Inspirato Employee Reviews

Perfect fit for some, but most should stay away
Membership (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 2, 2015
I was extremely excited to join Inspirato. I love startups (this is my 3rd) and the opportunity they present. However, this has been the most disappointing employment experience of my career. The amazing travel benefit notwithstanding- the pay is bad when compared to Denver market, the benefits are the worst I've personally had, there is no work life balance, advancement is not based on merit, project management is an utter mess, and the CEO uses the company as a merit badge to impress his friends.

There are some good aspects. The location is amazing, the company has lots of smart and hardworking people, and for hospitality professionals it's a truly unique opportunity. It's also a great place if you are brand new to the workforce and want a "hip" place to call home while you beef up your resume. Also, some departments are islands of sanity in this sea of crazy. Marketing and SFDC are tight ships that are a pleasure to work with.

But burnout is the highest I've ever seen (nearly 1/3 of the accounting department quit last year, many without even having a new job- that's how bad it was), hourly employees are expected to be on call constantly, and if you are good at your job you will be passed over for promotions due to the need to keep those with subject matter knowledge locked in where they are. Truly the most dysfunctional company I've worked for. But the VC keeps flowing in, so maybe with that extra money some of these problems will start going away.
Pros
people, location, travel perks
Cons
pay, benefits, work life balance, leadership, career growth, employee development
Wonderful Company
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 1, 2015
Inspirato is truly the best company to work for! From the people to the benefits you cant go wrong! They allowed you to travel and work closely with successful individuals!
Great office space with excellent employees
Manager of Technical Innovation (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2015
Progressive environment, but old school management -i.e. working remotely wasn't an option. Surrounded by very talented co-workers.
Pros
Office space, benefits
Cons
Required to be onsite 100% of the time
Productive and fun place to work
Sr. Manager Member Marketing (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2013
Great environment, superior product, little development or advancement potential.
Pros
great positive environment
Cons
advancement, job security
Enjoyable and positive enviornment
Private destinations concierge (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 15, 2013
A typical day was never the same. Ton's of support from management and team members. Excellent training! The hardest part of the job was the commute. Most enjoyable part was given the freedom to manage my duties.
Pros
excellent support
Cons
property locations
Not for the Ambitious.
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoMarch 2, 2013
Inspirato summed up in one word: Pretentious. Embodied by the CEO.

My job wasn't difficult or stressful. There was no real hope for advancement.

I saw a lot of people get axed (most of them probably shouldn't have been hired in the first place). The majority of them were getting paid too much.

Real overall rating is a generous 1.8 stars.
Wonderful group of smart minds in the industry
Partnership Manager - Inspired Giving (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 31, 2012
The company made a great point to communicate to the entire staff regularly and in person. Everyone they brought on is smart, fun and dedicated.