Well-known electronic trading pioneer in the financial services industry seeks a full-time web developer to redevelop and launch internal (intranet) and external web sites. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of php and mysql running on Apache and some familiarity with Drupal or similar open source content management systems as well as unix system administration. The job also includes re-development and data migration from existing java/jsp-based applications to newly architected secure php-based applications to better support legal, human resources, and sales departments.
You will work closely with another team member but have ample autonomy and implementation flexibility to present your ideas and use your own methods in development. Working sites/applications within a reasonable time frame coupled with a sane well-considered deployment process is the key to success. You should be able to work independently, taking direction only as needed, and show enthusiasm for improving existing infrastructure and processes. An ability to recognize opportunities, and help promote new projects to increase the value of websites in line with overall company goals is highly desirable. Your ideas and inspiration will be valued.
- BA/BS Degree (CS or some scientific background preferred)
- 4--5 years of experience writing LAMP-based web applications
- In-depth knowledge of php, mysql, and web server configuration (Apache, but perhaps moving to Nginx)
- Experience maintaining tomcat java/jsp-driven applications (Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers)
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Web site design and organizing content within an open-source CMS framework (Drupal preferred)
- Patience in maintaining poorly written legacy applications during the redesigning and rebuilding process
- Servicing day-to-day requests from colleagues on existing websites as needed
- Ability to work within the constraints set by the company's financial regulators, legal/compliance, and IT personnel
- Excellent English written communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to use wikis to document design and implementations as you go, sharing any/all knowledge you have
- Experience working with source control systems (specifically Perforce a plus)
- Ability to work well with geographically distributed team members, maintaining poise with those who are not technically savvy
- Humility and a keen sense of finding the right tools to complete a task, eschewing as much as possible any preconceived biases toward a particular programming language or platform
- Trading or finance experience a plus
- Experience integrating web sites with BigDough, PeopleSoft or similar CRM systems a plus
Please provide a resume, cover letter, and links to web site/project samples for consideration.
Indeed - 9 months ago