Job Title: Therapist
Insightful Minds, Inc. is a mental health center that provides outpatient therapy and psychiatry services. We are seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join our team. This is a 15-30 hour per week contract position. There is potential for contract therapists to be offered full-time positions with paid benefits in the future.
The contract Therapist will perform individual, couples, and family therapy for clients of the center. Group therapy is also a possibility for this position, but is not required. Therapists will be asked to see clients that match to their specialties and experience. There are child, adolescent, and adult clients at the center and it is acceptable for Therapists to specialize in only one age demographic. Therapists will be required to supervise Associate Clinical Social Workers.
Therapist must be willing to work in a collaborative environment with other mental health specialists and support staff to provide the best overall client care. Therapist will report to the Medical Director.
Therapist must have extensive therapy experience in one or more of the following mental health diagnostic categories: Anxiety, ADHD, Depression. Other diagnostic categories of expertise that are desired, but not required, include: Autism, Asperger's, Bi-polar, OCD, ODD, PTSD.
There is no particular therapy approach that is required. However, the therapist's expertise with a specific approach and the ability to use it to successful outcomes is important.
Only Licensed Clinical Social Workers with the State of California will be considered for this position.
1. Possession of a valid California Driver License.
2. Possession of a valid license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker issued by the California State Board of Behavioral Sciences. Licensure must be maintained in good standing (License Status: CLEAR).
3. Must have completed or must be willing to complete a minimum of 15 hours of supervisor training, such that candidate can officially supervise Associate Clinical Social Workers.
4. Must have performed therapy throughout a minimum of 2 of the past 5 years, which is a requirement for official supervision of Associate Clinical Social Workers.
5. Must be willing to submit to detailed background checks including Live Scan.
When applying, please do the following:
1. Contact our office by email only.
2. Attach a resume.
3. Specify your availability for a start date.
4. Specify your availability for working hours.