Inova Health System Employee Reviews

Great learning platform
Physician Educator/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Great learning platform. Enjoyed my 20 years with organization. The people are helpful and the pride of working here was palpable.
I love working in a medical setting
Medical Secretary School Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 20, 2017
My typical day at work would include me , contacting patients and securing their appts. I learned so much at this job but the most important thing was being empathetic. The management was awesome .
Amazing and productive workplace
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAkfFebruary 17, 2017
Inova Healthcare is a wonderful place to work. A typical day at work is amazing, to help people get better. What I learned is that when people work as a team, things are easier. The management was astonishing. The workplace culture is cool and calm. The hardest part of the job is leaving it. The most enjoyable part of the job is, getting to help others.
Pros
Helping to make patients feel better
Cons
Leaving
This is a great place to work with incentives and bonuses.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Loudoun County, VAFebruary 10, 2017
A great place to work and has outstanding benefits. That is why I am working there part time. They offer great atmosphere to work and reward their nurses with a dinner and recognition of there hard work and best practices.
Pros
Gives lunch passes if you come in and help out on your day off.
comfortable and friendly envieronment
Care Team Assistant (Current Employee) –  44045 riverside parkway Leesburg vaFebruary 9, 2017
Friendly staff, fun environment proud to be a member of INOVA team. willing to do more courses related work requirements.
Poor Management and Leadership Skills
Pharmacy Technician/ Transition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 8, 2017
Overall, poor management and leadership skills through out the hospital. The job itself was simple. Lack of knowledge from leadership made the job difficult.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor leadership
good place to start a career, not to continue
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, VAFebruary 6, 2017
Very poor pay and benefits considering what else is offered at other hospitals and states with unions. No consideration of cost of living. With that being said, great people to work with, great training provided for new graduates.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Structured and Educational
Clinical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 30, 2017
I was able to learn and incredible am amount of information and care techniques while working here. They also offer amazing benefit packages for all full time employees.
Inova Alexandria FCC management was very unorganized
Mother/Baby RN (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Upper management wasn't in tune with her employees. She didn't give the supervisor the autonomy to do her job. The manager was a micro manager. There was no work life balance, equipment was outdated and often didn't work. The documentation system too too much of the staff's time, staff/patient ratio was too high. To much time was taken at the beginning and end of shift for huddle sessions.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Not enough time to devote to patients
I'm leaving
Full-time Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 28, 2017
Middle management is TOTALLY clueless as to how the department works and has thrown me under the bus to look better for other higher ups. Just disgusting. Overwork, underpaid, you do so much and get no thank you for the stress you do. I can't wait to turn my two weeks in.
Inova
Health Educator (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 26, 2017
This position consisted of health services provided to correctional facility, individual clinics, and other health care professional. I enjoyed working for this organization for two years and resigned for military duties.
Pros
Fulfillment
Cons
Commute
A good Place to work
Scheduler/Reg (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 25, 2017
Great place with great people. Every office and / or hospital is different in regards to management. Be careful when transferring from office to office. Sometimes it's not greener on the other side. :)
Good co workers to work with, environment is good and work as a team
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 23, 2017
I work the overnight shift and its busy but working with the other people is easy. We all work together get along as a team and help each other out when need be.
EKG & Cardiac Monitor Technologist (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at this place of employment. Everyone was really nice and treated you like family. I learned some new things in the medical field also, working here.
No career advancement
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Merrifield, VAJanuary 16, 2017
I am leaving the company as I have been passed over for a promotion several times. I can make more $ working elsewhere. I like working in healthcare, but need to go elsewhere for advancement opportunities.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No career advancement
It is a job
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Currently there are budget cuts taking place and turnover taking place. The people that work hard are not being recognized and leaving. The administrative support (EAs, AAs) are being paid what was being paid in 2003. Structure needs to be worked on as well. There is a lot more that can be listed but nothing will be done.
Cons
No transparency and communication could be better
Patient Representative/ Financial coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 12, 2017
INOVA is a great place for growth and opportunities. Fun place to work. Managers are flexible. Doctor's and Staff are amazing.
Professional workplace with room to grow
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 11, 2017
Absolutely love the environment on this level of health care. IHS is an amazing company to work for. Getting your foot in the door at entry level positions is a great way to expand your experience within the health care community.
Needs some improvement
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 8, 2017
Inova as a whole needs improvement in employee satisfaction, pay and flexibility. Typical large hospital with a lot of politics and red tape to go through. It takes away from the patient centered care.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of flexibility, lower pay and disgruntled employees
Productive and practical clinic set up with great staff.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 7, 2017
This clinic has a productive and practical set up with great staff, benefits, and flexibility for a competing family and work balance.
Pros
health and 401k benefits
Cons
Limited PTO

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inova Health System. Our community is ready to answer.