Insight Enterprises, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good company to work for. Managers respond well to questions.
Deskside Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Managers respond well to questions and requests for help. Team meetings are available. They help with any problems with pay.
Pros
Not micromanagers.
Cons
Contract work
Great company to work for
Partner Champion (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 17, 2017
Insight provides many opportunities for growth and development.I recommend IT peers to look into Insight if you're interested in learning the IT world.
There ia no work/life balance.
Sales Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMarch 8, 2017
The people were wonderful!!!There is no work/life balance. In this day and age, telecommuting should be an option available to all employees, Taller cube walls or a sound reduction insulation is needed. Too noisy!!
Pros
People
Cons
Distance
Keeping up with technology
Computer Hardware Engineer (Break\fix) (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
Insight is a great place to keep up with the latest technologies. As the modern world evolves, Insight will aid in training and hands on experiences. Insight also has great benefits.
Good
Server Technician at Chase Bank (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2017
Responsive management team
Will inform you on project longevity.
Good benefits. Paid major holidays.
Opportunity for advancement within the organization?
Productive and energetic workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
Love the work environment. My manager is awesome and is always leading us into a positive effective environment. The ability to learn more and progress more.
Pros
Cons
Job Security
Great Place to Work
Director of Application Development (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 28, 2017
Great Place to Work -Exciting, challenging and fun place to work. You will never be bored as every day is something new. Overall a great place for a carreer.
High energy and motivational company
Inside Sales - Account Executive-Sled (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 25, 2017
Building and managing book of business and driving the full sales cycle from initial contact to close.

Develop relationships with Insight’s partners including industry leaders including Microsoft, HP, Lenovo and VMware.

40 to 50 phone calls a day

Average number of quotes 10 to 15 a day
Pros
Supportive teammates
Cons
compensation plan
Insight is a wonderful company. However, it is a bit unorganized with all of their different processes.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 20, 2017
* A typical day at work consists of making 40 cold calls, getting out quotes to your customers, maintaining strong relationships with existing clients, ensuring that your up to date on all the current training's, and handling anything extra that may come up.

* Before working here I knew very little about information technology, and thanks to Insight I now have a high level knowledge of many things IT related. I have really enjoyed learning about IT, and how vital having good technology is in order to have a successful business.

* My immediate management is wonderful! She fights for her team and does everything in her power to make sure each and everyone of us is successful. The management higher than that I don't know a whole lot about. As an account manager I do not have direct contact with anyone past my immediate manager. I do feel like it is a struggle to get issues or glitches fixed in a timely manner. This may or may not be upper managements fault. Insight is a huge company so I understand that it is difficult to keep things running perfectly all the time. All in all I believe management is good.

*The workplace culture is phenomenal! One thing I really like about Insight is their "In It Together Foundation." This is a program set up for employees to be able to contribute a certain amount ($1-$20) of their paycheck, so that if tragedy strikes a teammate there are funds set back to help them through their tough time.

*The hardest part of the job is definitely the cold calling. Not because the act itself is necessarily difficult, but because it is challenging
  more... to turn a cold call into new business.

*The most enjoyable part of the job is finding the perfect IT solution for my clients business, and then learning how it positively impacted their business.
Cons
healthcare
Fun employer to work for.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2017
Great work environment and teamwork. Managed projects that fit perfect with my skill set. Company had caring management style and had a ton of fun during my time with the company.
Pros
Fun company to work for.
Cons
Low compensation.
Positive experience
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Supportive coworkers and a supportive, flexible manager who allowed me to have a flexible schedule. They didn't pay overtime, but that only meant that I usually finished my 40 hours and was home by noon on Fridays.
Pros
Good people to work with, flexible manager
Cons
Nothing that I could identify. The work didn't last so I only got one contract, but that's not necessarily their fault.
Overall great place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJanuary 29, 2017
Working at Insight is fairly easy. A typical work day goes fairly smooth. There is the occasional argument with a co-worker just like any where else. Insight is welcoming place with great benefits and hard working people.
Pros
Benefits, staff parties, constructive feedback
Cons
minimal room for advancement
Great work enviornment where we were rewarded for our hard work.
Quote Desk Representative (QDR)/ Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 22, 2017
The culture of this company was great and I really felt that management did everything in their power to make sure we succeeded in our perspective jobs.
Pros
Freaquent events with teammates to build comrodery.
Cons
With multiple waves of layoffs during my tenure at this company, I never really felt secure in my position.
Energetic and fast paced work environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 16, 2017
Build meaningful relationships with tier one manufacturers as well as our clients to provide the best IT Solutions.

Directly interact with clients to insure implementations of idealized solutions.

Ensure proposals fit a Just Right IT model for any customer with regards to scalability, economics, and implementation restrictions.

Prospect into zero spend accounts through fact based conversations.
Good work culture with trust in their employees
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Insight was a nice company to work for providing service to Chase Bank with regard to computer break/fix, installation, relocation of Chase Bank's computer hardware and related peripheral equipment.
Assignments were dispatched on a daily basis in the morning, good communication with the project and department coordinators.
Pros
Good pay, relaxed culture, great team members
Cons
Poor interdepartmental communication, large projects tended to be poorly planned.
Would not recommend to anyone.
System & Project Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Would not recommend to anyone. New management of the ICC team very hard to work with and unwilling to compromise. Lost a lot of good people on that team because of the changes.
Fun Environment
Data Center Specialist (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 4, 2017
Working at Insight Enterprise is fun environment to work in and I enjoy the people here. The leadership is very professional and knowledgeable. Overall Insight is a great company.
Great place to work for
Special cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 31, 2016
Great place to work for Great benefits and room to grow. They really care about employees and invest a lot of resources on them to ensure they are successful.
Great management
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 8, 2016
Management is great, no complaints. Recommend anyone to work here long time. Never had any issues with the company even if I was remote. Had everything taken care of for me. Very smooth transition into the company!
Fun Job
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 4, 2016
Expert licensing advisor for SAP Business Objects and IBM who provides sales support for Account Managers, Field Account Executives and customers. Achieved success through proactive efforts in cold calling, marketing and education of manufacturer’s information to the account sales reps.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insight Enterprises, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Insight Enterprises, Inc. Reviews by Location