Inova Health System

Inova Health System Employer Reviews

Excellent
LPTA (Current Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2013
Pros: learning from eachother
INOVA Mt Vernon Rehab is an excellent environment in which Therapist work well together in reaching patient goals and outcomes.
The Therapist who work there are very dedicated to achieving the goals set for their patients. They go out of their way to care for these patients and help families learn how to care for their family members at home.
Fast paced health care system
Vice-President, Human Resources (Current Employee), Falls Church, VANovember 9, 2013
Inova is striving to become the center for destination services in this region. They have great physicians and staff. I have learned a great deal about driving change in a large organization and greatly enjoy tackling the challenges in today's health care environment.
The health system provides great intrinsic satisfaction
Donor Operations Trainer (Current Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 5, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: work-life balance
The work that is done is vital to the overall health and well-being of the public. Great organizational principles and concepts.
Productive workplace
Patient Accounts Representative II (Former Employee), Fairfax, VANovember 3, 2013
I worked for the CATS department which is a rehab center on INOVA Campus. I was blessed with a chance to meet new patients every day and help them with sobriety. I’ve learned that we all handle troubles in life differently but it is never too late to make the right choices. The hardest part of the job was receiving news of our patients passing. I enjoyed – more... the graduation ceremonies. During that time we weren’t employees but an extended family. – less
Multicultural Organization
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VANovember 1, 2013
Da Vinci training available for workers. More than enough parking. 3rd new building within five years.
Good to get your foot in the door
Catering Associate/Caterer (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: management
A typical day can be very hectic and sometimes stressful. I learned to be very independent and the management wasn't very dependable. The co-workers are awesome and very encouraging, the hardest part is the incompetence of management.
Great kind and helpful co-workers.
Registered Nurse, Medical and Oncology Unit (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits, small hospital
Cons: short breaks
On a typical day one RN will have 4 patients if doing primary care or 6 patients with a tech. Most likely one RN will have multiple isolation rooms. There is a lot to be learned on the medical/oncology unit with a wide variety of diagnoses. RNs will perform IVs, foleys, NG tubes, EKGs, wound care/dressing changes, including wound vacs, and care for – more... chest tubes; techs may perform some of these responsibilities. Management is helpful depending on what the need is, but is not very flexible with scheduling. Management is very encouraging with RNs to advance. The co-workers are all very kind and willing to help. The hardest part and most enjoyable part of the job is caring for the patients. – less
Exciting and Friendly
Administrative Specialist (Medical Affairs Office) (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAOctober 15, 2013
Pros: boss takes his employess to lunch on busy days
Cons: small desk area
A typical day at work is busy, learn how to be detailed orientated, my co-workers are helpful, and funny. The hardest part of the job not enough hours in a day. The enjoyable part of my day is my co-workers we are a great team!
Good Place to work
Pharmacy Technician Manager (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 10, 2013
Learned a lot about management and how to deal with many different people. Good environment to grow.
great place to learn and advance
EPIC Super User/ Oncology RN (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 7, 2013
Inova offers many ways to further your career and education.
A great place to work and advance your career
Insurance Contract Analyst (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good environment and culture of helping the community
Cons: limited opportunities at this time
I have learned a great deal working at Inova Loudoun Hospital. I have learned to be flexible and to do whatever is necessary to help our patients from assisting them with their billing issues to walking them to where they need to go.
Fun, interactive workplace for the most part
CREDENTIALING ANALYST (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: good employee appreciation, games, picnics, lots of activities.
Cons: salary
Very enjoyable workplace, compnay values its employees but with being a non profit salary can be an issue.
Great people to work with.
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee), Falls Church, VAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: very gratifying work
Cons: extremely long hours
Working with Case Management with like going to school everyday. You learned something new each day and had an opportunity to help someone with the knowledge learned. My co-workers and I were a team in every sense of the word. Although, the work itself was challenging at times being able to achieve our goal at the end was extremely gratifying.
My co-workers
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria,vaOctober 2, 2013
I enjoy going to work and working with individuals that care about each other.
Very productive and provides extra training .
Cardiac Sonographer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: stuff meeting, review with superviser.
Cons: not every help.
Management is very strong . Educational review is the most positive part of this hospital.
Review Summary of Inova
HCA/Resident Services Representative (RSR) (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 24, 2013
Pros: great health care system
Cons: job displacement and rehire practices
Inova Health Systems has diversity in job placement due to multiple locations. A typical day at work is your average busy day of urgent care patients and patient volume. I learned how to process patients effectively and efficiently. Management gave ample time for training. Co-workers were very cooperative. The hardest part of the job were urgent care – more... patients who had to be sent to the ER because we were unable to treat them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the patients and their families. – less
Great place to work, nice environment, I loved my coworkers at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital
Cook II (Former Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 18, 2013
Pros: lunch was always the best, i loved the diversity and atmosphere.
Cons: when people called out
The typical day was to set up my deli station, make whatever we needed for production, and serve and deliver the patients meal with efficiency, while paying close attention to the different diets.
Great work/life balance and opportunies to advance
Database Administrator (Current Employee), Sterling, VASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: great opportunities for outside training & advancement; excellent 1st & 2nd level management
Cons: as a healthcare provider the medical insurance should have offered more coverage.
Outstanding first and second tier management; provided opportunities for outside training in order to advance to higher positions within the company; quarterly team building events.
Rewarding, but high work load
Respiratory Care Practitioner III (Current Employee), Inova Fairfax HospitalSeptember 12, 2013
Great learning opportunities, clinical ladders for growth
Sr. Systems Engineer
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fairfax, VASeptember 12, 2013
 Lead and implement clinical application project. Coordinate with other team members to finish the project on time.
 Lead Novell to Microsoft migration project
 Perform Network and Servers troubleshooting.
 Maintain and setup new Cisco Routers and Catalysts and troubleshoot any problems to existing Routers and Catalysts.
 Introduced ITIL within – more... the organization.
 Manage Sonicwall and Checkpoint firewalls.
 Setup and maintain EMC DMX, SAN and NAS
 Secure Network Servers, Email system, and desktop from viruses using Symantec Norton Antivirus and Trend Micro.
 Manage EMC Avamar backup solution.
 Maintain and troubleshoot Citrix system for remote users. – less

About Inova Health System

Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit – Read more