Inovalon Employee Reviews

Fun work place
Medical Records Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 21, 2018
Inovalon is a good company to work for you get to travel and meet different people

I have learned many new and different medical software and on a typical day at work most of the time you are in the field and the rest at home what I like most about my job is meeting new people.
Stressful/strict
Communications Specialist/Medical Records Review (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 20, 2018
Not a career. I was very unhappy/stressed. The job is easy it’s the managers they don’t care about the workers and quality assurance will rip you up and spit u out.
Pros
Job can be used a a stepping stone to find something better
Cons
The job is stressful. The managers show favoritism. Hard to get a day off. Layoff are often.
Great experience
Administrative Assistant/ Office manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 16, 2018
In all my years at the company I worked with various management teams that were extremely caring and understanding.... I will never regret my experience and years dedicated to the company and appteciate them for the support
Pros
Team work
New Employee
Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
Great company if your as long as your not looking to make a career from it. I can't speak for Corporate employees. I a new employee so I'm still learning required task.
Pros
good experience
Cons
Lack of hours
An overall good company .
Site/ Remote Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 12, 2018
Very good employer, supervisors was always available and helpful . .. not only professional but friendly also.
The Quality Line very helpful .. the questions were discussed not only the answers but also why.. therefore always learning .
Worked mainly 8 hours per day , overtime was often available ( I often worked OT ) ..
The most enjoyable was working from home ..
Pros
Good all around company .
Cons
Training could be better .
Innovative
Manager, Product Execution (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 11, 2018
Multiple locations across the US. Company is growing and has developed for the better since starting work there. Some supervisors do not need to manage people as they are more technical than people focused.
8 hours of reading, filling out forms and meeting production quotas
Remote Coding Data Review, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 9, 2018
I worked there for 9 years. Over that time it changed dramatically. Before it was a publicly traded company, we were able to set our own hours and work at anytime (even the middle of the night) as long as we got the hours in by weeks end.
Once it hit the NYSE they implemented "office hours" even if you worked from home. They started monthly testing and created quotas that were almost impossible to meet.
Several massive layoffs during the last 4 years I was there and I finally got snagged at year 9.
It WAS a great company to work for but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone now.
Pros
Pay was amazing, some flexibility with hours.
Cons
Could be fired or laid off at any time.
Good mission
Senior Director/Product GM (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 8, 2018
People work there because they believe in the mission but the corporate culture, subjective merit and bonus structure and promotional opportunities favor who's liked better vs performer.
Na
Chart Review Nurse Onsite/Remote (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDFebruary 2, 2018
Work was available . Good place to work. Overtime sometimes last for one year. Training was on going. Employees had a bond especially if they worked together on a long project.
Great Experience
Field RN and Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 25, 2018
This contract position changed the course of my career in nursing. Although it was a short-lived position, the orientation was an intense 80 hours. I felt well-prepared for the position when I was in the field, doing the assigned work.
All work was done remotely and the management was lacking. The work assignments varied each day which I found to be stressful and I was disappointed to find that they did not have enough work to justify the intense orientation.
The best thing about this position was that it opened up another work environment, in which I could utilize the knowledge gained from my nursing experience.
After this position ended, I began to explore different coding programs available to me and I have since left nursing without regret.
This position changed my life, as all of my previous jobs had ended because the company had filed for bankruptcy or had been purchased by a larger company.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Not enough work
Employees are not in the loop and management hard to connect with
Medical Coder/Chart Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 21, 2018
After working here for 10 years my position was "dissolved". It was actually outsourced to Puerto Rico. After Hurricane Irma many of us were called back to work only to find that after OT was being offered, I would log on to find that there was no work to be done the next day, thus no available working hours and no pay for the day.

Management is pretty much untouchable and if any questions were asked the "because I said so" mentally pretty much kicked into effect.

Before Inovalon became "public", it was a great place to work. After that happened, not so much. Very sad really,
Pros
Pto, good benefits for FT employees
Cons
Upper management not accessible, questions not answered
RN Review Constultant - project based
Site Review Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJanuary 11, 2018
My work was project based. My typical day consisted of chart review, assigning ICD-9 or ICD-10 codes, entering this information into the companies data collection tool, using scanner or flash drive or electronic file transfer to retrieve required documents
Pros
flexible hours and work schedule
Cons
no input on things that affected my job duties, I had to hear of the upcoming layoffs by those that were laid off before me
Lookin for a steady job
Review Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 10, 2018
Their standards are superior compared to the resources provided. The system isn’t constantly breaking down. The tools do not work. The training process is only 1 week of cramming information and there is no room for advancement. One employee has been here for 11 years and has only been promoted once.
Pros
You can leave early during inclement weather conditions
Cons
Short breaks and inadequate tools and resources
Field Review Nurse
Field Audit Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 27, 2017
It's an okay job but very slow paced and no real interaction with other people. You are sent to provider's office and scan their medical records for certain diagnosis codes and dates. Scanner they gave me usually didn't work which was frustrating. If you aren't sent to an office you are expected to work your hours workely remotely from home with charts that were uploaded on to a secure website. Its nice to work from home but it was very mundane work and I missed interaction with the outside world.
Pros
work from home when not at a provider office, easy job
Cons
mundane work, training had to be performed on Eastern standard time which was pretty early due to me being in AZ
N/a
Field-Based Chart Reviewer -LVN (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 24, 2017
Dispite changes,i enjoy working there. In the beginning management very helpful and understanding. In the end management was unreachable and nt very responsive
I dont recommend this place
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDDecember 19, 2017
Not a great place to work if you want a long term career. If you plan on a short employment time frame just to build experience, this place is for you, but it will be short lived. Most, but not all management micro manages and pushes unobtainable goals.

Enjoyed my equal hourly co-worker relationships and a few management, but most management was not worth getting to know.

I had a fantastic director most of my time with the company along with a few managers. One supervisor was regularly unprofessional always exerting that he was the manager and would make the decisions and tell me what to do. Others let me use my experience and talent freely to benefit the department and company.
Pros
Good pay, good schedules, teamwork at the lowest level
Cons
Ex Management, Upper Management, Micro Manage, disrespect, constant lower and changing benefits
Great
Intern (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 17, 2017
There is diversity in all departments. Employees are given great benefits and included in all discussions about company updates.

Love it

There is nothing else to say
Site Data Collector
Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 8, 2017
Pay was good but they didn't schedule many hours during the week even though your contract states Full-time. The job is easy, you receive info on the providers you must visit, get to the facility and scan medical records. Then at the end of the day, you upload what you scan into their network.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough hours, rules change constantly, not a job you could support yourself with
Very slow paced
Site Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez Municipio, PRDecember 4, 2017
This job was ok but lacks in giving their employees more hours. I was a full time employee but only received an average of 2-10 hours per week. this job also doesn't provide healthcare benefits or dental.
Pros
provides equipment needed to handle job like laptop, scanner, and luggage to carry it all
Cons
hardly any hours given to work
Inovalon
Site Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoDecember 4, 2017
If projects were more constantly paced it's a great company to work. Although is has no benefits the job is very well compensate it. Also is competitive because you learn and keep training all the time.
Pros
salary
Cons
no benefits at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inovalon. Our community is ready to answer.