INSPECTION OILFIELD SERVICES Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Inspector/Assembler (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVAugust 4, 2015
Long hours (12-20 hrs) at $10/hr. No Perdiem.. NO time for family time because u start at 7am and be out at location for more then 12 hours then get called in at 7am again. Need to be more organized.
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Canton, OHMarch 25, 2015
Pros: pepole willing to help
Cons: loss some vac and sick time
just has been cut in hours I do all the invoicing for ohio
month end closing I have leaned some area's of quickbooks
req's, and purchase orders
Hard, but good place of employment
Laborer (Former Employee), Sayre, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: excellent pay, pto, long hours, overtime
Cons: work in all conditons
A typical day was usually pretty long here, drill pipe inspection is tedious work at times. I learned how to due magnetic particle testing, how to take od and id measurements, do the paper work required and how to do the testing procedures needed to get the job done. My manager was a really good guy, I even consider him a friend considering he was only a few years older than me. Co workers were reliable, it was easy to tell which ones would stay and which would go. Hardest part would be the grueling labor and long hours away from home. Most enjoyable was the down time we had and a lot of the traveling.
Lots of ups and downs
OPS. Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TxNovember 19, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: empty promises
They tend to use good employees stretched across the nation while providing empty promises
very good pay
HAND/OPERATOR (Former Employee), Smyrna, DESeptember 9, 2014
worked at oil and gas rigs long hrs inspecting pipes its was alot of traviling buffing grinding black lighting cleaning threads and pins
Machine Shop Operated Company
Drill Pipe Inspector (Former Employee), Bridgeport, TXAugust 16, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: expensive insurance, small raises for the work performed and hours worked.
Arrive to shop and prep up trucks for the day. Either we have a job lined up or already in progress, or we do maintenance around the shop or yard until something comes up. Once on location, we find a space to set up our equipment and line up all drilling pipe that needs to be inspected for that particular well or upcoming jobs. Then we go through our visual inspection to see what needs to be rethreaded, or what's can be fixed on site or took to a machinist to fix, and do cleaning of pipe from the middle of the pipe, to the upsets, and connections. Then we set up a EMI machine an electromagnetic motion intelligence system that overviews the pipe from inside-out for weak spots, cracks, or chips. I work with a real hard working staff of field hand and rig up hands. They have taught me a lot, but a problem with communication most workers were from other countries. The hardest part of my job were trying to do a quality job with mediocre equipment and tools. The most enjoyable part was overtime and being able to come home every night.
Work day in my shoes.
Laborer (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVAugust 22, 2012
Pros: lots of overtime hours available if you wanted work when more was available
Cons: no days off
I would show up for work atleast 15 minutes early at 6:45 am. I learned a lot about the treatmet and care oil pipes need to stay in service. The management team was not to bad but they were not around a lot ther usually went out to rig sites. My coo-workers were great at showing me the ropes whe I showed up at work becaise I had no prior experience in the oil field work place. The hardest part of the job was fearing being sent home early beacuase of weather, not enough pipe to keep everyone busy with work, or because the job site was over staffed for the day. The most enjoyable part was jusst having busy work to be done and learning something new.