Inova Health System

Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Same as INOVA
Clinical Technician I (Current Employee), alexandria, vaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: relationships with patients and your co-workers
Cons: can be rough
it is very challenging but it also can be fun. You will always have your good days and bad days, but overall the interaction of your patients that you take care of is priceles..
Sr. Business System Analyst / Business Analyst
Sr. Business System Analyst / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 18, 2014
● Excellent presentation and communication skills with knowledge of multiple foreign languages combined with a proficiency in root cause analysis, problem resolution and knowledge of foreign exchange, business modeling, interpersonal, leadership skills, and ability to work in a cross functional team
Great place to work.
System Float Pool Nurse (Former Employee), Falls Church, VANovember 11, 2014
Inova health system is a great place to work. They have over 6 hospitals under Inova and is constantly hiring new graduates
Understanding, patient, quiet place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 27, 2014
Kept doctor and medical students' files up to date both physically and in the computer.
Answered questions from students, faculty, and staff regarding the process of enrolling in the medical classes.
Scheduled out the rooms to various faculty and students.
Set up media for the classes
Management impedes on the strong ethical teamwork built by employees
RN2, Operating Room Circulator Specialist (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: permanent managers investment in your success
Cons: temporary managers who aren't skilled enough for their positions; just fill frivilously for need.
The right hand doesn't know what the left is doing and major decisions are made without acknowledgement of this deficit. You have to fight for recognition. At least it comes eventually. Too many INTERIM managers. EPIC preparedness and implementation was extremely flawed and impeded upon patient care. Raises for employees were denied due to the ridiculous amount spent on implementation and no respect or acknowledgement for the people in the background who made it work on the front line who provide patient care.
Very clicky, unless you kiss butt you won't go far
Custom service rep (Former Employee), Falls Church VirginiaOctober 12, 2014
Cons: management
Management is rude and disrespectful. Unless you brown nose you won't go far. Training is a joke. It's do what I say not what I do . When questioned on procedures was told it's in the manual but then can't produce this.

Meetings with superior is a waste of time. you may as well have the meeting with everyone in the department because my supervisor left the meeting and told everyone in the department what happened and shared private conversations

Human resources is a joke as well. They don't protect new employees from harassment of their supervisor. They don't investigate, they take the word of the supervisor over employees and witness.
I like to work there again.
CT Technologist (Former Employee), Leesburg,VA 20176October 7, 2014
Pros: was close to my house.
Cons: needed more hours to work.
I learned a lot in Loudoun Hospital Center. It wasn't Inova that time.
Built up good relationship with co-workers, radiologists and my patients.
Amazing company
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee), Reston VAOctober 5, 2014
A very nice company to work for. I have nothing negative to say
Busy office, short breaks, unfriendly staff, and unprofessional manager.
LPN (Former Employee), CentrevilleOctober 2, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, hours increase at any give time, poor training on site, poor management as well as hr
I worked in the primary care setting. The manager was awful not to mention her sidekick nurse. Both the manager and nurse were guaranteed positions prior to an agreement to sell the practice to INOVA. The patient care has gone down the drain because INOVA is more concerned with dollar signs than patient care. The majority of the doctors are new and lack the necessary knowledge to provide proper patient care. Nothing is done in a timely manner including refills whether urgent or not, they are done when they feel like it. It is more like babysitting doctors and constantly reminding them to address even important matters like anti-coagulation patients which are time sensitive. No one takes responsibility for their errors instead they just blame their errors on whatever nurse they want to get rid of and believe me they will find a way to get rid of you if they don't like you. Most of the nursing staff and lab tech are unprofessional not to mention just plain trashy. The training poor and no help when asked as a matter a fact no one says anything until it is too late. Forget about upper management i.e. area directors, HR, or even the clinical director for the area because they are no help. Can't believe I wasted so much time there. Keep your eye out for the help wanted ads, there are so many because the turn over rate is very high so they always need help. I would really think twice before applying for any primary care offices.
producting hardworking team
Patient Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), falls church vaSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: every day theer is a new challenge
Cons: the pay is not good
A typical day at work is high pace we have worklist we work off of a worklist as well take walk ins andphones calls as well as faxed applicaitions for financial assistance we adicse patients of any other additional paper work we may need in order to come to a decision .

I have learned alot. I have learned how to work with all types of people and situtions .

My co-workers are great very talented ladies .

My job is great very rewarding but it's a department that only has 4 people butshould have at least 10 .

I enjoy working with people thats the most rewarding part being able to help them .
Great management but hectic, overwhelming at times
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Falls Church, VASeptember 23, 2014
There is a steep learning curve with lots of potential for expanding knowledge base.
Friendly envoirnment with outgoing staff.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VASeptember 19, 2014
new and up to date technology, very diverse , good benefits, and training.
Very stressful environment
Front desk Representative (Former Employee), FairfaxSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: helping families
Cons: bad management
I enjoyed my job but as an employee, was not given credit to work done.
Great Opportunity to advance
Scheduling/ Registration Rep (Current Employee), Fairfax, vaSeptember 4, 2014
Great life and home balance, plenty of opportunities to advance in your career. Also great hospital to put on your resume
Productive and professional work place
Volunteer- 2002 (Current Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 2, 2014
It was great doing my clinical here, I learned so much about patient care.
Good organization
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, VASeptember 1, 2014
I worked for both Alexandria Hospital and the Juniper Clinic under Inova Health Systems. Overall I have had a positive work experience there.
N/A
Power Plant Operator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 31, 2014
Twelve hour shifts wasn't the best but through it all I must say, it was a great company.
N/A
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 29, 2014
It feels great to help patients. I learn multiple things about different sicknesses everyday.
Clinical technician on the Stroke Unit
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, low pay
Greet patients and record vital signs every 4 hours. Assist patient with ADL's and ambulating. Notify RN of any changes I observe with the patient. I really enjoy working with my fellow technicians and the RN's but management isn't so easy to communicate with. I enjoy walking into a patients room and making them feel important and helping them with their healing process.
Friendly workplace
PRN Radiology Transcription (Former Employee), Alexandria Hospital, Alexandria VirginiaAugust 24, 2014
Pros: worked on call
Cons: healthcare
Worked in hospital environment transcribing radiology reports for all modalities. Shift work.

About Inova Health System

Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit – Read more

Inova Health System Salaries