Insperity Employee Reviews

Great place to work, they focus on keeping employees engaged
Supervisor, Product Management (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 21, 2017
Insperity realizes that their employees are very important to their business. They are a company that specializes in Human Resource services for their customers (among other offerings), and they know how to apply that same expertise to their own company, and do it well. Their emphasis on employee performance management is very helpful to one's career.

They understand and encourage a good work-life balance, they have a good culture that minimizes workplace politics, is open and transparent, and there is a good amount emphasis on having a good level of trust between employees and management and each other.
Pros
Good culture, emphasis on keeping employees happy
Cons
Lots of talented employees, you will be working with great teams.
Great company overall
PAYROLL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2017
This is a great company. The culture is that of a family. They keep the employees in the loop. There are always events going on the keep the staff motivated and feel appreciated. The company has a big volunteer boost and presence in the community.

The one bad thing for me is that sometimes depending on your department some of the management is awful. Some can be very distant and out of touch with the culture of the company as a whole.

The benefits overall are pretty good. The first years you basically get weeks that starts day one. It reloads the first day of the year in full. There is a decent bonus in the spring. There are programs in place to help employees going through financial hardships.

The education reimbursement is horrible...only $500 annually. The worst I've ever seen.
Pros
Great work environment, Upper management are very personable and get to know you, Events to give employees a break and show appreciation
Cons
lower level management can be very disconnected and almost non caring
Productive work with great work family
Client Account Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 5, 2017
typical day at work get to the office about 8 always eager to get to work to see what the day had in store.
i always learned something new every day my teachers are awesome they are patient in the fact of knowing people are new to this.
management was wonderful they are always very considerate of your feelings and work life balance
co workers are some of the very best i had ever had i will never be able to forget the friendships i made in my department .
the hardest part of my job was meeting all of the BPA'S ideal dates that they tell the client.
most enjoyable part of my job was getting to work for one of the most caring and giving companies.
Pros
co workers great management healthcare
Awesome Company, People & Culture
Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 13, 2017
Very fast paced job, working with C-Level Executives in building the foundations of their company. Working with many different entities (internally & externally) to ensure client organizations achieve their business vision, mission & values; helping growing companies meet new challenges as they advance through their growth cycle. The hardest part of this job is staying focused on finding the right fit for our platform (i.e.) companies that truly value, and are willing to invest, in their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team you get to work with, and the success our clients' achieve.
Pros
People and Culture
Strategic HR Focused Company
Supervisor, Human Resource Operations (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 2, 2017
Great culture and awesome reputation in the market. Generous benefits and PTO program. Career advancement opportunities are available with leadership development.
Insperity is a comfortable family oriented business.
Business Application Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 24, 2016
Insperity is a great laid back company with family values. Each employee is treated as family and not an employee. The company offers great health benefits. The management can vary from team to team but overall the company has a great leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job is the casual and professional mix in the IT department. You are able to feel comfortable while working.
Terrific People but company culture stuck in the 1980's
Business Performance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 18, 2016
Overall, a good experience. The best part of the job is spirit of the the special people that I worked with; hardworking, competent always happy to help.

The C-Suite in the Houston area is comprised of good-ol boys stuck in a different era where you open your meetings with prayers and wear a tie to work everyday even when you don't have a client appointment. Those attitudes effect the company's culture even in other states.

The pressure placed on sales people and their managers from upstairs is constant and sometimes unreasonable.
Pros
Great benefits package, terrific staff
Cons
Dress code, pressure
Bad Place to work
CMA (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2016
The real problem with this company is the upper management in Arizona, Tammy Gideon is horrible and unprofessional she oversees the Las Vegas office. Even though she is station in AZ. The Area Manger in Las Vegas Emily Campbell (reports to her) is just as bad if they both were replaced. I think the company would have a better chance of keeping employees. Emily has no business with that title she has all the leads do her work and takes the credit for it. Plus she micromanages all the offices! The manager in AZ is no better; if she can’t control you! You will not be there long. I have seen 3 area mangers and 3 leads at my office since 2012. The Area manager in Las Vegas only got that position because no one else wanted that job she was a lead first (if that is what you want to call that title she had). I have never work for a company that makes you fit 12 hours of work into 8 and won’t allow OT. But they allow someone to walk out; rehire them with more money and a bigger title. The only bright spot for me was the doctors; they are really cool that is why most people stay. If you like low pay, horrible benefits, not enough time to get your work done, and bad management. Then this is the place for you. Otherwise don’t waste your time applying for Nevada or Arizona; unless you want horrible management.
Pros
Cons
low pay, terrible managment, horrible benefits
Daily Work
Fulltime Permanent (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I love to provide excellent customer service to our clients, employees, provider offices, and management. I noticed the friendliness of the coworker as you past in the hallway, everyone speaks with a smile to make you feel very welcome. There is a lot of training available to help you to grow and advance with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the annual golf tournament held each year in The Woodlands, TX.
Pros
Everyone loves working at Insperity.
Cons
Short breaks
Insperity
Senior Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Western RegionMarch 17, 2016
Insperity is the Premier PEO offering best-in-class client services. No other PEO compares in the areas of customer service and expertise and this is what we strive for. Upper Mgmt is a bit of an old boy's club but they are generally good to the employees and want to do the right thing. The company and my manager allow me to do what I do best and practice my profession (HR consulting) with minimal interference and micro management.
Pros
work-life balance, amount of PTO, work flexibility, health benefits, 401K match
Cons
lower than average pay, advancement opportunities are tough to come by, IT platform and services are atrocious

Want to know more about Insperity?

Ask a question
Overall a great place to work
Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 24, 2016
Overall a great place to work. Pay and benefits are solid, advancement is always there. I wouldn't change much about anything.
Changes
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Always change going on in the recruiting area. I was told the rest of the company is great but recruiting can't decide if they are corporate style recruiting or agency recruiting.
Pros
work/life balance, people
Cons
money isn't great, no growth
I love my job. I couldn't ask for a better work environment or better co-workers.
DirecTV Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2017
Great work environment. Tremendous co-workers who are willing to help you at your job. Great pay. Great management. I absolutely love my job!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Company Van, gas card, and the ability to take brakes when you feel fit.
Cons
I haven't fount any cons at this job.
Great place to work.
Human Resource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2016
Organization really cares about employees. It is also a very professional environment. They provide a wealth of support to successfully execute your job. The benefits are outstanding!
Pros
Benefits are amazing. Professional environment.
Cons
Since Sales Driven, sometimes when sales are not happening, talk of downsizing takes place.
Decent local mngmt, bad local mgmt
Tax Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2016
The upper management appear to push for a more relaxed collaborative environment. But local management is only concerned about maintaining the status quo rather than in getting things done. No consideration for lower level employees
Pros
Decent health insurance coverage
Cons
No work life balance
High Turnover
Business Performance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 10, 2016
Great benefits and vacation. High Turnover. Heard the CEO on stage at a sales convention quote ' we need to do something about our 46% annual turnover of BPAs. If you have a lot of contacts that own small and very successful businesses this could be a great fit for you. Don't expect any leads you will not get any, especially if you are new. The model for this organization is to bring in very experienced and polished sales people - pay them a good salary and give them about a year to succeed and at least half quit or get fired in that 1st year. Why???
Because this is a very difficult sale with a LOT of prospecting. A handful of people make a great deal of money but not many. You have to be one of the absolute best 'hunters' ever or have a lot of great contacts in the right type of small businesses.
Not for account manager types or relationship builders. For fearless relentless hunters or people that have an incredible number of contacts that own small businesses with 10 to 50 people.
As for my approval rating of the CEO it's lukewarm. Good and bad to say.
Pros
Pay Benefits Vacation
Cons
Few succeed long term
Teamwork
Performance & Organizational Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 14, 2016
I truly enjoyed my time at Insperity. It was a teamwork environment. I appreciated being able to participate in community outreach and supporting my favorite charities, as well.
Pros
Wonderful work/life balance; community outreach
Cons
Pay could be increased
na
Legal Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I love working at Insperity. Perfect work life balance and everyone is professional. I recommend this place of employment
Great Work life balance
Associate Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 27, 2016
This is an awesome company to work for! Managers actually want to see you succeed and watch you grow. Warm culture and workers are encouraged to volunteer within the community. Benefits are also incredible! I highly recommend this company.
Double think it before going into sales
Business Performance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CANovember 9, 2016
Overall the company is really great, and provides great, premium services to their clients.

However, they are not as generous with their sales team, they seem to have a "churn-n-burn" attitude for their sales reps (they like to call us BPAs or Business Performance Advisors) but they don't care to really give you the time or in depth training which is required to truly be a trusted advisor to potentially new clients.

It is a matter of building trust with your clients, as you are not selling them a commodity, you are asking them to trust you and the company to make one of the biggest decisions of their (and their employee's) lives!

The individuals who come directly from related HR industries and have established relationships will do great - and I encourage you to become a BPA. :-)
Pros
Free lunches, trips to Huston, great sales reward trips (if you qualify)
Cons
Not willing to wait for you to truly develop long-term and build trust with your prospects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Insperity. Our community is ready to answer.