Insphere Insurance Solutions Employee Reviews in United States

be aware this company sales terrible policies and has horrible services
project director (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 6, 2016
For the people out there looking for health care insurances, this company has terrible policies and they sale you bad health care coverage at astronomical price. They are dishonest and has NO customer services.
Pros
Cons
bad healthcare services
Great money if you can grind long enough
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 4, 2015
In retrospect it was a great experience. They truly do provide the tools to succeed and the money was almost unlimited. I wish I worked a little harder to build my client list but I got very tired very quickly from cold calling all day long.
No support
Agent (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 10, 2015
Worked from home web broker..........Certification with several companies and various produts ..................no support........worked alone ..........contract commission changes daliy...........made my own hours
Pros
certification with several companies
Cons
contract changes daily
Great place to work until Obama care came alone
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 17, 2015
I truly enjoyed my position with Insphere until Obama care came along. My boss and co-workers were great to work with. There was a lot of cold calling and a lot of late nights work
Pros
Great boss and great people to work with
Cons
Obama care killed everything
If you are a go-getter, I highly reccomend it
Producer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 8, 2015
Good place to work, they will train you to go far. The leaders will spend countless time with you to make you successful at were you want to be at.
Not productive place at all
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Maple Park, ILMarch 2, 2015
Very poor management. Poor training. Had to buy all supplies (flyer, leads ext) No advancement unless you were with company for more than 5 years. Meetings only for people who were selling, and if you asked for extra training it would cost you money. It also was a 100% commission
Pros
can't think of one
Cons
100% commission
Fantastic opportunity
Independent Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Insphere Insurance Solutions is one of the highest rated brokerages in the country for Health, Life & Supplemental packages to protect clients from financial loss due to accident or injury.
Fast paced fun work enviroment
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
I was an independent Health Insurance representative. I would call on warm and cold leads, set appointments, meet with clients and close sales. I managed my own tasks. I was part of a great team with great leadership. I enjoyed meeting and talking with customers and being able to help them and set them at peace.
Pros
bonus rewards
Cons
working really long days
Not what I thought it would be
Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHDecember 14, 2014
interviewed, went for training in Medina Oh, then told training next time would be in independence oh (2 hour drive one way from my home) then to find out later that the company was under an investigation. They didn't tell me that. So i really didn't get to work for this company nor did I get to really see or learn about their products. Not sure that I wanted to.
A good learning experience.
Independently Contracted Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 12, 2014
As an Independent Insurance Agent I was tasked with all aspects of the job. This included getting leads, making calls, following through with applications, and staying motivated.
It was a tough atmosphere with the high turnover rate and steep learning curve.
I wanted a job with a chance of advancement and did not review this opportunity enough before I took it.
Pros
working by myself.
Cons
steep learning curve and salary based on comission.
Productive and fun place to work
Insurance Agent/Broker (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 1, 2014
A typical day at work would be a morning sales meeting learning new ideas on how to make your day more productive.
work on your time
Licensed Insurance Agent / Advisor / Broker (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKAugust 21, 2014
I enjoyed working on my own schedule, but if you weren't motivated to make calls, and sales you do not get paid.
the job is 100% commission. I went back to school because I needed more financial security.
Pros
flexible schedule. more you sell more you earn
Cons
100% commission, cold calls.
Christian Environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Jenks, OKJune 26, 2014
I wanted to work here because it was evident in the interview that it was a Christian environment which being a Christian myself attracted me immediately. While working their I felt supported by others for the most part, and if it wasn't for the unreliable income I would most likely would have made a career out of this opportunity. During this very short period of time I obtained a license to sell insurance and felt very proud of myself for doing so.
High pay/Low CRM
Licensed Insurance Agent/Broker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2014
The company pushed more for sales rather than customer relationship management. Personally I strive to please my customers and continue the relationship after the sale.
a straight commision job. They hire herds of people and hope they sell something.
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 29, 2014
it a job a lot of people pass through on the way to other agencies. The invest nothing in their sales people and don't become concerned as people leave.

You can get appointed by the various life and health insurance companies and sell without paying Insphere over rides - which is what a lot of people end up doing.
Pros
offer platform to sell good products but takes over ride of service.
Cons
no benefits can do the same job without insphere's over rides.
people were easy to get along with and friendly
Insurance consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FlApril 28, 2014
I learned a great deal about the insurance industry through Insphere. The most difficult part about this job was having to make cold calls daily in order to generate prospects. I found that most people do not understand the process of obtaining insurance and are unwilling to accept counsel when the have not sought it out for themselves. I do however, enjoy interacting with people. My most valuable asset is that I am very personable
Pros
learning the needs of the community
Cons
cold calling people with no interest in the products offered
Culture of dishonesty and demeaning unless you play ball with them.
Licensed Insurance Producer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 16, 2014
This place is a very demeaning place to work and to top it off, you don't get paid well for it.

If you need a real income, don't bother working here. If it's a second or unnecessary income, then by all means what do you have to lose except time and perhaps a little self-respect. Only take this job as a plan C unless you are VERY slick and aren't too worried about integrity.

* They call it self-employed, but then they make you report to them. What they means is you are a 1099 employee whom they don't want to pay benefits on.

* Given the hard sell coming in about how much money you can make. Theoretically, you can make it, but practically speaking it is not doable.

* Compelled to pressure people to buy a product they don't want and chances are they won't use. Have us push "in-house" products and then have us tell clients what great products they are. Good luck to clients actually getting paid on a claim on the in-house products.

* You are paid better on in-house products and looked down upon if you percent of in-house product sales is too low. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to the client's needs. In other words, pressure to sell "in-house" even if it doesn't meet the client's needs and punishment if you don't.

* You are provided with nothing except a little test material and a couple hundred dollars in leads and brochures. You provide: phone, laptop, cost of taking insurance exam, etc. In short, they are very lenient in hiring as they assume little risk. You assume the risk/cost/etc. and they are the ones to benefit.

* You don't get paid when you make a sale,
  more... you get paid when the outside insurance companies pay Insphere. Once again, they assume no risk, but are happy to skim off the top when the insurance companies pay.

* The system is "God". In other words, failure is always the agent's fault.

* They use the "shame" system. Meaning, weekly call-in to go over your numbers with everyone in the agency. And big boss comments after you give your numbers.

* The "back-end" account is used a pressure tool to keep you there. In other words, they "advance" you and it is designed to take you forever to get caught up.

----
If you are willing to sell something you don't necessarily believe in. If you have thick skin and don't mind taking the blame when people understandably are hesitant to by a product that isn't necessarily in their best interest. If you are assume almost all of the risk while those above you get rewarded. If you are willing to constantly harass people and willing to pressure your family and friends to buy. If you are willing to listen to a pompous management blame you when the market is down and never look in the mirror. If you are willing to bend the truth a little to make a sale. If you are willing to have to go far away to make a sale, then this is the company for you. If you think of clients as 'your people', then look elsewhere.
Pros
you can make money if you are good at being dishonest and a slick talker.
Cons
look below:
Insphere
Telecommute as an employment recruiter (Former Employee) –  Encino, CAApril 1, 2014
Very pleasant place to work. Friendly staff, helpful. I learned how to deal with people in a friendly manner.
There was really no hard part to the job as I enjoyed it very much.
Management/Support
Producer of Sales/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2014
Daily achievement of time and standard goals and objectives. Co-workers were competitive and well organized.

Overall rating is outstanding.
Pros
challenging
Cons
longer periods of time on the job in order to meet my goals
Provide excellent training and support
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Great first job for insurance agents. Very hard to understand the pay plan. Offer a lot of travel perks and prizes in lieu of higher bonus structure
Pros
great training
Cons
low comissions

2.7