InsideSales.com

InsideSales.com Employer Reviews

Fun place to work! The CEO flew us all to Hawaii one year for a show of his appreciation! Lots of room to move up in the company.
Marketing (Current Employee), Provo, UtahOctober 6, 2013
Pros: great benifit package, continued education oprotunities, exponential growth of the company, tons of room to move up the ladder!! nice people including upper management.
Cons: you do have to start low and work your way up, i suppose just like any other job out there right now...
I enjoy working for this company, they see hard workers and reward us for the hard work we put in! Environment is a blast! The CEO throws great parties to show his appreciation as well as regular raises! The president is a brilliant teacher giving continued teaching to all of the staff. If you want a great career, Insidesales is the place to work!
Good start after college
Client Services (Current Employee), Provo, UTMay 24, 2013
Pros: lots of autonomy and freedom to learn more, in and outside of your position. good management
Cons: low pay. things take a long time to get done/approved
The company is all about learning new things. They constantly change and update the product, work space, management, and their employees.
This has its ups and downs, but they want to succeed and they want their employees to succeed. It's a good way to enter the sales world with a technology twist and has a lot of potential.
Good team feeling
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 17, 2013
I like working here. Sometimes I think management wasn't the best but overall good.
Toxic culture and horrible wages
BDR (Current Employee), ProvoMarch 23, 2013
Cons: healthcare, toxic culture, pay
I work as BDR as InsideSales.com. A typical day at work included dialing through junk leads that the marketing department provided. Typically they were 2 to 3 years old, and the person did not even work the the company. Aside from the bad pay and subpar benefits sales reps are constantly being screwed out of commissions for any reason management determines – more... fit. Management says no one has been there for very long because they are growing so fast, but it seems most people move onto better paying, less abusive jobs. – less
Excellent Vision, strong communication
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: strong communication from the top, subsidized gourmet lunches, open floor plan (collaboration)
Cons: sub standard compensation, management politics, open floor plan (noise)
The CEO is excellent at selling, and sells our product well to new hires and employees alike. This creates a strong sense of cohesion and community in the company.

A typical day starts at 8:30 am (and runs till 5:30 pm). Get in, review what I worked on yesterday to reinitialize mental state, prepare for the day's work, and then go to the daily stand – more... up meeting for the team, where we all sit and share our accomplishments of the past day and plans for the day. After that it's headphones on and get your code on until lunch. Feature finished, log it in the bug tracker, commit and push it to git, pat self on back, and move on. Lunch I take in the cafeteria, and it's delicious. After lunch, it's back to headphones on coding until the end of the day.

I've learned a lot about software teams, and how we can work together and spread out the work to get things done. I've also learned how to build things quickly when important, and continued to refine my ability to clean up things that were written quickly.

On the whole, management tends to be easy to work with and willing to trust employees to do what they were hired for - being awesome. The best advice I've found about management is - if you don't have fun during the interview, you won't have fun working with them. That said, the CEO typically conducts (or did) final interviews for new hires, and he is fun to be around.

Coworkers tend to be skilled and competent. There are outliers on both sides, but overall I have been quite satisfied with the competence of my coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gobs and piles of software that we've written, interfacing always in interesting ways. The most enjoyable part is pleasing customers - internal or external, making something awesome is a really enjoyable experience, and one that I've had the pleasure of often here. – less
Pretty Terrible
Administration (Former Employee), ProvoFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: you will not be homeless.
Cons: everything else.
Want to start out making 24,000? Then work here. They say they are about opportunity, not compensation nor benefits. Try retiring, supporting your family, etc off of opportunity. They brag about how "awesome" they are and yet they reduced my salary because it was too high.

Only place I have worked where I actually heard other employees talk about mutiny. – more... Very high turnover.

The company is extremely unorganized. Everything is last minute. And they take pride in it because they are "scrappy."

Terrible place. Apply if you are desperate, and then don't stop applying to other places. – less