Inovalon Employee Reviews

Nice employees, was good place to work
Clinical Communication Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 21, 2017
I really enjoyed my position with Inovalon, was sad to say that company branch in Tampa, FL had closed. Position was challenging in a good way, staff was very patient with employees. Typical day at work was very busy, good environment to work in.
Pros
Good pay, potential for advancement, good benefits
Cons
could not find any
Great at first
Site Review Consultant (SRC) (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 16, 2017
This job was wonderful for a year...all the hours I could possibly want. Got to go to different sites and if those weren't available, I could work from home...loved that. Get paid the same amount of money and work in my pj's! But after 13 months, wow, they decided to stop using RN's no warning, nothing...just one day got a call that my services were no longer needed but I would be eligible for rehire.
Pros
Set my own hours
Cons
No communication
Horrible.
FIELD REVIEW SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 7, 2017
If you did your job they allowed you to do everyone else. Poor management of the work from home employees. They shut down the Michigan office after lying to there employees for so long. This place is deceitful and lie to there employees to benefit the higher ups pockets.
Very unpredictable
Medical Case Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Dover, MDApril 6, 2017
I could go weeks without an assignment but when those months came, it was often back-to-back work. I really liked working remotely and having such autonomy. They train you really well too. I learned about HEDIS and how to do ICD-10 coding on this job.
great workplace doing innovative things in healthcare space
Senior Manager, Product Management (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 5, 2017
lot of young talented people doing great things. development opportunities for anyone that is interested in learning and advancing their career. lots of flexibility to telecommute/work from home etc
Pros
good work life balance
No job security
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 4, 2017
The company has grown a lot over the last 10 + years. A lot of crisis management and little effective planning. Since going public, falsely inflated projections have been reported by upper management causing multiple layoffs. There is a constant culture of fear regarding your employment status. Work life balance is dependent on your supervisor. Every employee is disposable.
Pros
I learned a lot.
Cons
Everything; Upper management doesn't value their employees or what they have contributed.
Inovalon
Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 13, 2017
Most enjoyable part of working at Inovalon is the people I work with on a daily basis; fulfilling responsibilities and/or duties and achieving productivity standards.

I have learned great time management skills, how to maintain compliance with policies, procedures and mission statement of the company.

Hardest part was learning the company was closing the Lansing office.
Pros
co-workers a great team
Cons
Company closing
All around good place to work
Review Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 12, 2017
I was initially hired as an entry level Review Specialist that handled incoming and outbound calls for many different tasks dealing directly with customer service issues. Within a few months, I was promoted to a Review Specialist II, which along with the promotion came additional responsibilities. In my 14 months at Inovalon, I have learned many new skills and computer programs. I have also learned how to adapt to being able to multitask and be flexible in what I am being asked to do. I think the Lead Review Specialist and I have much the same work ethic and therefore we have been able to work cohesively together. The most difficult part of my job has been scheduling onsite chart reviews in a different state other than Michigan for a Site Data Collector. But once I learned the best way to accomplish this task, it became second nature to me. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with an awesome team of people and being the best that I can be at customer service when on the telephone with medical facilities.
Solid Company
Workforce Manager/Operations Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 8, 2017
Overall solid company, but too many interdepartmental politics play a role with regard to promotions, salary increases, etc. I would work with the company again, but not within the same unit/department.
Very Forward Thinking Company in the early years
Medical coder/reviewer (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 3, 2017
I worked for Inovalon for several years (back when it was MedAssurant). The company was very forward thinking, always current with training and opportunities. I always had a good relationship with my immediate supervisors. However, when the company went public, the loyalty seemed to go by the way....sometimes we would go for days/weeks with hardly any work available and then suddenly a demand for all the overtime you could put in for a short period to catch up on projects. After 7 years, and always good/excellent annual reviews.....I was dismissed with the only explanation that the company was reorganizing.
Pros
Training, IT support, team oriented, usually worked with me on scheduling
Cons
Reorganization of the company after going public left too many unanswered questions, very limited insight into where the company was going and sudden dismissal
Start packing if the share price falls
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 2, 2017
This company is all about making money now. If the share price falls in a quarter, its best to start looking for work because there will be a Reduction in Force coming very soon.
Pros
Competitive Compensation
Cons
Too many to list
Run away as fast as you can
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 2, 2017
They will lie and cover up what is truly going on with the company, which in turn will have you job searching. Have seen company decimate field staff over past year, people with the company for a long time. Upper management will never be straight up honest so you will always feel you are in the dark.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Not enough
Site Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 27, 2017
There isn't too much I would like to say about the company. I did my time there and I would only go back if I needed something very small on the side.
Mixed Bag
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 23, 2017
My career within Inovalon afforded me a number of learning opportunities. I highly enjoy the people I work with directly and they are very effective, but on the corporate level, dollars are the driver for everything since going public. One of those "dollars" decisions is the closure of the Lansing office.
Pros
Learning opportunities, Advancement opportunities, Great local staff
Cons
High insurance costs, Communication issues, Conflicting direction of company
Unorganized company.
Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Everyone works together. Upper management keeps things under wraps until last minute. Things always change. The hardest part is wondering if your job is secure. Inovalon is closing the Lansing Mi office as of 4/29/17. Everyone has a strong work ethic.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks expensive premium for health care
Been years since I worked here I hope it has improved
Sr Data Analyst and DBA, HEDIS (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 21, 2017
When I worked here in 2007 it was horrible. Long hours, too many demands on the employees time. Poor management. I had to work almost every weekend during the HEDIS season.
Pros
Free Cereal
Cons
Long hours, poor management.
Office cubicles
Patient Outreach Representative (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIFebruary 20, 2017
I did enjoy working at Inovalon until last December when the company announced they were closing their Lansing, MI location since they now had a location in AZ and one in MD, they no longer needed this location to remain open.
Pros
good pay, benefits
Cons
Lansing location closing
good place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 20, 2017
Have been with the company for over years, overall, I am satisfied, just wish that the hours were more steady and not so sporadic.
Great company
Office Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoy working here but, this company do have it's up and down at time. Everyone is pretty much friendly in here and some people are motivated as well.
home job
chart fielder reviewer (Former Employee) –  homeFebruary 3, 2017
was done at home no work environment but me the bosses were fair and really did care about much unlike the upper management who terminated us in one day no cause

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6