Inova Health System

Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Very fast pace environment place to work.
Direct Care Support (Former Employee), LandsdowneMay 3, 2015
I have gained a lot of experience and skills working for Inova. Very rewarding place to work, the knowledge and experience is wonderful.
The team work however was not always great and shifts were a bit disorganized.
Decent
Desktop Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 24, 2015
Below average salary, decent benefits, disconnect between upper management and workers. The best part are the co workers who cover each other and work hard.
Good to work for.
Food Service Associate II (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 19, 2015
Pros: On call options, 401k
Cons: Loss of contract, unpaid time off
I worked in the cafeteria at Fairfax Hospital before the contract was given to Morrison. One thing that I learned from Inova is that they keep their employees well informed about events and changes that can occur.

Management was good to work before; we had a good team when I was there. If I had to be honest, the hardest part of the job was when you needed time off. It was difficult, even when you asked for it well in advance. They were able to work with you though.
Fast paced, high stress employment with rewarding outcomes
Inventory Manager/Specialist (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 18, 2015
Flexible schedule within working parameters.
Lots of on-call time.
Co-workers are the best ever, hard working and dependable.
Friendly atmosphere.
Highly skilled MD's.
PRODUCTIVITY
PFS CASH SPECIALIST 3 (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 13, 2015
Every day i come in I go ahead and start calling patients to collect and figure out their situation to why their bills aren't paid, I am part of a collection agency that collects for Inova Health Systems, I also do billing and re-submission of claims throughout the day.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 9, 2015
I am not sure what exactly to say as i did not have much experience. I was a volunteer and there were no set duties. I was pretty much lost half of the time i was there.
It was healthcare, too....
Business Coordinator, Specialty Department (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 6, 2015
At the time I was there, healthcare was a very difficult business. On the whole, though, the work environment was pleasant. The staff were very caring and helpful. Not sure what it is like now...
great learning environment
Nurse Extern- Pediatric Specialty Center (Former Employee), fairfax VAMarch 31, 2015
Was still a student in undergard at the time learned how to take vital signs, most enjoyable part of the job feeling comfortable taking care of the children.
I enjoy teaching
Float Pool Nurse, RN III (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 25, 2015
multitasking.
managing 20 STUDENTS, Grading papers, Delegating tasks in clinical, teaching nursing assessment.
My co workers think i am a team player
The hardest part is dealing with uncooperative student.
The most enjoyable part is Graduation.
Fantastic and Fun place to work
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 12, 2015
A day was retrieving medical records filing and processing records orders, answering phone calls,purging. I learned a little about medical codeing.My management was great at keeping us ahead of the game.My co-workers were team players.The hardest part of my job being overwhelm at times.The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people.
Friendly and good environmental to work with. the jobs I had performed differently becuase I dealt with lots medical equipment
Mechanic Maintenance (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 4, 2015
working in INOVA Fairfax Hospital different from office buildings.
Always follow strictly safety rules as other companies but in here I had to deal with lots of medical equipment although also performed all the jobs as a maintenance building such as electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling.
Great place to work at and amazing people to work with!
Nurse Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 23, 2015
I absolutley loved my job here the only reaso i put my 2 weeks notice in is i had to move because i got married but i loved my job and everyone i worked with. Its lots of walking but you meet so many new people and patients its amazing
A model acute Nursing and Rehabilitation center with on-site, integrated ancillary support systems.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Rehabilitation UnitFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: shift(hours of work) options . worked 3 12hr shifts wkly.
Cons: n/a
Primary care nursing : duties involved administration of medications and treatments, assisting client through all stages of their personal care by promoting the clients highest level of self -care ,heath maintenance, and informed decision making through demonstration, teaching and practice. Multidisciplinary and holistic approach in delivery of care with full team involvement throughout length of stay. To assure continuity of care ,weekly / bi-weekly team meetings held to assess client progress and make any changes as needed through admission to discharge planning.High volume, fast pace working environment with multiple admissions ,transfers and discharges on a daily bases. While this is typical of most nursing and rehab settings,
having comprehensive on-site daily access and assistance from all members of the team(physicians,therapists, social workers,nursing care partners) helped make this a positive working atmosphere for clients and staff.
Nice place to work
sterile processing tech (Current Employee), falls church vaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free snacks and cofee are offered to staffs
Cons: breaks are too short
It is a big hospital and always busy making it a great place to work. It is also a great place to learn many new things.There is also a cultural diversity because staffs are from defferent cultural backgrounds.
Needs Improvement
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAFebruary 5, 2015
Co-workers are great to work with. The work environment is a positive one. It does not seem that safety is a top priority and there have been a large number of layoffs in the last two years even with new construction occurring.
Honoring our high ranked officials and soldiers
Medical Support Technician (Current Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 3, 2015
Working for the military showed you how to serve in a place of diversity. I enjoyed listening to soldiers as they shared their experience. I worked in pre surgery services, which was a critical area. You had to ensure patient identifiers were accurate, and forms completed and signed by surgeons to prepare for surgery.
Very fun place to work.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: team unity, patients, learning abilities
I worked on a Med/Surg unit for recovering surgical patients. It was fun and educational and gave me the opportunity to learn about different procedures and their treatments. I was able to work with and meet people from all walks of life. Management was ok, I didn't feel very connected or related much to the one of my supervisors. This lead to a social disconnection in being to communicate with her regarding some occurances. I did work with a great clinical team. The physicians, nurses, therapist and social workers worked as one complete unit. There was no challenge to hard working for the hospital. The most enjoyable part of the job was the unity between the staff, outer team member and the patients.
fun place to work
Logistics & Administrative Manager (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: job ended
variety of work activies; always learning more about products. Supervise workers. Keeping track of production of product for customer.
Working with customers
Definitely Good place to work for.
Cost Manager (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAJanuary 29, 2015
Great Company working as Cost Manager in Inova Facilities & Management Department.
working at the hospital
Environmental Services Assistant (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 26, 2015
the best job.. you get to meet alot of people it was like home working around family i treat the patients like there was my own family...

About Inova Health System

Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit – Read more

Inova Health System Salaries