Insignia Technology Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great Workers, but Volatile Situation
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 19, 2015
Solid, professional players abound, due to charismatic outreach during initial recruiting and promise of interesting work. Once on board though, the situation is much different for nearly all hires, with unrealistic expectations and belittling comments from execs made both in front of others and behind workers' backs. The workload is very heavy for the team members directly working on contracts. Corporate staff members seem to have a slightly better schedule, though they are even less insulated from executive leadership's inappropriate remarks, volatile temperament and general underhanded methods. Many people stick it out through initial frustrations because market niche is really intriguing, but after multiple beatings (verbally), employees generally depart when other opportunities arise. For those that don't, leadership fuse is very short when hiccups in contracts occur, and people are let go with little-to-no warning. The revolving door is a major reality at Insignia, more so than anywhere I'd ever witnessed or really even imagined before. Because of these things, much of the time spent working feels like a dark cloud is hanging over the staff. There is so much promise in the organization, it's a shame that growth will always be stunted because of these factors.
Pros
Interesting, Complex Projects
Cons
Expensive Benefits
Relaxed workplace with the same daily objective
Data Quality Analyst/Health information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 26, 2015
Contract work and is not a permanent position, but a great start for recent graduates. The work environment is cubicle style and very secure. The work schedule is Mon- Fri with weekends off.
Good, Bad and Ugly
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 30, 2014
Have enjoyed the time with the company, camaraderie is great, and great learning experience.

Learned to do more than what "Job Title" and "job Description" called for out of necessity to make the contract succeed and deliver on time and budget because of the unwillingness to hire additional personnel to support. Working more than 40 hours on a salary-based wage leads to long days, out of balance work-life cycle and it is expected to have at least 45+ hours/week....straight out of the VP's mouth.

Job security is a concern; highest turn-over rate I have seen for a company. Long-range strategic planning impedes the short-term sustainment of the work-force and impacts morale and breeds fear when you see your co-workers get let go after being told they had work lined up...and the job is posted as vacant on the company website. Personal conflicts invade and take over what should be business. Nothing like getting a phone call on a Friday you take off to be told you have been let go, your stuff will be in a box and ready to go (has happened a few times already)

Do not get me wrong, I like the work, stuck around for some time, but it takes a toll on family when I bring work home and have to ignore them to get stuff done and turned in on time to meet deadlines because of manning shortages. Just not fair to have each team member to do the work of 2+ people without compensation, consideration, or support. People get pulled of your team to go and put out the fire created by another program that was poorly staffed from the get go. Yeah, we won a new contract....Oh Crud, we won a new contract....how
  more... do we staff it?! Ah, steal from Peter to pay Paul. Now you have created two broken programs and it grows exponentially.

Try working a week and not getting comp time and when you take a day off ( 8 hours) you get charged the whole time despite having worked 50+ hours on top of everything else.

Treated like this is a military operation, but it is not....get that the leadership is prior military and appreciated. But I am not a drone/grunt to be barked at, and expected to work long to support a contract...it is a contract...not National Security which I could understand for the long hours and would do it.
Pros
free soft drinks, coffee, pretzels, and great co-workers. benefits are not too shabby either.
Cons
expectation of long hours, unbalanced personnel support for programs/contracts, high turner over rate, inconsistent leadership
Okay for a small company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 21, 2013
Okay fo;r a small company, but not a lot of room for growth. Seems to be a lot of turnover.
Great Company
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 26, 2013
Great place to work and grow your career. Enjoy the people and work ethic of peers.
Pros
able to create a career for yourself, leaders see the potential, leaders desire to mentor those qualities
Small company with significant issues
Architect (Former Employee) –  Newport News VASeptember 28, 2012
The boss likes to yell. He doesn't get the facts straight and is willing to "dress-down" an employee in front of colleagues, even without all the facts. Highest turnover rate I've ever seen at a company. The boss likes to hire bright young kids fresh out of school to get them cheap, but this also means you'll be working with bright minds and energetic people, at least until they find a less destructive work environment.
Pros
good colleagues, interesting projects
Cons
bad leadership, personality of owner is pervasive

Comment – February 21, 2013

The above mentioned comment is very inaccurate. First, the boss is very fair well respected and well liked. He is a natural mentor to the employees. Insignia is a very pleasant place to work. I look forward to coming to work each day. The employees are like family and the company takes care of its own. Secondly, our company has actually one of the lowest turnover rates amongst government contractors in the industry. Anyone that works for a government contractor already knows there is always a chance for layoffs due to government budget cuts and contracts coming to a close. Both of which are out of the hands of the actual employer.

Productive and Fun to learn
Migration Contractor - Under the Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 6, 2012
doing the same thing everyday.
different senario has lots of options
None managed
funny to work
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
short break or no break at all
Great company to work for
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSAugust 30, 2011
Insignia is the third in my short list of employers, but in only a year and a half, they have really come to be one of the best I have ever worked for. Even though headquarters is in Virginia, I feel like they are close by. The communication between everyone is fantastic. Every time I've had an issue, someone has had an answer in a timely fashion. I have not come across an unhelpful person at all. Insignia cares about their employees and I have had first hand experience with this on multiple levels. I cannot express how much their support has meant to me since I started. I would love to work for Insignia for as long as possible because I agree with their ethics and values.