TITLE: Technical Services Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales
COMPANY: Inovonics Corp.
LOCATION: Louisville, Colorado
Inovonics has more than twenty years of leadership in the design and development of radio frequency electronics, serving the commercial building market with security, submetering, sensor and control applications. Founded in1986 to design and manufacture commercial grade wireless products, Inovonics has developed three generations of wireless sensor network technology. Due to the reliability of Inovonics wireless sensor networks, the company has been trusted to monitor and protect some of the world’s most sensitive sites. More than ten million Inovonics devices have been installed in commercial buildings, including banks, retail outlets, multifamily housing complexes, world heritage sites and health care facilities around the world.
The company is committed to developing and delivering technically superior products and to provide the highest levels of customer support and service. Inovonics strives to provide more complete people protection solutions, and not just building protection solutions, to realize growth and penetration into new markets, such as Emergency Mobile Duress, Hospitals and Sr. Care. Inovonics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, Inc., (NYSE: ROP) a diversified industrial growth company providing engineered products and solutions for global markets.
Manages all aspects of the Inovonics’ Tech Services function, including the development and maintenance of policies, objectives and initiatives to improve or enhance processes that are in line with company goals. The TS Manager will be called upon to make judgment decisions on field support, returned product, and a variety of other related issues. This manager must be able to effectively interface with channel partners, installer personnel and other key customer contacts, including end users. This manager must also interface extensively with all internal departments and work collaboratively to satisfy customer needs in balance with Inovonics’ internal goals and objectives. The TS Manager will be responsible for the continued development and deployment of product and service training to both internal and external audiences.
- Management, motivation, reward and compensation of TS personnel.
- Full budgetary responsibility for TS Groups.
- Training program development and deployment as directed by the VP of Sales and other Executives on approval of such projects.
- Oversee project-based Alpha testing of new products and modified products when required.
- Tracking and reporting of project progress and results to support Inovonics Marketing and Engineering Departments
- Sales support (project – not administrative) and assistance, including follow up phone and email support.
- Management of and possible participation in field service activities as required to maintain customer intimacy and address product issues in the field.
- Participate as a member of Inovonics’ Quality Steering Committee with primary responsibility for implementation and measurement of product return and customer feedback metrics.
- Leadership of interdepartmental process improvement teams as required.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience, preferably in a technical customer service environment. Experience in electronics manufacturing environment highly desirable.
- Strong IT/Telephony experience required.
- Experience operating in a Lean Enterprise highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate, categorize, analyze and improve processes for continuous and break-through improvement.
- Customer-facing capability, which includes excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and the ability to guide others through the critical thinking process.
- SF.com or other CRM experience - automated service, response and analysis tools, web to case, call to case, etc.
INOVONICS CORE VALUES:
Inovonics operates under a set of core values and beliefs that guide our decision making, strategies and daily behaviors. We believe that every individual has limitless potential, and that to realize your potential requires, “The 4 C’s”, Competency, Creativity, Commitment and Collaboration. Inovonics is also committed to continuous improvement. Continuous improvement is based upon creating standard work, and constantly pursuing lean, efficient processes. Change is a constant both inside and outside of the business – we manage for and with change to be successful. At Inovonics, quality is of the highest importance and everyone in the business is responsible for quality. We value honesty, integrity and candor and using these with respect for others. We value diversity of thought and background because they inform us for better decision making.
Inovonics values diversity of thought and background and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.