Insource Performance Solutions

Insource Performance Solutions Employer Reviews

All the reviews I've read about this company are not about Insource Performance Solutions.
Temp. worker (Current Employee), none at this timeMarch 7, 2014
Most everyone has written about the company that Insource Performance Solutions has put them at, not about the temp. service and what they think about it. I have had just one job interview with this company. It seemed promising but, as all of them are. Quick to get you in and on their books. Not really quick at getting you a job. I am registered with – more... several temp. services. One did get me a temp. job. And one got me a interview with a very good company. But, I could not pass the work ready physical. So, if you are reviewing a temp. service. Please tell us what you think of them. Not the company they sent you to work for. – less
Easy place to work at.
PRODUCTION LINE LEAD (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: no weekends, 1st shift
Cons: work wasn't steady, didn't treat employees with respect
What I enjoyed most about this job was the hours when they provided hours that is. The work was very easy and a little monotonous. I did learn a lot of things about production and quality. The management here definitely needs work on how to interact with employees. I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers and learning a new work environment.
Need to improve communication
Tugger Operator,Hoist and Winch Operators (Former Employee), Whitakers, NCFebruary 2, 2014
Needs to improve communication, They don't listen to the employee's complaints or safety issues
Nice temporary work
Contract Technician (Former Employee), Wellesley, MAJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: amazing atmosphere, amazing people, great company
Cons: only temp work
I was hired on as a contractor with an understanding of at least 6 months worth of work. After 2 weeks I was let go and informed that there wasn't any work left. I was given no notice only a phone call at 6:15 pm.
Didn't work with them long enough.
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee), Orange, TXJanuary 9, 2014
Didn't work with them long enough to really get a good feel about the company.
They seem to have a good amount of work in certain areas.
Productive long hours
Pallet Jack Operator (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2014
No set scheduling
Poor management
Poor Pay
Harassment From leads
great review
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCDecember 29, 2013
Pros: motivation
loved the company and coworkers very dedicated people
put to hard work
everyone interacted and got along very well
all work was always planned out
material handler
Material Handler (Former Employee), New Bern, NCNovember 6, 2013
reset line with new parts for production, remove completed parts for shipment
Good experice health care
Data Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2013
Pros: part time
Cons: un set scheduler
Learn all the difficulties of patient with mental health problem. As a translator spanish - english - spanish follow protocol
a good job to have
Loader/Supervisor (Former Employee), laurens, scOctober 21, 2013
Pros: we got paid off production so the more u load in the lesser time the more you make
Cons: no good benefits and bad work conditions
loading and unloading tires onto trucks. i learned how to supervise and whole dock of 50 employees. management was very bad was caught stealing money from employees. my co workers was very team oriented. the hardest part to the job was loading tires non stop for 8 hours. the most enjoyable part of the day was the workout from loading the tires lol
A place to work
Lumper (Former Employee), Laurens, SCSeptember 25, 2013
When you first go into this place to work you have to see what truck you had to unload and then you went to work unloading all the tires. I learned that throwing tires was hard work but i made sure i did my best. The hardest part of the job was having to unload monster tires.
It just a job that I really needed.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: the hours are ok
Cons: they have layoffs all the time
I went in at 7 and got off at 3. I would report to my lead for the work I had to do for that day. The I would go to the display the im suppose to make. I would do that for a while. Then I packed the items by putting the on the displays I made. After that I would rap it and box it up to be sent to stores.
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Picker and Packer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 29, 2013
Pros: quitting
Cons: everything
- A typical day at work.
Locate and retrieve supplies cardboard, products etc.
build displays out of cardboard. which have many parts so teams are put together and you could be building shelves or wraping finished displays, filling them with products, pasting stickers etc.
extremely repetitive

but to sum it up YOU MAKE BOXES AND FILL THEM WITH PRODUCTS – more... AND SHIP THEM

- What you learn: stability or job security is non existant. Insource is a temp agency working with International Paper so IP employees come first, then experienced Insource workers then noobs.

When you end a project and a new one starts, there is usually not enough work to spread around so the majority goes to IP which is expected then insource just fills in IF there is any spots available. if not (which is usually the case) you will be asked to sign your name and you will be paid for 2hrs and sent home.

The next day you may or may not get a call saying come in. You get there and there could be work to do or you could be sent home again.

- Your co-workers: Were all fairly friendly meaning the actual workers not management, it is a warehouse job so there are many people.

Managers walk around leaning against the walls etc watching people do all of the work. Then check in on the team leader to see if they are producing the set number of displays and hour. if not they the whole team can be sent home or just individuals whom he or she deems is not working up to par.

Managers are also arrogant and i didnt like the way that they talked to people.

The owner tries to micro manage meaning you will see the CEO way more than you wouls have expected. I worked 3rd shift, 3am 4am 5am 6am any random times HE WILL BE THERE

- The hardest part of the job: is constructing set numbers of displays every hour. Signs were posted around the building about not being a robot and to pace yourself because your family needs you, however management has an undisclosed number of displays that they feel that your team should make within an hours time.

... Often times teams WILL BE UNDERSIZED increasing everyones workload which in turn limits making displays and attaining this phantom number of displays to create in an hour.

Supplies are always scattered around and in the wrong place.

There are tons of rules however no one ever explains them. the only time that you hear about the rules is usually when you have broken one then you very well could be terminated on the spot.

- The most enjoyable part of the job: is the day that you quit for a better job opportunity!!! I was promised lots of work 8hr shifts at 7.50. I would 3 weeks and was told to not call them they will call you....that was a month ago

I never worked a full 5days either. Seems like they were always looking for reasons to sent people or teams home early. also like i said earlier when you start new projects you probably will only get paid 2hrs and sent home

- No payCHECK only a Money Network debit/credit card (which isnt accepted in many places so you have to withdraw money or transfer to a personal bank account or withdraw) .50 balance inquiries and transfers fees / fulltime hrs with no benifits/ lunch two 10min breaks and one 20 – less
productive
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCJuly 23, 2013
Everyday i go to work, find a cart get my materials i need for the day, wait for orders to be handed out then begin picking parts. the most i picked so far in a 8 hour period is 380 parts. Its a very easy jib i stay focused and do what i have to do to reach production. my co-workers are ok. the hardest part of the job is when their arent enough material – more... to get thought the day. the most enjoyable part is that its a job. – less
Long hour shifts in a fast paced environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 23, 2013
Pros: quick employment
Cons: not enough hours and less wages.
Not a temp to permanent employer, no room for advancement. My job duties changed from day to day, I had no chance of gaining a permanent job unless i quit for six months then reapply.
Best company that I ever worked for hard labor but in time it becomes fairly easy
Loader/Unloader forklift driver/clamp driver (Former Employee), SCJune 13, 2013
Pros: everything was a pro with them
Cons: nothing negative to say
Miss working there to be honest. management was easy to get along with. Hardest part was the heat in the summer time other than that it wwas good.
No room to grow
Quality Auditor (Current Employee), New Bern, NCJune 12, 2013
Temp job. contract only lasts a year. not much room to grow. I wish I could find another job on indeed.com, but no one will hire me!
At times difficult but a learning experince
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), New Bern, NCJune 7, 2013
Pros: pay check and over time
Cons: stressful and very little family time
I work 10 hours a night 4pm-2:30am I love the people on my line I work with. The biggest problem we have here is part issues which is very aggravating at times but knowing even with that we did the best that we could and our quality is always outstanding.
Assembly Line Worker, Packager, Quality Control (Current Employee), Mebane, NCJune 3, 2013
Rough starting out. My initial contact person was unavailable, was unable to leave messages.
It was ok
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMay 17, 2013
I spent a good time working with a great manager but not paid well.