Inova Health System Employee Reviews in United States

Fantastic Company that focuses on Excellent Patient Care
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, VAMay 19, 2016
I absolutely loved my co-workers and it was a real team effort. The focus is on the patients and the quality of care they are receiving.
Productive place overall.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 19, 2016
Always in order and clean place to work. The company always made sure your credentials where up to date, and would help you along the way to complete them.
Very Professinal work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Full-time, Summer) (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 19, 2016
Organize pharmaceuticals, tailor Pharmacy scripts to each patient and send them to desired nursing stations.
Overall rating A great place to work
Mailroom Specialist HR support (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 9, 2016
A company that cares about the quality of health care services provided to the public
A company that cares about work life balance
A company that cares about to implement new technologies
Productive, Innovative
Director (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 5, 2016
Great place to work. Very demanding. Management changes made things difficult since there were constant changes in priorities and direction.
Okay for Nurses, not for other healthcare professionals
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 16, 2013
Well, the positives are that there are a lot of different patient populations that you can work with.

However, there is little accountability for management, and while they talk a lot about holding low performers accountable, they don't really follow through with people with a lot of seniority.

The biggest issue is that they have recently taken rehab leaders out of executive leadership and made the highest position a manager that is lower than the nursing leadership. If you are a professional that is not a nurse, you will not have career advancement outside of directly supervising your peers. Positions that, really, should not require a nursing degree, do require one for the purposes of the organization.
benefits
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Intelectually stimulating and enjoyable every day.
Pathology Assistant/Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 5, 2016
Great job! Pathology team like family. Everyone worked together, helping each other, all with the same goal of helping the patients.
Grossing specimens is extremely interesting, and I learned new and exciting things daily.
Provides clinical services to patients and practice standards and demonstrates radiation protection/safety to patient/staffs
Imaging Clinical Coordinator, Nuc Med (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 27, 2016
I strongly agree with Inova helath system mission of improvement of the healthcare that is very diversed area yet constant driiving towards excellent patient care.
Productive interpreting team
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 19, 2016
The medical interpreting team at IMVH in Alexandria is well managed and works together seamlessly. The advanced langauge skills necessary to perform as a communication conduit in medical appointments are obvious and apparent among the talented team members at this hospital.
Fast-paced highly charged atomsphere
Talent Specialist (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 21, 2016
Fast pacecd ever changing priorities and processes. Most enjoyable part of the job is making sure that new candidates have a smooth and positive first day experience.
Pros
Late start time
Cons
short lunch break

Want to know more about Inova Health System?

Ask a question
Wonderful place to work but have serious issues!!
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 13, 2012
Working at Inova Health System has taught me not to put all eggs in one basket. Management has allowed people to work and build up Inova to the facility it is today only to outsource many of the jobs to save money. Salaries are different per facility and they cheat many employees at the Mt Vernon site with non raises and no upward movement. The coworkers are the best which make many stay on-board. The hardest part of this job is that it requires a lot of mandatory surveys and when they received low scores through Gallup, they make management have meetings with staff when the issue is really they dont listen and are poor upper managers.
Pros
great locations/coworkers
Great Place to Begin a Career
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 27, 2013
I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity provided to me by Inova. I began working there about 3 years ago, and I've learned a great deal about how to perform as a professional within one of the busiest areas in the country, Northern Virginia.

A typical day at work involves an extreme workload and plenty of interaction with incoming clientele. I contend with reporting requests from upper management as well as the constant tasking of ensuring accuracy with our appointments. Each day I attain a great deal of experience from both the executive staff and my co-workers about personal growth and development while providing excellent service to different agencies and organizations. My responsibilities provide both a challenging work environment, and a good deal of personal satisfaction as its very important to me to feel as though I'm making a difference at the organization professionally.
Pros
excellent benefits, great career foundation
Exciting workplace. Inspiring and Innovative
research associate (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 7, 2016
Great atmosphere. Enjoyed working side by side with scientists. The coworkers are very friendly. Management is approachable and every day is an opportunity to learn something new.
Productive and client focused
Patient Accounts Representative Follow-up (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAApril 22, 2014
I received inbound calls from from patients, doctors and insurance companies requesting information regarding claims that were partially paid or paid.

I learned that insurance companies need to provide a more clear explanation as to how they pay/process their claims.

I had several managers. It was the follow-up manager that was unable to allow one to shine when working their que (bucket).

My coworkers were of various nationalities and we all understood that we were their to help bring in the money.

The hardest part of the job was getting the documents required from the doctor's offices.

I really enjoyed being able to interact with a multitude of people and resolving their problem in a positive manner.
Pros
medical and 401k
Cons
unable to recognize when management was unproductive towards staff
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Falls ChurchJune 17, 2015
Inova is a great place to work and they know how to keep you busy ,however the pay is low and the benefits are high. You are lucky if you get a great manager at inova.
Inova is a dynamic and challenging company to become a part of.
Patient Care Navigator/Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 26, 2013
I have always worked hard for Inova. I felt valued as a member of the team both on staff and in management. Over the years I learned many valuable things, was exposed to different tactics to increase safety, patient satisfaction and physician satisfaction.

Working for Inova is challenging and rewarding. As in all healthcare institutions, many changes have to be made. Inova is endeavoring to keep the pace and continue to be a safety net in the communities it serves.

Focus on teamwork was my favorite part of working for Inova. I also appreciate the focus on innovation and better ways to do things. As a member of the staff, you are made to feel that your opinions and experience matter and count.
Pros
benefits and family friendly work -life balance.
Cons
challenged by changes in healthcare today.
Decent
Desktop Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 24, 2015
Below average salary, decent benefits, disconnect between upper management and workers. The best part are the co workers who cover each other and work hard.
Inova Fairfax
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 22, 2016
Inova was a great place to work. I worked with a lot of diverse people. I learned a lot while I worked there. I worked the night shift Friday and Saturday night. It was very fast paced given the fact that Inova Fairfax is a level I trauma center.
Great kind and helpful co-workers.
Registered Nurse, Medical and Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 21, 2013
On a typical day one RN will have 4 patients if doing primary care or 6 patients with a tech. Most likely one RN will have multiple isolation rooms. There is a lot to be learned on the medical/oncology unit with a wide variety of diagnoses. RNs will perform IVs, foleys, NG tubes, EKGs, wound care/dressing changes, including wound vacs, and care for chest tubes; techs may perform some of these responsibilities. Management is helpful depending on what the need is, but is not very flexible with scheduling. Management is very encouraging with RNs to advance. The co-workers are all very kind and willing to help. The hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients.
Pros
good benefits, small hospital
Cons
short breaks
Big company too much stress
Clinical Technician I (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 13, 2016
Nice to be a part of big well known hospital system but work is exhausting. Unit always understaffed. They want amazing flexibility but do not give much in return
Pros
experience
Cons
pay, work ethic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.