InsideSales.com Employee Reviews in United States

Great coworkers
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 20, 2016
I really liked the people I worked with. Everybody there is really smart. Lack of operational communication could sometimes cause confusion.
Great starting company
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 25, 2015
Typical Day:Designs test suites
Writes and executes test cases
Automates test suites
Responds/executes emergency Client
Hotfixes.
Utilized Html 5, Css3, JavaScript,
Selenium, Selenium IDE, Jira, qTest

Management and Coworkers: easy to work with
Hardest: working through the night to meet deadline
They are extremely productive and efficitent
Director of Human Resources / Talent Management (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 22, 2015
All of the employees are dedicated and ingrained into the objective of he company.

I Hired people and managed the Human Resources.
Fun and exciting place to work with a great development team.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 1, 2015
InsideSales.com is a rapidly growing company located in Provo, UT. The development team comprised about 20% of the company workforce.
I gained valuable experience in programming in Apex/VIsualForce, Salesforce.com's proprietary language.
Pros
Coke Freestyle vending machine; free snacks
Cons
Development cycle is difficult
be prepared to be micro managed into obivion
Corporate Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 1, 2015
Do not accept a sales job at ISDC unless you are willing to be under thumb 24/7.

The last couple of days of each month you will be the used car sales man issuing fire sales on anything and everything to get half baked deals in the door.

Average sale is 4.7 months but mid-market sales is still run on a monthly cadence. Expect only a 90-day ramp and extreme pressure to close BEFORE the ramp is completed.

Expect to self source 90% of your opportunities as Business Development is non-functional.

In a year or two this might be a decent place to work but right now literally EVERYTHING is broken from sales on down to implementation and support. Customer retention is at an all time low.

Do not believe the hype generated by the CEO. The predictive analytics they preach as the next big thing in sales is vaporware still.

While the base they offer is decent, most everyone in mid market is starving to death and only 4-5 reps (out of 20-25) are actually hitting quota.

Proceed at your own risk!
Pros
Pool Table (only for closers), stock options, worked with some good reps
Cons
Extreme turnover, micro-management, unrealistic quotas, no marketing support
Exciting company to work for
Enterprise Business Development (Current Employee) –  Provo, UtahJuly 13, 2015
Exciting company to work for, fun, always changing. Great management team, experienced senior management team. Nice facilities.
Fun place to work! The CEO flew us all to Hawaii one year for a show of his appreciation! Lots of room to move up in the company.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Provo, UtahOctober 6, 2013
I enjoy working for this company, they see hard workers and reward us for the hard work we put in! Environment is a blast! The CEO throws great parties to show his appreciation as well as regular raises! The president is a brilliant teacher giving continued teaching to all of the staff. If you want a great career, Insidesales is the place to work!
Pros
great benifit package, continued education oprotunities, exponential growth of the company, tons of room to move up the ladder!! nice people including upper management.
Cons
you do have to start low and work your way up, i suppose just like any other job out there right now...
Pretty Terrible
Administration (Former Employee) –  ProvoFebruary 18, 2013
Want to start out making 24,000? Then work here. They say they are about opportunity, not compensation nor benefits. Try retiring, supporting your family, etc off of opportunity. They brag about how "awesome" they are and yet they reduced my salary because it was too high.

Only place I have worked where I actually heard other employees talk about mutiny. Very high turnover.

The company is extremely unorganized. Everything is last minute. And they take pride in it because they are "scrappy."

Terrible place. Apply if you are desperate, and then don't stop applying to other places.
Pros
you will not be homeless.
Cons
everything else.
Toxic culture and horrible wages
BDR (Current Employee) –  ProvoMarch 23, 2013
I work as BDR as InsideSales.com. A typical day at work included dialing through junk leads that the marketing department provided. Typically they were 2 to 3 years old, and the person did not even work the the company. Aside from the bad pay and subpar benefits sales reps are constantly being screwed out of commissions for any reason management determines fit. Management says no one has been there for very long because they are growing so fast, but it seems most people move onto better paying, less abusive jobs.
Cons
healthcare, toxic culture, pay
Good start after college
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 24, 2013
The company is all about learning new things. They constantly change and update the product, work space, management, and their employees.
This has its ups and downs, but they want to succeed and they want their employees to succeed. It's a good way to enter the sales world with a technology twist and has a lot of potential.
Pros
lots of autonomy and freedom to learn more, in and outside of your position. good management
Cons
low pay. things take a long time to get done/approved

Want to know more about InsideSales.com?

Ask a question
Good team feeling
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 17, 2013
I like working here. Sometimes I think management wasn't the best but overall good.
Excellent Vision, strong communication
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 22, 2013
The CEO is excellent at selling, and sells our product well to new hires and employees alike. This creates a strong sense of cohesion and community in the company.

A typical day starts at 8:30 am (and runs till 5:30 pm). Get in, review what I worked on yesterday to reinitialize mental state, prepare for the day's work, and then go to the daily stand up meeting for the team, where we all sit and share our accomplishments of the past day and plans for the day. After that it's headphones on and get your code on until lunch. Feature finished, log it in the bug tracker, commit and push it to git, pat self on back, and move on. Lunch I take in the cafeteria, and it's delicious. After lunch, it's back to headphones on coding until the end of the day.

I've learned a lot about software teams, and how we can work together and spread out the work to get things done. I've also learned how to build things quickly when important, and continued to refine my ability to clean up things that were written quickly.

On the whole, management tends to be easy to work with and willing to trust employees to do what they were hired for - being awesome. The best advice I've found about management is - if you don't have fun during the interview, you won't have fun working with them. That said, the CEO typically conducts (or did) final interviews for new hires, and he is fun to be around.

Coworkers tend to be skilled and competent. There are outliers on both sides, but overall I have been quite satisfied with the competence of my coworkers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with the gobs and piles
  more... of software that we've written, interfacing always in interesting ways. The most enjoyable part is pleasing customers - internal or external, making something awesome is a really enjoyable experience, and one that I've had the pleasure of often here.  less
Pros
strong communication from the top, subsidized gourmet lunches, open floor plan (collaboration)
Cons
sub standard compensation, management politics, open floor plan (noise)

2.8