Inspire Development Centers Employee Reviews

boring; slow
Volunteer Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WANovember 3, 2017
i was a volunteer receptionist for Inspire for a few months and everyday was boring, slow; everybody didn't really get along. Now, at least the half of the department has left.
Seasonal job helps pay bills
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 23, 2017
During my time at this employment there were minimum opportunity of advancement. It was very difficult to advance in position without having to relocate to a different city.
Productive and Great place to work
floater (Current Employee) –  Parker Heights, WASeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work is just busy time goes by very fast because you are always busy with the kids either changing them taking care or sleeping feeding etc.
Pros
Get together foods mostly every friday
Cons
short breaks
Ambiente divertido
Ayudante de Maestra (Former Employee) –  Royal City WAJuly 20, 2017
Trabajar con los estudiantes era muy divertido y las colegas proporcionan mucha ayuda.
Fun and rewarding job.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 12, 2017
I enjoy this job because I feel like I am helping make a difference in someone's life. Its meaningful work and the managers are really nice. Everyone is so easy to work with.
Pros
Get to choice hours
Cons
can't really think of any
A lot of gossip and drama in this company
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Basin City, WAMay 18, 2017
Working with the families and children was amazing and made it worth going to work. There is a lot of gossip that happens here and everyone wants to bring their personal life to work. Even if you don't want your personal life to be known it will, even the supervisors will come and question you about it.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work schedules are changed often, no overtime, inclement weather is unpaid.
Fun workplace
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAJanuary 5, 2017
Little to no drama. Fun for a first job. The only problem I had was it's only seasonal. I feel they have a great schedule. Most of the time you get to choose what age groups you want to work in.
Pros
Great breakroom
Cons
Small rooms
Good learning experience.
Floater (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAOctober 26, 2016
This was a great place to work at. I learned how to interact and help children of all ages. It was a good experience where you can show your potential.
Amazing Opportunity living in rural areas
Assistant Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  College Place, WAAugust 8, 2016
I love my job at Inspire! I have been here for 2 years and enjoy the staff and families. Being a non-profit organization, you know most that work here are here because they love what they do. I see people posting about the pay but they need to realize we are federally funded and not for profit. The company is growing each year and I am exited to be apart of it.
Pros
Great opportunity for Growth, HR Department
Cons
More seasonal positions that year round
Fast and fun workplace
Center Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAJuly 14, 2016
Regular work day is early and your day goes buy fast. Management is very flexible and understanding. If you love to work with children this job is for you.
Pros
Management is flexible
Cons
Seasonal

Want to know more about Inspire Development Centers?

Ask a question
Great culture, bad pay
Family Advocate (Current Employee) –  Prosser, WAJune 18, 2016
its a great place to work but the pay is bad. I have a degree and im getting paid less than people with no degrees. Inspire needs to pay their employees better.
Home Educator Early Head Start
Home Educator (Former Employee) –  Mabton, WAMay 14, 2016
I worked for idc for 20 years but was forced to quit due to unfair work practices i reported. After i reported it ... work was consisted of bulling retaliation and humiliation. Sad cuz i loved my job. :(
Pros
Seeing the progress in families and children.
Cons
Human Resources department is useless
Great place to be if you love children
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Granger, WAMarch 22, 2016
It is usually the responsibility of the preschool teacher's assistant to plan activities for children, such as storytelling or art projects. They instruct and supervise them in social and developmental activities, help feed and change them, and generally provide one-on-one attention when needed. He or she must help organize the classroom and plan intellectual activities for children, per the lead teacher's requests.

The duties of a preschool teacher's assistant includes interacting with children, preparing snacks, teaching children about numbers, colors and shapes, helping them get dressed and changing their diapers when needed. They also evaluate students' social development and physical well-being. Preschool teacher's assistants should be prepared to take on the role of lead teacher when needed.

Some assistants work specifically with children who have developmental disabilities. They help them with exercises and games designed to facilitate their development. Their work is supervised by qualified therapists or teachers.
Pros
Going home Early
Cons
waking up at 5am
Make a difference
Specialist (Current Employee) –  WashingtonJuly 23, 2015
Proud to be part of an expanding organization!
IDC has been serving the communities for over 32 years and currently serving over 3,400 children!
Great place to work, knowing your job matters and makes a difference :)
Pros
Helping local families and children
Not worth the time and effort
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sunnyside, WAMay 22, 2015
In the time of employment there was never a stable management. The company fired the CEO and lied to staff about it for months, and they had many different directors in place. This company lack organization and the true following of their own vision and mission. They sacrificed services in the ECEAP program to better line the upper level management pockets, and they are not really connected to children and families as they regularly receive parent complaints. Moving up in this company I based on your race and who you know, not what skills and achievement you bring to the company.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor mamangement, constant turnover, lack of public service
Productive and safe environment
Infant and Toddler CDA Teacher (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAFebruary 26, 2014
Care for children and assist with their education and development. Interact with the children to educate them. We learn how the children will learn new things from day to day. We work in a comfortable and friendly environment respecting one another.
Great work experience and environment
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Malott, WAOctober 27, 2013
My typical day at work was pretty basic get there and follow a lesson plan that had to be created before coming to work for the week. It went really smoothly. No chaos with co workers great work environment everyone was always so cheerful and ready to work even when it we started really early in the morning. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around the kids and getting the activities done. The hardest part would have to be meeting deadlines due to the lack of personnel it was not easy to get out of the classroom especially because of ratios. Lastly management was amazing always very helpful.
Pros
Great experience gained, friendly co-workers, good benefits.
Cons
Breaks not always given as planned.