Inova Health System

Inova Health System Employer Reviews

No Comment
Patient Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 13, 2014
Working at Inova is a great experience. A typical day at work is managing the evening staff staying within the budget with employees time. Management and co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients.
good benefits
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMarch 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor training for new hire supervisors/mgmt
competitive pay, not enough training for new hire supervisors/managers.
Working for Universata
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 6, 2014
Very nice company to work for. In this position you had to be a self starter and can work efficiently with no supervision.
Innovative and Dynamic environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 5, 2014
Pros: growth opportunity
Cons: restructuring due to financial obligations
Inova Health system is a great place to work that allows for creativity, innovation, and growth.
Very productive
Data Specialist (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAFebruary 28, 2014
This a very detailed position. Love my coworkers. They make your job interesting.
job enviroment very good
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAFebruary 24, 2014
I worked on their telemetry unit and had good experience and had a wonderful head nurse and staffs
BUSY LABOR AND DELIVERY UNIT
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria , VAFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: short breaks if any too far from home
NICE JOB TOO FAR FROM HOME VERY BUSY, AND MULTICULTURAL UNIT AND AREA
Great place to learn
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), falls church, vaFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: local store discounts, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, cancelations, nurse to patient ratio
Teachable departments when fellowship is available. great benefits. pay needs to be more competative. no yearly salary increase. nurse to patient ratio could be better.
Patient Focused Quality Healthcare
Customer Support and Access Manager (Former Employee), Sterling VAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: job stability
Innovative and always in a state of forward thinking technological change. Never a dull moment. With all of the changes in healthcare, restructuring was inevitable. Management is well trained and updated on HR and regulatory requirements.
Productive, fast-paced med/surg unit
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Alexandria, VAJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: being apart of a team who saves lives and makes people happy
Cons: being understaffed
A typical day for me is having 10 to 15 patients. We have our morning huddle with staff and PCD and afterwards we get our report from the night shift staff. We find out the details of our patients and proceed with taking vitals while introducing ourselves to our patients. We find out if we need to collect blood or other specimens, change or insert IV's – more... and see who has to have their blood glucose done. We clean patients and change occupied and unoccupied beds. We receive report from the nurses who have the same patients with me. We check and provide skin care and we assist with wound care. We learn how to manage our time from day to day and manage our patients. The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff to handle patients who are not only total care but the ones who are very needy and confused makes it a little difficult to handle when you are working with 15 patients, but you become a team and work together with your coworkers and get the job done and we always do. My most enjoyable part of the day is making my patients happy, Sometimes when there is a rapid response it makes me happy when your patient comes out ok after the emergency and knowing that you were apart of saving a life. – less
Pleasant work environment
Bariatric Educator (Former Employee), Fair OaksJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: strong senior staff
Cons: too much doctor interference in nursing issues
Strong support from senior staff, who strive to meet their mission statement.
Patient care is in the forefront.
Many long term employees.
The Best Experience that I have had as a Nurse
INOVA Hopital (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 14, 2014
The largest Hospital I've ever worked in. Clean, organized, Helpful
I have no complaints about this hospital. Hands down the best experience for this nurse.
Good
coordinator/associate (Former Employee), Faifax,VADecember 27, 2013
Its a perfect place to work at . Daycare available for Mothers with young children. Excellent benefits.
Patient care
Staff RN / Intermediate Care Unit (Current Employee), AlexandriaDecember 20, 2013
I enjoyed caring for patients but felt I did not have enough time to spend with them.
I loved having the opportunity of working here
Patient Safety Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VADecember 12, 2013
Pros: free lunch, long breaks, promotional opportunities
Cons: staying with one patient all day
INOVA was a great hospital I loved being apart of team, hey ad great benefits, and i loved the continuing education training classes. at the time I was in school for medical assisting and I learned a lot about the clinical side of medicine. I had great co-workers we all looked out for each other, and made sure we all had what we needed. the hardest – more... part of the job was not being able to the do the things I was trained to do because it wasn't in my job description. The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was in one of the greatest hospitals in the Northern Virginia area! – less
Great Benefits
LPN-Clinical Technicial (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 12, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: poor structure for lpn's, poor staffing
Its a great place to work. Its nice that there are so many departments and locations. It provides some flexibility and opportunities to transfer and try something new, without having to find a whole new job or company.
HR is is not a great place to work.....
Recruiter (Former Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 10, 2013
Pros: friendly coworkers & hiring managers
Cons: high turnover, low morale in department, vindictive hr managers/vp
This department has really high turnover. The employees are not happy due to how management treats them. The Recruiters and Recruitment Coordinators stay in their positions give or take at least 4-6 months....

The overall Inova Health System is a great place to work but beware of HR.
Bad place to work
Clinical Technician (Former Employee), Leesburg, VADecember 10, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: management doesn't have a clue, one has to go out of there way to get time off.
From day one, I was met with lies from the DON and other management. The staff that I worked with were friendly but that did not make up for the rest of everything that went on.
It surprised me that Full time employees make more than PRN. When one needs time off, it is met with resistance from the scheduler and the management. You must have PTO to take – more... off one day, you can't just switch the day with another here, even before the schedule comes out. To ad to it the schedule comes out 2 days before that schedule period.
Quit here for a better place to work. Even with less pay it's worth being cared about. – less
Excellent place to get your feet wet in the Biotech industry
Research Associate (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 4, 2013
Pros: fantastic work environment
Cons: salary is quite low
I am very interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology and applied fundamentals in clinical research. Thus, this is a fantastic place to learn the basics. However, after over four years of having worked here, I do not feel that i am learning as much as i could in industry and corporate biotech firms. Therefore, I bid farewell to Inova in the hopes – more... that I can move on to bigger and better things – less
Excellent
LPTA (Current Employee), Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2013
Pros: learning from eachother
INOVA Mt Vernon Rehab is an excellent environment in which Therapist work well together in reaching patient goals and outcomes.
The Therapist who work there are very dedicated to achieving the goals set for their patients. They go out of their way to care for these patients and help families learn how to care for their family members at home.

About Inova Health System

Inova Health System Foundation provides financial support and assistance to the Inova Health System, which operates about 10 not-for-profit – Read more