Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Clinical Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 14, 2017
Very Productive, fast paced, and sometimes stressful. My manager is a great manager, she supports her team anyway possible. Inova is a great place to work if fast paced is for you.
Underpaid and overworked
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 11, 2017
Inova does not value its employee's by any means and only care about their budget so the higher ups can receive their lovely bonus check. It is only worth the job if you need experience for a better position elsewhere.
Great Place to work- Opportunity for growth
Surgical Coordinator- Neuroscience Department (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 8, 2017
Being balanced, organized and fast paced is a plus to work at this company
Management has usually been great; but in the event you need to seek above them, there is always HR.
fun place to work
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJune 5, 2017
Inova hospital is a good place to work, I started working since 1998 and i have been enjoy here, we inova hospital work more as a team, helps you to grow in so many ways
Management...
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 1, 2017
Management is so driven by policy, that helping advance your career and working with you is not what they do there. Great place if your family is sick, but I would likely never work there again.
Pros
learned a lot, policy driven
Cons
management
Great place to work for starting out
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMay 29, 2017
If you are just starting a career it is a great place to get your experience. If you are like by management then possible to move up. If not liked then look elsewhere for growth. No room for multiple directors
I loved working here and would go back in a heart beat if I could.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 27, 2017
When I first started, management was great and very accommodating to a situation I was at the time. There are some great team members to include the SAs, PAs, and surgeons.
Management changed a couple of times over the 10 yr period I was there but it's great now.
Great Caring Organization
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 25, 2017
This is my first career experience with a Hospital organization. I am very satisfied with the office culture. The management team shows they appreciate the dedication and efforts of the staff. It is a fun place to work most days. The only thing I can say is challenging is the commute.
Pros
Colleagues, Management Team, Benefits
Cons
Commute to Work
Lacking strong leadership
RN (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 25, 2017
Inova could be a great place to work but it lacks the leadership and support for nursing. Most nurses on my unit come to work to provide the best care possible for our patients. Management is making this more and more difficult everyday. Management is only concerned about the north board and making sure the data is complete because upper administration may be coming to look at it. Administration is not coming to see the excellent care that the patients receive, they are not coming to show respect to those that provide excellent care, they are coming to look at the numbers.
Pay at Inova is pitiful compared to other hospitals and systems in the area. Once you are in Inova don't expect a raise. i have worked for Inova for 6 years and I just received my first real raise (more than 8 cents/hour). I'm sure it will be another 6 years before we get another one. I found it particularly interesting when our current manager sent out an email that included all the surgical technologist within the hospitals salaries. Surgical techs that were not certified, did not attend formal training, and do not hold a degree make more than most nurses. Nurses are being forced to go back to school to keep their jobs and there is no compensation. I'm looking to go somewhere else in the area where nurses are respected and paid. You should think twice before you jump into this mess.
Pros
The nurses and support staff
Cons
Management, salary and benefits
Good company
Polysomnographic Technician (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2017
Worked the night shift doing sleep studies on patients that had a suspected sleeping disorder. Treated patients with sleep apnea with a CPAP or BIPAP machine.
healthy work environment
Work Hardening Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 23, 2017
Inova is a large health system which provides employment opportunities in the northern Virginia area to many in all aspects of healthcare practice. Upstanding organization to work for.
Productive and educational
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 23, 2017
I started at 6 am by answering phones and viewing the doctors and nurses appointments and surgeries for the day. Running errands on other hospital floors, such as x-ray films and medical equipment.
Pros
the knowledge was massive for anatomy and physiology .
Cons
The day went by extremely fast, not enough time to complete daily duties.
n/a
Medical Legal Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 22, 2017
I worked sometime ore than 8 hours a day getting OT was the best, I learned a lot about healthcare, the new manger was not fair, not treated fairly, not getting a raise in 8 years
Poor management, lack of communication
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Inova FairfaxMay 22, 2017
Lack of staff means existing workers constantly expected to work extra shifts, do overtime, cover several areas at once, skip breaks. Serious medication errors are just waiting to happen. Schedule given out one week at a time, can't plan your life. Management does not communicate, either to staff or amongst themselves. Constant shortages in staff and supplies make work impossible to complete.
Pros
good benefits, free parking
Cons
overworked, understaffed, underpaid
Decent Company
Patient Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 20, 2017
Inova is a decent company to work for however I can only speak from experience in my department where I feel like we are overworked and underpaid-not to mention there doesn't appear to be much room for growth in my department. I hate that we get paid holidays however they use our PTO for it. The company itself continues to expand however continually takes away from the employees while doing so.
respectable and professional staff
Travel nurse (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 20, 2017
A respectable and caring management and staff team to work with.
My experience as a travel nurse at the Alexandria hospital was great. The manager was a visionary with great ideas for the unit and hospital
Great management
Nutrition Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMay 7, 2017
This was an easy to learn position with a hardworking team. Management was very organized and willing to step in where needed. On the job learning with supervision of RD's.
Learning Experience
Paged On-Call Radiologist and Radiology Techs (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 2, 2017
GREAT place for anyone interested in learning about the medical industry. No matter the department, you are going to learn more science, math and technology. It is a great place for medical students of any program to work part time.
Pros
Learning Experience
Cons
Cutting bonuses and raises
Terrible place to work
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 30, 2017
Overworked and short staffed. Low pay. Money is the theme. Management sucks. Allows bullying especially from upper management. You must be a butt kisser. No training if you are a new job. Oh pay sucks. It is based on somewhere in West Va which has nothing to do with this areas prices.
Pros
Garage parking
Cons
Pay, work life balance, attitudes from employees
Workmates are very difficult to deal with, they can't even say hi and when you say hi they never answer to you.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 25, 2017
The work environment is very uncooperative for new hire, it is very disturbing, the older staffs are full with issues and attitude that is never acceptable in the work place.
Pros
You learn new things
Cons
You learn the hard way on your own.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.