Insight Global

Insight Global Employee Reviews

Lack of communication
Consultant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Fast Placement
Cons: Lack of communication, organzation, and a high level of inexperience and immaturity in their staff
Insight Global contacted me at their Tampa office to accept a contract position for one of their downtown clients, which I did. The position was supposed to last 6 weeks, but lasted 6 days for me. I was OK with that part of it, because jobs come and go as far as temp work is concerned, but there were other issues.

For one, the staff at the IG office were sort of immature - most of them looked like tryouts for cheerleading or something, and they couldn't seem to organize themselves well. I had to make 3 trips to Tampa just to sign one onboarding document each trip, which living 23 miles away proved to be somewhat of a burden. Also, communication was poor, and especially it seems when it comes to payroll - I am still owed one day's pay, and am still trying to get with them to receive it, but their webpage doesn't assist you with anything - nonexistant "Captchas," no response to password reset requests, etc. I am hoping that this is just a fault of the Tampa office and is not indicative of the entire company.
A decent staffing company as they go.
Storage Administrator (SMO Project SAN team lead) (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
I got a phone call that they were looking for someone who had my skills and that their client needed Storage administrators for a project. I sent them my resume and got a call back shortly, and asked if I could start tomorrow. As a staffing company the experience was good, had dealt with many worse, and they actually offered medical/dental and 401k at your expense of course. So they offer more than most, but they are a pretty large staffing organization.
Contracting Agency
Cricket Support (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 26, 2015
This contracting agency placed me with GameStop Inc. for a position on the Cricket Support team. Beforehand they had me at the Point of Sales Help Desk with GameStop Inc.

I was outsourced from the Point of Sales Help Desk. The Cricket Support teams budget was low and the work was easy once I automated it so it was a small contract.

Overall Insight Global did their job in getting me placed at contracts. Once the last one completed I did not receive a lot of feedback on new positions even when calling daily.
Great Place to Contract For!!!!
Communications Engineer (Former Employee), 2551 Riva Rd. Annapolis MDAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment, Excellent Benefits, Wonderful work Culture
Cons: None to speak of
I have enjoyed working with Insight Global. I have been a contractor for a number of years and I have found that Insight Global is a trustworthy and reliable contracting firm that delivers on their employment promises. While working as a contractor I have never worried about my employment status or the quality of the support personnel at Insight Global. I would recommend Insight Global to anyone wanting to work as a contractor.
Good agency for temporary work
Medical Assistant/ Medical Conversion Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: nothing
Very compassionate about their employees. Work with special unforeseen problems and communicate with employees.
Great coworkers and supervisors.
All good
Security Administrator (Former Employee), Rosemont, ILAugust 26, 2015
Over 19 years of successful network administration and desktop support experience.
Proficient in planning, designing and installing of hardware and software ranging from procuring and troubleshooting to integrating and testing systems for optimal functionality. Managed sites encompassing up to 3000 users. Lotus Notes Administration and Identity Management at Abbott Laboratories. Member of Information Security Risk & Fraud management team in HSBC/Capital One banking environment. ISR Application access Management. Handled inventory and asset management as well as reconciliation systems. Performed daily inventory of more than 300 computers in 49 recruiting stations at Navy Recruiting District of Chicago. Team Leader of seven members migration team for Win XP to Win 7 upgrade project.

• Network Administration • Security Administration • Lotus Notes Administration
• Risk & Fraud Management • Consulting • Project Management
• Technical Support • Deployment/Migrations • Customer Service
Extremely helpful and caring staff
Contract Employee (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 21, 2015
Insight Global staff whom I worked with was always helpful, answering all my questions, and thorough with the information she provided. I could tell that their employees work hard and do their research in order to be the best help for me. The staff follows up with me making sure the process goes smoothly.
Kenya Wilson's Review
QA Lead (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Creating documentation, meeting new people, learning new things, the actual test events and successful implementations
Cons: Long meetings (though I know they are necessary), short windows
A typical day at work for me begins with a cup of hot coffee. I attend all walk-through meetings, among other standing meetings. I go to my desk and create/continue any documentation needed for the position (Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Scripts, etc.). If I am the Lead, I have a meeting with my team to make sure they are on point with what they are doing. I make sure the testing environment is up and, if it is, I send an email to my team letting them know they can begin work; if not, I contact the appropriate team to see when it will be available and send out an email to my team to let them – more... know. At the end of the testing event for the day, I run a Test Summary and do a final check on my audit trail for that day. After shutting everything down and packing everything up, I go home for the day.

What I have learned is that I have to know how to deal with all personalities types in a positive way. I have learned many new skills on each project I go on and I look forward to it. The hardest part of my job is usually attending meetings all day. I'm more of a doer than someone who sits, but I know meetings are a necessary and vital component to what I do. The most enjoyable part is my work. I love creating documentation, testing and working with others. I am an active team member who enjoys getting down in the trenches with those I work with. After working as a Quality Assurance / Business Analyst for so many years, I have this role down and I do it well. – less
Perfect for a college grad
Technical Recruiter (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good culture, good benefits, perfect transition job right out of college
Cons: Long work hours, very repetitive, low pay at the start
The job itself is not very difficult, you spend the majority of your day looking at resumes and calling people to see if they would be a good fit for the job. Everyone is friendly and willing to help. There are a lot of perks, but it just wasn't the job for me.
Productive and Enjoyable Place To Work
.Net Developer (Current Employee), Conway, ARAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Work Laptops, Personal Work Desks, Good Pay Rates
Cons: N/A
This is a great company, because of the professional management staff, good pay rate, and benefit plans. The ability of having personal laptops are a plus.
Fast paced, lots of opportunity
Contractor (Current Employee), CharlotteAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Helpful, friendly, upbeat
Cons: none that I can think of
Insight was able to find and place me in a job very quickly. They are quick to answer all of my questions and are available all the time to address them. My recruiter checks in from time to time just to make sure everything is going well, that's service!
Fast paced, up-beat office environment
Financial Recruiter (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 14, 2015
Insight Global offers an environment that aids their employees to enjoy their time at work. Insight Global is a great opportunity to form professional relationships and build a career.
Good for post grads looking to get into sales
TECHNICAL RECRUITER (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2015
The company definitely provides a fun work environment for post graduates. Employees are given a great deal of responsibilities to expand their skill set. However, it is most of management's first job and the turnover rate is high.
Great, Hard Working Team of Professionals
Technical Architect (Current Employee), Kansas City MOAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Working at a market-leading company, responsive team at Insight Global has my back if ever need anything
Cons: Office is too far to bike from my house, but worth the drive
I love the job I have via Insight Global. I work as a contractor at one of their client's locations. The client is a very highly regarded tech firm in the suburbs. My manager is supportive and one of the nicest people I know.
The work I'm doing is challenging but I leave each day knowing that I've learned alot, and the others in my team are always eager to teach me new things.
I would recommend Insight global. They have well developed relationships with the companies everyone wishes they worked for.
Typical Day
Sites Tech (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2015
Ticket system to check incidents, Change orders, and requests. Checked dedicated ticket system for issues. Troubleshoot linux systems and dell hardware. Reboots as needed. Hardware swaps for HDDs, PSUs, chassis, and memory. Troubleshoot hardware and software firewall issues.

Learned many more linux troubleshooting commands.
contracting company with no real involvment in everyday work
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJAugust 4, 2015
Pros: easy to work with
Cons: none
Great company and work ethics, however, they are recruiters and job placement companies that work to fill up jobs for other fortune 500 companies. No real interaction after you get hired.
The best IT staffing agency I have ever been apart of!
IT Application Support Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 30, 2015
I was employed on a 6 months contract initially then was brought on full time after 3 months by the contractor! Great placement and great advancement!
Great Place/People to work With
Network Admin (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Recruiting Process. Placement. Pay
I only had the pleasure to work with Insight Global for 4 months before i was converted to permanent by the company. Although my work with this company was for a short period of time. from the very beginning my experience with Insight global was excellent. They are good at communication and the recruiters are very good at knowing where to place their candidates. I’ll definitely recommend to work with them. You’ll be in good hands.
JM&A Group, Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 17, 2015
Pros: breakroom
Cons: break times
A Great Experience All Around
Front End Developer (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2015
Cons: None
From the very beginning my experience with Insight Global was excellent. Every individual I dealt with had fantastic communication skills. They were all Super-friendly staff and highly professional. Not to mention that the opportunity they had for me was really great.
Headquarters