Title: Sr. Data Architect
Compensation & Benefits: Competitive
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job Type: Full time
About Insikt: Is a fast growing innovative startup that is revolutionizing the financial technology space.
- Insikt is seeking a highly motivated Data Architect who is passionate about innovation/disruption in the Fintech space and eager to learn and grow. This person would be joining a very talented team of Engineers with years of experience building disruptive innovative technology solutions for industry pioneers.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, energetic, driven and looking to create great applications with cool technologies that are fast and ultra scalable. The ideal candidate posse’s strong leadership skills to eventually build and manage a small team.
Serves as the lead technical resource in the strategic oversight and planning of data models and database structural design and development. Oversees the design, evaluation, selection, implementation and support of major databases and metadata structures; reviews and evaluates database performance, risk and financial analysis feasibility studies. Monitors industry trends and directions; develops and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management.
Develops data and metadata policies and procedures for structural design and development to build, maintain and leverage the data model, ensuring integration with corporate data standards. Provides extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level to senior managers and technical resources in the creation and implementation of new data standards and databases.
Provides technical oversight and direction to designated boards for integrating new technology or major new mission capabilities into the metadata and data standards and structures. Provides complete assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered to optimize database performance. Reviews and assesses technical proposals requesting changes or upgrades to the existing databases.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to work effectively across functional teams
- Knowledge of industry and data standards and architectures
- Thorough knowledge of design and integration principles for complex, heterogeneous databases
- Ability to effectively diagnose, isolate, and resolve complex problems pertaining to data infrastructure
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendations regarding data integrity
- Ability to develop methods of ensuring data incompatibilities among systems are systematically eliminated
- Ability to project database resource requirements including personnel, software, equipment and facilities.
- Ability to maintain currency on tools, methodologies, and technologies
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
- Strong financial services domain knoweldge
B.S. or higher
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard