Insomnia Cookies Employee Reviews in United States

Inconsiderate Managers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 24, 2016
I was a delivery man and barely received any tips. I am paid only from tips. I had difficulty delivering by bike since it was cold and snowing outside. I had to let go of the job because they called me during a snowstorm and ordered I come in or I am fired. I decided to tell them I quit cause my health and safety is more important.
Pros
Good cookies
Cons
Bad pay
This job was awful!
Deliver D (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJune 16, 2016
I was just a delivery driver.
At this job you don't get to always work the hours you are scheduled, you might get sent home early or be expected to stay late. There was no raises, no benefits, no room for advancement.
Management is not good here.
Pros
Free cookie when you work.
Cons
too many cons to list here.
Incompitent mangement and rude coworkers
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 14, 2016
I worked as a shift lead, opening the store in the mornings. I would have to sometimes clean up after night side. I also always had to pay for parking, $10.00-$12.00 a day, getting paid less then the delivery drivers, who were generally disrespectful.
Pros
free shift cookie, easy mornings
Cons
no breaks, coworkers
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 9, 2016
The pay is competitive, the late nights can be rough but the manager does a great job with scheduling so you are not working when you have class the next morning. The people you work with are fun and you always smell like cookies
Pros
Smell like cookies, management, coworkers, fun and easy
Cons
Late nights
Overall I had a good time working here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHJune 4, 2016
It was a nice place to work as a part time job. However, I couldn't see myself working there as a career. My fellow employees were all extremely welcoming and a diverse group of people.
Insomnia Cookies
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 17, 2016
i love everything about my job, the only thing that irritates me is that i use my own car and gas. Coworkers are awesome and management is super cool and understanding.
Not a pleasant company or job.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 30, 2016
Constantly understaffed, no breaks even for 8+ hour shift, no time for meals, no backup on busy nights, no benefits for full time employees, low pay, unpredictable scheduling, poor communication, etc.

Poorly managed, inconsiderate work place.

Plus side is a good smelling work place.

Would not recommend. You're better off at a Walmart or fast food chain at this job level.
Pros
Free cookie each shift
Cons
No breaks. None. Not even for meals during all day/night shifts.
Previous Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Unknown, USAApril 11, 2016
I used to be a GM for an Insomnia. The success of the business is hindered by terrible communication from the Director(Area Manager) and higher to the store. I would need an answer to a question and my boss could never give me a straight answer!

I will tell you dedicated Delivery Drivers can make more than the shift leaders. I remember some drivers averaging $20 an hour or a little higher. Depends on the location.

My director always had his head up his a**! Cared more about himself then anything! My first director was awesome but the new one sucked! I also put in my two week notice in with a long letter to my boss. To only be cut two days later without a notice! Low ball move!

My crew and in store staff were awesome and I wish they could've come with me to my new job! Loved them! F off to the higher ups that do nothing in the store!
Pros
Perfect for students or those looking for a second job, drivers are basically on break the whole shift.
Cons
No breaks, high cost insurance, high taxes for in store employees, poor communication outside the store.
Cool place to work
Baker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2016
The best part about working there is the college environment around the store. Management isn't overbearing, co- workers tend to do their jobs and help out others when they can.
Great Job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAMarch 16, 2016
Love working at Insomnia. Good atmosphere. Drama free. Great Communication between co workers. Can be a fast past job at times but you get through it. Just come in answer the calls make customers happy and you'll be great here.
Fun and easy-going work environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2016
Job was pretty good, the work was very dependent on how busy the store was. If it was empty, you wouldn't have a lot of work, but on the weekends it got very packed making it very fast-paced. However, the job overall was pretty simple and it was a lot of fun because the co-workers and manager were all great. The pay was sub-optimal and the hours were very late, but that's why they're called Insomnia Cookies.
Pros
Cons
Hours, Pay
Decent
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 2, 2016
Love the delivery business but was never informed I would be a independent contractor figure I was an employee because I had a set schedule and filled out tax information. Now I have to pay in on taxes this year because I was never informed of that!
Pros
Easy money
Cons
long shifts, no taxes taken out and very underpaid
Monday
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2015
I would prep the stations to prepared our product. Maintained a clean work environment while tending to the customers. Stay in communication with management throughout the shift.
Pros
Working in customer service
Cons
There were no breaks
Do what is necessay
im a night owl , work at night , or when rver (Current Employee) –  ncNovember 11, 2015
No, worries , Will be able to perform , will do whatever it takes and then some more.If i am a solder i can retaliate with force not to even blink under command.
Pros
My life depends on it
Cons
Not worried bout my life
fun Upbeat workplace with lots of room to grow
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 6, 2015
Come in at 7pm, make sure there were enough cookies to get the nite shift started, make sure all satff was on shift that were scheduled, Make sure we serve all the customers in a upbeat friendly attitude, Delegate delivery drivers to Take delivery orders at certain times, Count down my drawer,do closing paperwork and lock up the store after double checking to make sure everything was in order before leaving.

I learned that even a smile can make the situation turn around.
I love management, They Rock!!
MY co workers are cool and Money Motivated
The Hardest part of my job is Not eating the cookies alll day!!lo
I love to play and goof around with my crew
Pros
50% off cookies
Cons
No benefits
Good job for people in school
Shift Lead Insomnia Cookies (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIOctober 27, 2015
If your younger and in college this is a good fit. It is a very lax environment with little required of you. The worst part is drunk college kids acting like fools late at night.
Job I did security for insomnia and It was horrible.
security (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia,paOctober 6, 2015
Horrible place to work at. Supervisor does not give you credit when do. And likes to play the blame game. I did security for 2 years with this company one of the originals and they will use employees as scapegoats. Bad upper management and the environment not friendly at all.
Pros
50 % off cookie
Cons
everything else and im being honest
Amazing job for college students
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCSeptember 10, 2015
Typical day for a delivery driver is to sit and wait for a delivery or maybe make some boxes. You learn the area and meet tons of new people. Management is really nice and understand that as a college student hours cannot be crazy. Co-workers are always nice and willing to swap shifts. Hardest part of the job is college students not knowing where they live. most enjoyable part is when you deliver to a college party.
Pros
50% discount on all purchases at insomnia cookies
Cons
If you crash its on you not the company.
Sales Rep
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 29, 2015
Very seasonal job. Was very active when the store first opened but after awareness was at its highest, the position became less needed.
Laid back fun atmosphere with little responsibilities as a delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Storrs, CTJuly 23, 2015
Fun place to work with little responsibilities and a laid-back atmosphere. The only responsibility of the job is delivering cookies to customers in a reasonable amount of time. Coworkers and management all get along well in general, and fun times are had on the job. The job is not very difficult, and I have about become better at customer service due to it.
Pros
Little responsibility, laid back management
Cons
Becomes boring quickly