Inova Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Overall rating A great place to work
Mailroom Specialist HR support (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 9, 2016
A company that cares about the quality of health care services provided to the public
A company that cares about work life balance
A company that cares about to implement new technologies
Great to learn, don't stay long
Communications Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VA 22042April 6, 2016
Wonderful place to learn and grow as a provider, but (upper) management is not concerned about employees. Expect below average pay in exchange for a lower cost for health benefits.
Pros
Education and development
Cons
Pay, management
Nice Place to work
Financial Coordinator Orthopedic Trauma (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 5, 2016
Get a good practice with a hospital based group. The great thing is there is room for advancement and transfer after 6 months. I enjoyed my time with Inova would recomend it to anybody.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
No Overtime
Professional, safety conscious
Management of patients (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 3, 2016
I have worked in many facillities and Inova walks the talk. Safety is a primary concern and attention to safe staffing in a priority with the Management team.
Large health care system that provides a wide variety of clinical experiences.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 2, 2016
Positions held: Registered nurse with experience in - emergency department, education, risk management, employee occupational health, OSHA/VOSH, worker's compensation, ADA, bloodborne pathogens, peri-operative services.
Pros
Ability to return to job post retirement.
Fun Place to work at
Documentation Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  9900 Main Street Fairfax, VAMarch 24, 2016
I worked for INOVA VNA for 20 years. I learned a lot at this job. I learned to trained clinicians to use laptops and created their educational material. My co-workers were my family, we had been together for so long. The management trusted my style of teaching and I had a great respect for them.
Fast-paced highly charged atomsphere
Talent Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 21, 2016
Fast pacecd ever changing priorities and processes. Most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that new candidates have a smooth and positive first day experience.
Pros
Late start time
Cons
short lunch break
Day in the life of an Operator
IT Voice Operator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 14, 2016
I come in log on, and start taking calls. I call emergency codes via overhead loudspeaker, and page doctors for other medical staff.
Big company too much stress
Clinical Technician I (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 13, 2016
Nice to be a part of big well known hospital system but work is exhausting. Unit always understaffed. They want amazing flexibility but do not give much in return
Pros
experience
Cons
pay, work ethic
Intelectually stimulating and enjoyable every day.
Pathology Assistant/Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 5, 2016
Great job! Pathology team like family. Everyone worked together, helping each other, all with the same goal of helping the patients.
Grossing specimens is extremely interesting, and I learned new and exciting things daily.
PTO policy not good. High cost benefits
Care Link Specialist (Current Employee) –  FairfaxFebruary 23, 2016
Vacation, sick days, holidays and closing for inclement weather use by PTO

Medical and Dental benefits cost too high and co-pays to expensive
Pros
Nice enviroment
Cons
Low pay vs load of work
Inova Fairfax
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Inova was a great place to work. I worked with a lot of diverse people. I learned a lot while I worked there. I worked the night shift Friday and Saturday night. It was very fast paced given the fact that Inova Fairfax is a level I trauma center.
Productive interpreting team
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 19, 2016
The medical interpreting team at IMVH in Alexandria is well managed and works together seamlessly. The advanced langauge skills necessary to perform as a communication conduit in medical appointments are obvious and apparent among the talented team members at this hospital.
Productive work place, and teamworking atmoshere.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working in both departments. There were always opportunities to learn something new, and gain more experience.
Pros
Growth availability
Employees
Perioperative Supervisor in Main OR and ASC (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Handling many employees and managing daily activities. Constantly supervising and making sure things are getting done correctly.
Great company for new job seekers to professionals
Financial Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 8, 2016
Inova has been the best company I have worked for. It provided me with plenty of training and support from management when I first started, as well as when I was promoted. Overall, management is caring and very proficient. I have never encountered a time when came to my supervisor with a problem and wasn't helped. May I mention the great health and dental benefits! Great! And you also get paid time off and short and long term disability are provided. I have had a great experience with Inova. Everyone at Inova is like one big family!
Good place to work.
Patient Safety Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 28, 2016
Great work place.
Working with patients helping them do what is needed.
Helping the techs out with there jobs.
Getting to learn new things.
Excellent
International Coordinator / Controller (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 27, 2016
Inova solutions was a software development firm as well as a digital signage manufacturer. I was mostly involved in the accounting however I was their international shipping and VAT coordinator as well. I loved the culture here and remain friends with the owners to date.
Pros
Fun and cultured environment. Nice balance and constant stimulation
Cons
I do not have any cons with working at Inova they are amazing.
Provides clinical services to patients and practice standards and demonstrates radiation protection/safety to patient/staffs
Imaging Clinical Coordinator, Nuc Med (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 27, 2016
I strongly agree with Inova helath system mission of improvement of the healthcare that is very diversed area yet constant driiving towards excellent patient care.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  CHURCH FALLS VAJanuary 19, 2016
My day at work there was busy, depending on my shift, I go in by 6 a.M, get changed and work starts.
Management is good, co-workers are fantastic.
Easy to talk to and everyone is ready to assist when you need it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.