Inovalon Employee Reviews in United States

Newbies don't matter- the culture is really bad
Remote Coding Review Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 27, 2016
Initial training is great at first, but once you're out of the initial training webinars working with the "Leads" has much to be desired. They seemed more concerned with your time card (punching in at exactly 8 am so they don't have to change your time card) Than with the quality of your work. If you are a newbie and you need a few hours off for an appointment or something.. too bad. You can't make up the time because they don't trust you to work after hours (even though they don't answer your questions anyway!) If you are a remote employee, you're on your own. The team meetings consists of the seasoned employees patting in other on their backs, nothing is even addressed regarding new employees. They won't let newbies work on certain projects, but also don't have time to train them.. so you are stuck in new hire status for months. I don't feel welcome, included, or challenged, so I've started to look elsewhere. And believe me if you are a certified coder you have other options.
Pros
Pay is good and remote work
Friendly
(Temp) Call Center/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 17, 2016
Most of the staff are really friendly and easy going. The work is not that difficult. Great hours and decent pay. Unfortunately you have to start as a temp.
Great environment
Clinical Comm Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2016
Such a great place to work in many friendly people. Every day was something new the pay was great. They worked with you if you were in need of help.
productive and consistent
Call Center Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 30, 2016
While collecting data for insurance companies, the work was consistent leaving very little to change or unexpected. The very fact that is was consistent made the work robotic in a way. However, there was little room for error in information that was being provided to customers.
Pros
consistent break times
Cons
days tended to be long due to consistent routine
Great supplemental income and flexibility
Licensed Vocational Nurse - Site Review Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 29, 2016
Great job, mostly doing remote abstractions from home. Sometimes there's enough work to do 12 hr shifts. However, it's not always like that and there are times, sometimes even a week or two when there isn't any work to do at all. It really is great for those who have another stable job and want supplemental income.
Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 25, 2016
It was a nice company to work for. Inovalon was one of the best company's I worked for. I was a temp working for the company.
fun job
Site Data Collector (Current Employee) –  PAApril 12, 2016
I enjoy my job just wish I would get more steady hours. Got a lot of hands on training in different EMR software. I am always in a different place with different people, which is enjoyable.
Pros
millage reembursement
Cons
project based
Inovalon
Registered Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkMarch 31, 2016
Working at Inovalon was a great opportunity in my nursing career. I learned about wellness care and I had the opportunity to learn about being a nurse educator and care coordinator. Management in our program was exceptional. You would not find a better team to work with. Management was supportive and always available. Coworkers were also great and the lines on communication were always open. This was a very nurturing environment. We all wanted to help each other, with a common goal of making sure our patients had the best care and outcomes. The hardest part of the job was the commute. We were expected to travel to various locations in the 5 boroughs and Long Island during the week. With that being said the movement kept things interesting in my 7 years with Inovalon. The most enjoyable part of my day was interacting with our members. I had the opportunity to meet so many people from various cultures and backgrounds. This experience allowed me not only to help them but for me to grow in nursing and increase my cultural competence by being exposed to and challenged with these different cultures in care planning for these members to be successful.
Excellent place to work
Clinical Abstractor (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 30, 2016
Working with Inovalon is a wonderful place to work.
I enjoy the people I work with very much. I have a very rewarding position with Inovalon.
Pros
working from home
Cons
traveling
Average workplace
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 28, 2016
Very busy place of employment.
Cultural diversity
Growth is average
Always hiring
Benefits are average
Management is interesting.
Ability to work from home and on site was positive feature.
HEDIS review nurse, Site Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 24, 2016
Assignments were done by company schedulers, arrive at sites and perform chart reviews online or from actual paper charts. Collect data and insert into pre-loaded format on laptop, consult with contact at site if any questions. Return to home office and connect to internet, upload data collected that day, complete time and travel information log.
Pros
Flexibility w/hours
Cons
No benefits
Very unorganized management, Call center production requirements
Review Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2016
Make phone calls all day to schedule nurses go to physicians office to review medical charts for many health plans. I learned to how schedule appointments. Management is unorganized.Co workers are great. This is a call center environment and must maintain companies production standards
Innovation Over Insight
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 6, 2016
Though this company has high-potential to evolve into an epic force of natural within both the medical and technical industries, senior management and "corporate" lack true insight as to what the real-life capabilities are with the systems, processes, and their associates.
Pros
The company does offer PTO upfront and medical benefits for it's full-time permenant employees.
Cons
Job culture/morale is low. No job security. Limited advancement opportunities.
Great company to learn and grow
Product Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 25, 2016
Inovalon is a great company that gives you insight in the ever changing healthcare landscape. The training and experience you can get from the company helps you grow professionally and to be able to succeed.
If you want to fit a mold this is the place for you.
Medical Record Review Product Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 13, 2016
They hired me and told of a good work and home balance. This did not happen. When I could not find my "proper" place within the team I was seen as not meeting expectations I was never given time to become more outspoken or pushy which is what they wanted. I never had a client compliant or co-worker complaint that I was made aware of.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Direct Managemnt
Awesome and fun work enviorment
Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2016
A typical day at work consist's of making sure we are on top of our work assignments . having the freedom to get up at any given time to interact with co-workers and management and about work related topics or anything you might want to get off your mind really makes the day go faster and makes work less stressful . the most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom and understating, as long you are doing your work and exceeding productivity no is one constantly on your back . the hardest part of the is dealing with technical difficulties .
Pros
free lunches ; work incentives to make things more competitive
Cons
system crashes
Was a very flexible job and allowed me to do work at home.
HEDIS reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 13, 2016
Inovalon was a good company to work for. They were supportive and had adequate training via the computer. I did not meet any of my managers in person, everything was done on line.
Pros
Easy to do at home
Cons
No patient contact.
Good Company to Work For
Site Review Consultant, Remote (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 9, 2016
I have been with Inovalon going on a year. Trained on several projects and have pretty steady work. If you are able to work independently and remain flexible you will do well. The staff and management I've had contact with have been very helpful in my day to day work. Schedule is flexible. I enjoy working remotely as well as on site.
Pros
Flexible schedule, opportunity to learn multiple projects.
Cons
Pay could be better
Needs better job descriptions
Consultant-HEDIS/EQRO-Product Development (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 6, 2016
The hardest part about working for Inovalon is understanding job descriptions. The titles are very vague and does not describe what each individual does for the company. It is very hard trying to get assistance with completing a task because no one seems to know who is responsible for the specific tasks.
Great job to work for!
Field-Based Chart Collector (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 4, 2016
I enjoy the work I perform Inovalon, I go into the field and visit different facilities. There I scan patient files, then when I return home I remote that information to the home office.
Pros
overall I enjoy what I do!
Cons
too much downtime which cause for decrease in hours.