Inova Health System Employee Reviews

co-workers
Program Health Coach (Former Employee) –  FairfaxOctober 6, 2015
I always had good co-wokers in the health system. The only thing is the health system is that everyone works for themselves. Everyone looks for their own advancement and it is tough to grow together. However I have seen some of the hardest workers in the health system. These are people truly excellent at what they do.
VERYPRODUCTIVE
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST - GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 5, 2015
VERY GOOD AND CARING FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE. EVERYONE WORKS HARD TO KEEP THE QUALITY AND REPUTATION EVERYTHING IS MODERN AND ALWAYS EVERYONE HAS TO BE TRAINED FOLLOW SOP REVIEW WORK ON DAILY BASIS DO MAINTENANCE AS AS REQUIRED BY THE MANUFACTURER.
Pros
FREE LUNCH/DINNER ONLY ON CHRISTMAS
Cons
15 MINUTES BREAK AND HALF HOUR BREAK FOR LUNCH
Productive place to work
Scheduling Registration Coordinator, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 4, 2015
Constant change and challenges, supportive in moving or transfer to a different position. You are able to transfer to another department after 6 months of working or being in one position.
Pros
Great benefits
Fair Oaks Hospital is like a community.
Senior Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 1, 2015
I have worked at Fair Oaks Hospital in several departments over the past 8 years. It is like a family here. We stand out over other hospitals in the area because of the care we give to our patients. I have been afforded the ability to grow and develop in my career here.
Pros
Tuition Assistance
excelllent
Senior A/P Processor (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 24, 2015
Work was precise. I learned, Purchasing, accounting, Management was great, same for co-workers. Monthly reports, hardest. The friendliness of everyone..
High stress and long hours lead to high liaison turnover
Liaison (Former Employee) –  FairfaxSeptember 20, 2015
Liaison job is very stressful due to lack of management support. Often, the workload is excessive, which requires working late and without lunch. Overtime is not reimbursed, though work is expected to be done. Promises for additional liaison support and promotion are often made, but never happen due to high turnover of liaisons. Also there is unfair weekend rotations among liaisons.
High degree of liaison burnout.
Working as a triage nurse / floater Medical Assistant
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 17, 2015
This job was a very important part of the learning experience as a Medical Assistant, because I learned to be quick on the assessments for acute care & regular appointments. Working together with the other Medical Assistants was an enjoyable part of the day because it brought us all together as team players.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Late work hours
Rewarding place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 3, 2015
Typical day at work was spent triaging calls and handling simple to complex call backs. I learned a lot about breast cancer and all the different types of breast diseases/problems. Management was awesome and I wish I could have that manager at every placed I have worked. Co-workers were easy to get along with and manageable. The hardest part of the job was to tell them they had an abnormal test and further testing would be needed. The most enjoyable part learning something new and getting the chance to work with a great team!
It's a good place to work
Assist patients (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 3, 2015
I have had about 5 clinical rotations and the employees were marvelous. They work as a team and they know that "patient first"
Good
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 2, 2015
Nice place to work at.
Centrally located.
Offers reasonable benefits.
Chances of potential professional growth.
Offers 401K.
Great co-worker's, over worked but mainly positive
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VaAugust 27, 2015
Co-workers here are great, mangement too concerned with numbers. Overall good vibe. Not always the best training process in place.
Pros
Encouraging atmosphere
Cons
management not always supportive
Managed the revenue cycle for the hospital
Director of Patient Access and Revenue Management (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 26, 2015
It is a very political place to work. I enjoyed working in such a diverse environment. Does not encourge growth and the compensation package is good however salary still needs some work.
Pros
Compensation is comparable
Cons
No growth
The best! Love,fun, positive, and a wonderful staff that became family
Unit Secretary, Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAAugust 25, 2015
Unit Secretary Telemetry- I can't say enough about INOVA Loudoun Hospital. I hold it near to my heart. I transferred to INOVA Mt. Vernon as it was close to home. Everything about this facility is positive and motivating. the staff was like no other along with the awesome team work and superior management. Patient care and safety was always in place at INOVA.
Pros
Organization, Staff, Management
Cons
fun and interesting job environment, always busy
Patient Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day would consist of patients coming in and explaining to me what their condition was to get them seen quickly

I learned a lot about medical terms from the patients and nurses,it helped me since Iam in school to be a nurse

I managed my time well with learning how to be quick and learning shortcuts with getting patients back and seen by a doctor as soon as possible

I worked well with all my coworkers, we all worked together as a team to get the job done right in a timely punctual manner.

The hardest part of my job was having a lot of patients come in and determining sometimes who was the sickest to be seen first, because some people would complain of the same problem.

The most enjoyable was being able to help those ones in need even though I wasn't involved in direct patient care I was the stepping stone to getting that person the help they needed and that brought great joy to me.
Very good experience working at this place. The Physical Therapists are innovative with their treatment protocols and everything is systematic.
Volunteer/ Observer (Current Employee) –  Dulles South, Chantilly, VAAugust 6, 2015
Patients always leave this place with a smile on their face.
The Physical Therapists here include me in observing evaluations and reevaluations which has helped me learn so much more.
fun and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 4, 2015
great job with great benifits. also the management team is wonderful they will do whatever they can to provide the best work enviorment possible. One of the best jobs i ever had!!!
Great Place to start your career
Registered Nurse- Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 27, 2015
If Management were to be little better, it would have been a great place to work. No full support to nursing staff otherwise great experience.
Professional work environment.
Patient Flow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 24, 2015
Professional workplace, nice co-workers that are easy to get along with. Clean work environment. Cafeteria food could be better with a increase of food options and lower prices.
Great place to work!
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 21, 2015
Inova is a wonderful place to work and if you are interested to learn. Many of the employees there (including the healthcare providers, cleaning staff, cafeteria staff, administrative staff) are all very kind, and eager to help anyway that can.
Pros
True commorodority
Cons
No starbucks
busy , good place to work
cash specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 20, 2015
busy day as always. everyday is a learnng process for me although i already had 22 years experience doing this kind of work so far so good. management is okay can't complain. none no hard part of the job being a cash poster this is just base on my own opinion. WORKING AS A TEAM TO ACCOMPLISH THE TASK to be done in daily basis and specially end of the month.
Pros
free lunch sometime even breakfast and some holidays. picnic too in the summertime.