Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Rewarding Days
Emergency Room Patient Advocate (Current Employee), Lansdowne, VAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Rewarding feeling
Cons: No pay
I can apply what I learn at school to what I actually see when I volunteer, while helping those in need. Any way I can help patients, I feel rewarded. My day consists of mostly cleaning rooms after patients are discharged, wheeling out discharged patients, and getting the proper help to help a patient. The employees are always willing to look out for me to make my day a little more interesting. If they find an interesting patient, they will ask the patient and allow me to watch how the nurse gives care to the patient. While there is no pay for this, I personally enjoy helping people in any way I can.
WORST PLACE EVER
Anonymous (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: Unprofessional and untrained employees and managers
Don’t work hard and do a good job as a new employee! You will have older miserable employees who feel threatened and will have friends in other departments that will go to human resources and make up lies to get you fired!! No need and going to human resources or upper management, if you have any issues. They will listen to management who will lie also to save their job.
fun work place to work
Cancer Registrar (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: employee picinic
Cons: short lunch breaks
I have been with this company for many years and have enjoyed it every day, I is a place where you would enjoy working, It's a place where you meet many friends and where everyone work together to get the job done.
Patient Registration Coordinator (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAMay 18, 2015
Pros: Promotion of excellent customer service
Cons: n/a
Productive and very busy environment that focused on excellent customer service. Inova Health System is a great company!
Challanging but exciting
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Annandale, VAMay 12, 2015
I love working in a large hospital. Never a dull moment! I have enjoyed learning case management here. I have great co-workers that are always supportive. My managers have always been supportive, as well.
Very friendly eniviorment
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee), Alexandria vaMay 3, 2015
Volunteer experience which was really nice,friendly and clean environment. Begin introduced to the medical setting, I was able to care for patient and their families. Gain a ton of important medical experience with trained organized groups.
Very fast pace environment place to work.
Direct Care Support (Former Employee), LandsdowneMay 3, 2015
I have gained a lot of experience and skills working for Inova. Very rewarding place to work, the knowledge and experience is wonderful.
The team work however was not always great and shifts were a bit disorganized.
Decent
Desktop Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 24, 2015
Below average salary, decent benefits, disconnect between upper management and workers. The best part are the co workers who cover each other and work hard.
Good to work for.
Food Service Associate II (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 19, 2015
Pros: On call options, 401k
Cons: Loss of contract, unpaid time off
I worked in the cafeteria at Fairfax Hospital before the contract was given to Morrison. One thing that I learned from Inova is that they keep their employees well informed about events and changes that can occur.

Management was good to work before; we had a good team when I was there. If I had to be honest, the hardest part of the job was when you needed time off. It was difficult, even when you asked for it well in advance. They were able to work with you though.
Fast paced, high stress employment with rewarding outcomes
Inventory Manager/Specialist (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 18, 2015
Flexible schedule within working parameters.
Lots of on-call time.
Co-workers are the best ever, hard working and dependable.
Friendly atmosphere.
Highly skilled MD's.
PRODUCTIVITY
PFS CASH SPECIALIST 3 (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAApril 13, 2015
Every day i come in I go ahead and start calling patients to collect and figure out their situation to why their bills aren't paid, I am part of a collection agency that collects for Inova Health Systems, I also do billing and re-submission of claims throughout the day.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAApril 9, 2015
I am not sure what exactly to say as i did not have much experience. I was a volunteer and there were no set duties. I was pretty much lost half of the time i was there.
It was healthcare, too....
Business Coordinator, Specialty Department (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAApril 6, 2015
At the time I was there, healthcare was a very difficult business. On the whole, though, the work environment was pleasant. The staff were very caring and helpful. Not sure what it is like now...
great learning environment
Nurse Extern- Pediatric Specialty Center (Former Employee), fairfax VAMarch 31, 2015
Was still a student in undergard at the time learned how to take vital signs, most enjoyable part of the job feeling comfortable taking care of the children.
I enjoy teaching
Float Pool Nurse, RN III (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 25, 2015
multitasking.
managing 20 STUDENTS, Grading papers, Delegating tasks in clinical, teaching nursing assessment.
My co workers think i am a team player
The hardest part is dealing with uncooperative student.
The most enjoyable part is Graduation.
Fantastic and Fun place to work
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 12, 2015
A day was retrieving medical records filing and processing records orders, answering phone calls,purging. I learned a little about medical codeing.My management was great at keeping us ahead of the game.My co-workers were team players.The hardest part of my job being overwhelm at times.The most enjoyable part of my job meeting new people.
Friendly and good environmental to work with. the jobs I had performed differently becuase I dealt with lots medical equipment
Mechanic Maintenance (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAMarch 4, 2015
working in INOVA Fairfax Hospital different from office buildings.
Always follow strictly safety rules as other companies but in here I had to deal with lots of medical equipment although also performed all the jobs as a maintenance building such as electrical, plumbing, heating and cooling.
Great place to work at and amazing people to work with!
Nurse Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAFebruary 23, 2015
I absolutley loved my job here the only reaso i put my 2 weeks notice in is i had to move because i got married but i loved my job and everyone i worked with. Its lots of walking but you meet so many new people and patients its amazing
A model acute Nursing and Rehabilitation center with on-site, integrated ancillary support systems.
Staff RN (Former Employee), Rehabilitation UnitFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: shift(hours of work) options . worked 3 12hr shifts wkly.
Cons: n/a
Primary care nursing : duties involved administration of medications and treatments, assisting client through all stages of their personal care by promoting the clients highest level of self -care ,heath maintenance, and informed decision making through demonstration, teaching and practice. Multidisciplinary and holistic approach in delivery of care with full team involvement throughout length of stay. To assure continuity of care ,weekly / bi-weekly team meetings held to assess client progress and make any changes as needed through admission to discharge planning.High volume, fast pace working environment with multiple admissions ,transfers and discharges on a daily bases. While this is typical of most nursing and rehab settings,
having comprehensive on-site daily access and assistance from all members of the team(physicians,therapists, social workers,nursing care partners) helped make this a positive working atmosphere for clients and staff.
Nice place to work
sterile processing tech (Current Employee), falls church vaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free snacks and cofee are offered to staffs
Cons: breaks are too short
It is a big hospital and always busy making it a great place to work. It is also a great place to learn many new things.There is also a cultural diversity because staffs are from defferent cultural backgrounds.
Headquarters