InsideSales.com Employee Reviews

Awesome People to work with at ISDC!!
Enterprise Executive & Strategic Growth Consultant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 22, 2017
Great opportunity for growth and a great place for attracting Top Notch Talent. Loved the people I worked with and some of my best friends in life have come from insidesales.com.

Great tool that is helping organization with sales teams be more efficient and effective, and ultimately have more meaningful conversations.
Good company that has hurdles to overcome.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 22, 2017
I enjoyed the time that I spent working at ISDC. There are a lot of good people working at ISDC who devote a lot of time and hard work to helping the company succeed. The work/life balance was great, and I never felt like I was spending too much time away from my family. The company is investing a lot of time and effort to ensure their new product is stable and exceeds expectations. If they succeed at that, I think they will succeed as a company.
Pros
Good work/life balance and great people.
Cons
Direction from the executive level changes often and some key executives have left the company.
Unfocused Executive team
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 11, 2017
I work on a great team, but the executive leadership is difficult to work with.

The product is still being built so hopefully we haven't seen the best days here.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers - they hire really well
Cons
Strategic direction of the company is unfocused
Great company to work for
Director/Producer/DP/Sound/Editor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMarch 4, 2017
I love company's culture. It was good working there. The work allowed me very good balance between work hours and rest. Management always communicated effectively and addressed my needs.
Money to be made
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 3, 2017
Many great thought leaders here at ISDC with an urgency around making money.

Product is 2nd to none with lots of positives on the horizon. Waiting isn't always easy but the final product will prove success.
Individual results may vary
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 16, 2016
Very sales driven organization. It's very high pressure to make your number.

If you can handle that there are plenty of things you might like about working there.
Pros
Potential
Cons
Sometimes get caught up on making all the insignificant decisions that should be delegated
Worked as an Intern
Data Scientist Intern (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 10, 2016
I worked there in Provo as an Intern. Amazing company and amazing people. I went there last summer. Good place to be for internship.
Great coworkers
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 20, 2016
I really liked the people I worked with. Everybody there is really smart. Lack of operational communication could sometimes cause confusion.
They are extremely productive and efficitent
Director of Human Resources / Talent Management (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 22, 2015
All of the employees are dedicated and ingrained into the objective of he company.

I Hired people and managed the Human Resources.
be prepared to be micro managed into obivion
Corporate Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2015
Do not accept a sales job at ISDC unless you are willing to be under thumb 24/7.

The last couple of days of each month you will be the used car sales man issuing fire sales on anything and everything to get half baked deals in the door.

Average sale is 4.7 months but mid-market sales is still run on a monthly cadence. Expect only a 90-day ramp and extreme pressure to close BEFORE the ramp is completed.

Expect to self source 90% of your opportunities as Business Development is non-functional.

In a year or two this might be a decent place to work but right now literally EVERYTHING is broken from sales on down to implementation and support. Customer retention is at an all time low.

Do not believe the hype generated by the CEO. The predictive analytics they preach as the next big thing in sales is vaporware still.

While the base they offer is decent, most everyone in mid market is starving to death and only 4-5 reps (out of 20-25) are actually hitting quota.

Proceed at your own risk!
Pros
Pool Table (only for closers), stock options, worked with some good reps
Cons
Extreme turnover, micro-management, unrealistic quotas, no marketing support
Great starting company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 25, 2015
Typical Day:Designs test suites
Writes and executes test cases
Automates test suites
Responds/executes emergency Client
Hotfixes.
Utilized Html 5, Css3, JavaScript,
Selenium, Selenium IDE, Jira, qTest

Management and Coworkers: easy to work with
Hardest: working through the night to meet deadline
Exciting company to work for
Enterprise Business Development (Current Employee) –  Provo, UtahJuly 13, 2015
Exciting company to work for, fun, always changing. Great management team, experienced senior management team. Nice facilities.
Fun and exciting place to work with a great development team.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 1, 2015
InsideSales.com is a rapidly growing company located in Provo, UT. The development team comprised about 20% of the company workforce.
I gained valuable experience in programming in Apex/VIsualForce, Salesforce.com's proprietary language.
Pros
Coke Freestyle vending machine; free snacks
Cons
Development cycle is difficult
"It's a trap!"
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 20, 2014
Just like has been said in other reviews (and look at how many people found helpful rather than the fake reviews marketing and HR posted), the recruiters bait you with promises of "opportunity" and "advancement". This is only partially true, it only creates "opportunity" for you to advance within the company and get a few promotions to make your resume look good. Then you get out as soon as you can find a better job. Turn over at Insidesales.com is unbelievably high.

If you perform, you will get promoted, and quickly. But these promotions come with very meager increases in salary. They are starting MBAs off in customer service at $12.00 and hour. After sIx months of that you get a big promotion to $14.00 an hour! The advancement and opportunity advertisement they hit you with is misleading. Although you can work your way up, when you finally get there the almighty CEO holds all the decision making to himself. You can't even get him to buy chairs for his employees without begging him for a year (still no chairs). People bring their own pens and chairs, and office supplies to work. This is a company with over 250 employees. The wall at the office have exposed studs and we all work in giant rows of IKEA desks. They attribute all this to having a"scrappy" culture, but come see for yourself, this place is a dump, it is a joke.

The culture is toxic. Management does everything at the last minute and is completely disorganized. All power is held by the micromanaging CEO and his lackeys. Projects, purchases, anything waits on the CEOs desk while he goes on vacation or walks
  more... around micromanaging every faucet of the company.

I worked for the administration. So I had a lot of contact with these guys. They are all complete egomaniacs, except for perhaps the CMO, he at least has some credentials and he has direction for the company. Never in my life have I felt this way about a company or a job, I love my current position and get paid double. I also have liked or loved working in every other job I've ever had, but not this one.

If you can't find a job, you can probably survive here long enough to get a little star on your resume, but then get the heck out.
Fun place to work! The CEO flew us all to Hawaii one year for a show of his appreciation! Lots of room to move up in the company.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Provo, UtahOctober 6, 2013
I enjoy working for this company, they see hard workers and reward us for the hard work we put in! Environment is a blast! The CEO throws great parties to show his appreciation as well as regular raises! The president is a brilliant teacher giving continued teaching to all of the staff. If you want a great career, Insidesales is the place to work!
Pros
Great Benifit package, continued education oprotunities, exponential growth of the company, tons of room to move up the ladder!! Nice people including upper management.
Cons
You do have to start low and work your way up, I suppose just like any other job out there right now...
Good start after college
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 24, 2013
The company is all about learning new things. They constantly change and update the product, work space, management, and their employees.
This has its ups and downs, but they want to succeed and they want their employees to succeed. It's a good way to enter the sales world with a technology twist and has a lot of potential.
Pros
Lots of autonomy and freedom to learn more, in and outside of your position. Good Management
Cons
Low pay. Things take a long time to get done/approved
Good team feeling
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 17, 2013
I like working here. Sometimes I think management wasn't the best but overall good.
Excellent Vision, strong communication
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 22, 2013
The CEO is excellent at selling, and sells our product well to new hires and employees alike. This creates a strong sense of cohesion and community in the company.

A typical day starts at 8:30 am (and runs till 5:30 pm). Get in, review what I worked on yesterday to reinitialize mental state, prepare for the day's work, and then go to the daily stand up meeting for the team, where we all sit and share our accomplishments of the past day and plans for the day. After that it's headphones on and get your code on until lunch. Feature finished, log it in the bug tracker, commit and push it to git, pat self on back, and move on. Lunch I take in the cafeteria, and it's delicious. After lunch, it's back to headphones on coding until the end of the day.

I've learned a lot about software teams, and how we can work together and spread out the work to get things done. I've also learned how to build things quickly when important, and continued to refine my ability to clean up things that were written quickly.

On the whole, management tends to be easy to work with and willing to trust employees to do what they were hired for - being awesome. The best advice I've found about management is - if you don't have fun during the interview, you won't have fun working with them. That said, the CEO typically conducts (or did) final interviews for new hires, and he is fun to be around.

Coworkers tend to be skilled and competent. There are outliers on both sides, but overall I have been quite satisfied with the competence of my coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gobs and piles
  more... of software that we've written, interfacing always in interesting ways. The most enjoyable part is pleasing customers - internal or external, making something awesome is a really enjoyable experience, and one that I've had the pleasure of often here.  less
Pros
strong communication from the top, subsidized gourmet lunches, open floor plan (collaboration)
Cons
sub standard compensation, management politics, open floor plan (noise)
Pretty Terrible
Administration (Former Employee) –  ProvoFebruary 18, 2013
Want to start out making 24,000? Then work here. They say they are about opportunity, not compensation nor benefits. Try retiring, supporting your family, etc off of opportunity. They brag about how "awesome" they are and yet they reduced my salary because it was too high.

Only place I have worked where I actually heard other employees talk about mutiny. Very high turnover.

The company is extremely unorganized. Everything is last minute. And they take pride in it because they are "scrappy."

Terrible place. Apply if you are desperate, and then don't stop applying to other places.
Pros
you will not be homeless.
Cons
everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InsideSales.com. Our community is ready to answer.

InsideSales.com Reviews by Location