INSPECTION OILFIELD SERVICES Employee Reviews in United States

Awful management, lack of efficient time management, and no concern for the blue collar "folk".
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2016
They consider themselves family oriented, but do not allow time at home. Very hypocritical management who definitely do not lead by example. If you are not a complete "yes" man or if you are capable of independent thought, then this company is not for you. They will tolerate neither. Houston management have to be convinced to not force employees on treacherous roads. No concern for employee safety. Corporate office is completely disconnected with the actual ongoings of their field locations. Just an awful experience all the way around.
Pros
Cons
Most everything
A productive place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2015
Every one was courtious and friendly with eachother and its a very productive and fun place to work .there is always work to keep you busy and i liked meeting new people everyday that needed jobs done on their pipe
Pros
Working in a friendly and productive environment
Cons
Really dont have any cons
Supportive company
Pipe Yard (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 12, 2015
typical days work 12 hours shift
Learned a lot of new stuff went to school and earned certifications
Co-Worker are easier to get along with
is going home after your shift is over
hardest part is lifting heavy equipment
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
Long hours at a time
Poor Management
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 4, 2015
Long hours (12-20 hrs) at $10/hr. No Perdiem.. NO time for family time because u start at 7am and be out at location for more then 12 hours then get called in at 7am again. Need to be more organized.
Hard, but good place of employment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sayre, PAFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day was usually pretty long here, drill pipe inspection is tedious work at times. I learned how to due magnetic particle testing, how to take od and id measurements, do the paper work required and how to do the testing procedures needed to get the job done. My manager was a really good guy, I even consider him a friend considering he was only a few years older than me. Co workers were reliable, it was easy to tell which ones would stay and which would go. Hardest part would be the grueling labor and long hours away from home. Most enjoyable was the down time we had and a lot of the traveling.
Pros
excellent pay, pto, long hours, overtime
Cons
work in all conditons
Work day in my shoes.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Morgantown, WVAugust 22, 2012
I would show up for work atleast 15 minutes early at 6:45 am. I learned a lot about the treatmet and care oil pipes need to stay in service. The management team was not to bad but they were not around a lot ther usually went out to rig sites. My coo-workers were great at showing me the ropes whe I showed up at work becaise I had no prior experience in the oil field work place. The hardest part of the job was fearing being sent home early beacuase of weather, not enough pipe to keep everyone busy with work, or because the job site was over staffed for the day. The most enjoyable part was jusst having busy work to be done and learning something new.
Pros
lots of overtime hours available if you wanted work when more was available
Cons
no days off
Lots of ups and downs
OPS. Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TxNovember 19, 2014
They tend to use good employees stretched across the nation while providing empty promises
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
empty promises
very good pay
HAND/OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, DESeptember 9, 2014
worked at oil and gas rigs long hrs inspecting pipes its was alot of traviling buffing grinding black lighting cleaning threads and pins
Machine Shop Operated Company
Drill Pipe Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXAugust 16, 2013
Arrive to shop and prep up trucks for the day. Either we have a job lined up or already in progress, or we do maintenance around the shop or yard until something comes up. Once on location, we find a space to set up our equipment and line up all drilling pipe that needs to be inspected for that particular well or upcoming jobs. Then we go through our visual inspection to see what needs to be rethreaded, or what's can be fixed on site or took to a machinist to fix, and do cleaning of pipe from the middle of the pipe, to the upsets, and connections. Then we set up a EMI machine an electromagnetic motion intelligence system that overviews the pipe from inside-out for weak spots, cracks, or chips. I work with a real hard working staff of field hand and rig up hands. They have taught me a lot, but a problem with communication most workers were from other countries. The hardest part of my job were trying to do a quality job with mediocre equipment and tools. The most enjoyable part was overtime and being able to come home every night.
Pros
overtime
Cons
expensive insurance, small raises for the work performed and hours worked.