses. There is no appreciation or accountability. People get fired all the time. No job security.
Would never work here as an MD or RN
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad culture. Cut throat
front desk, interpreter, greeter and sign language
Front desk - (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 16, 2017
I like to work at the hospital because I like to help people when have difficult situation in their life. I am happy because I can use my native language
Pros
lunch discount
Great company
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAJuly 14, 2017
Inova heath systems was a great company to work for! They took training very serious and made sure you did not leave training until you felt confident on the job you were going to do in your field. The companies core of employees were great and very supportive
good opportunity
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 13, 2017
Good opportunity, enjoyed the call center environment but not flexible enough with salary . Traveled a long way to work and parking was very far away, Learned about alarm codes and codes for emergencies in a hospital environment. Great job but not enough pay
Great people and learning environment
Clinical Technician II (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 13, 2017
This is a teaching hospital so there are many people around and there are several of them that are willing to explain and teach you new things. People work well together and communicate effectively.
Pros
Good people, helpful, sometimes fun
Positive work environment
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 10, 2017
Members of the healthcare team were supportive of one another and got along well. Very good relationship between doctors and nurses. Great management
Pros
nurses supportive of each other
no comment
RN (Current Employee) –  VAJuly 10, 2017
If I knew someone was desperate for a job I would recommend they consider Inova. If not, I would not recommend they work there as a staff member. The pay is well below average, you're expected to come in for many trainings on your off days (as an RN), meetings (or on conference calls for meetings), no work/life balance, no ability for growth, Inova doesn't seem to valuable their employees, you have to earn your PTO (you are not automatically given vacation or sick days when you start). Also, at this point they are in "cost-saving" mode so a fully-staffed unit along with necessary supplies are few and far between. Sadly, my unit is hemorrhaging nurses and clinical techs and no one seems to want to stay.
Great learning Opportunity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 9, 2017
Advanced equipment, lots of room for growth and learning opportunities, busy hospital with lots of turn over, RN driven, flexibility and self scheduling
I would recommend working
Registered Nurse, BSN (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 7, 2017
Great staff and unlimited opportunities to grow. INOVA encourages every staff to partake in any opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills. INOVA strives to improve workplace culture. However, upper management doesn't reward hospital staff and/or recognizes staff for their hard work.
Fast-Paced and Always Busy
Patient Registration Representative II (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 6, 2017
A very busy job with a seemingly endless stream of patients.Check in and complete registration with all patients via walk in and ambulance. Collect copays/coinsurance from patients/parents. Assist staff in answering patient questions and keeping them comfortable and calm. Management does their best to keep staff full although during peak times, a full staff still doesn't feel like enough. Hardest part of the job is keeping up on a busy trauma/cva day. Best part of the job is helping people.
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 4, 2017
I loved this job I loved working with the babies I have a big heart for kids and I was glad to be there for the NICU babies and their families great place ...
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 3, 2017
Inova Health System is a great place to work. My overall experience has been wonderful.
I would recommend the job to anyone looking for a great company
Awesome Employer
Administrative support and medical transcription (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 29, 2017
Great Benefits. Reliable Employment and high retention of employees. Great workplace environment and high morale. Very family oriented workplace environment.
Pros
Benefits. High retention of good employees.
Cons
Location. High Traffic Area. Low vacation time off.
Apheresis is GREAT!!!
Apheresis RN, Interim Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 26, 2017
It is a great field of Nursing......Not many people including fellow healthcare workers have any idea of what it is. We deal with many disease processes. Many so called "Rare" diseases end up at Inova Fairfax since we are one of the few hospitals that have Apheresis. And here the disease states are not so rare.....There is something new to learn everyday, as no 2 people's disease progresses the same way. It is a specialty that not many RN's have experience in, so staffing can become an issue. It was extremely busy 8- 10 patients daily for 3- 4 nurses,from last November till June. That is when the life balance was way off.The majority of patients do very well and are the mot enjoyable part of the job. Coworkers are great!
Pros
Nice unit
Cons
Short breaks/ no breaks, when it gets busy with no staff
worked independently
Coder III (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 21, 2017
Worked independently doing outpatient coding and learning outpatient modifiers and information for billing. Did not enjoy management's decisions. Company was going through a lot of changes.
Pros
worked independently
Cons
management
not a company that i would ever want to work for
Morrison Health Care (Former Employee) –  Fairfax County, VAJune 20, 2017
the employees are over worked and grossly under paid. the management does not know how to treat their employees,do not get paid for any holidays. there is no room for advancement in this company. unless you relocate
Pros
you will be thrown into the fire, which will force you to strive for more
Cons
1% raises every year
Stressful
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 19, 2017
A typical day is very busy, fast paced and stressful. I always go to work with a plan for the day which helps with dealing with the day. Our department is currently very understaffed and with staff burnout and lack of pay the culture is very toxic.

The hardest part of my job is being on being out of the office and the workload waiting for me when I return. Other than that I love what I do I would just like to be better compensated for it.
Pros
Good introduction into diverse patient groups
Cons
compensation, understaffing
Joint Replacement department physical therapist
PRN Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 16, 2017
This department works very well together and has excellent communication between therapists, physicians and nursing. Productivity expectations are extremely reasonable and work environment is is positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.