Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis

Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 28, 2016
Poor management. Less than deserved pay. Treated like a slave. More often than not scheduling mistakes are made and you have to deal with it. Just don't.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management/ No chance of moving up/ Pay isn't worth the work
You're probably never going to move up.
Community Support Companion (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 13, 2015
A typical day is basically show up, play molly maid for the clients and then go home. Very boring.

I have learned about individuals with disabilities and how they work.

Co-workers are mostly gossip queens.

hardest part of the job is client behaviors naturally.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks, no pay raises
Only good for upper or admin Not for workers
Staff (Former Employee) –  Oakland caJanuary 10, 2014
If your in admin it's ok but workers work long hours for low pay

Management is abusive and rude or indifferent

Management treats staff like clients

Supervisors are a dome a dozen they way they are treated

Regular staff will turn down promotion and they make little

They say the have benefits but find reasons not to give them

If you get hired know ahead of time they except you to quit

You might end up with a 19 hour shift

If you have an issue they tell you to quit

They expect you to work when your sick

Clients live in dirty and damaged furniture
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No breaks bad pay and no future
Great client expirience, unorganized management
Therapist/Respite (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAApril 26, 2016
My typical day at work was help and support my clients with independence and social skills. I've learned that every client is different in certain aspects but all of them are very smart despite their disabilities, so different approaches and plans were needed. Management was unorganized. I enjoyed knowing and working with my co workers which we helped each other a lot. The hardest part of the job sometime was dealing with a certain parents. The most enjoyable part of my job was witnessing my clients improvements and progress.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Underpayed
Management seeks well-being for participants
MSW Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 8, 2016
Caring and amazing management team, they truly seek what is best for participants. Management goes above and beyond to meet participant's needs. Management advocate for clients on a regular basis.
Age range of staff varies.
Behavior Analysis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 19, 2014
Age range of staff varies. Each day staff members need to adjust and continue to perform thier work assignments and tasks. Staff members hit a plateau after a certain time period or burnt out due to no raises and so forth.
Gathering data and analysis
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 3, 2013
>1:1 with a consumer
>Community base intervention
>Report to management for updates
>Collaborate with management and co-workers
>Own vehicle transport for consumer
>Collaborate outside entity/agency for consumer advancement, such like; Employment, Volunteer, Recreation
>Involve in behavioral and physical disabilities
>Employment rate, not relevant
Pros
Experience in mental behavior population
Cons
Own vehicle transport
Unique place to work.
Community support companion (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 13, 2013
My days were unpredictiable, becuase, I worked with individuals with behaviorial disabilities. One day may be relaxed and the day will go etremely well, then the next day, may be chaos where you find yourself in a situation that law enforcement may be called. I learned how to deal with a lot of situations, problem solving was an important part of this job. Co-workers were great, may be the best part. The hardest part of this job, unpredictability of the clients behavior, and support. Rewarding, when a client has accomplished something that they thought they weren't able too.
Pros
experience, growth.
Cons
no lunch breaks, no job security.(client leaves w/o notice=job loss)
Highest standards and excellence in staff training.
assisting developmentally disabled people (Former Employee) –  LA, OC, SFVFebruary 14, 2015
IABA specializes in working with developmentally disabled and behaviorally challenged individuals with every aspect of their lives. It is an excellent company and it was always easy to take pride in my work. IABA is committed to holding the people served in high esteem. I saw many lives changed and improved, including my own.
Pros
I learned so much, I have some very specialized skills, years of training and opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Working with challenging people can lead to burn-out, low pay, often short staffed, high turnover rates .
Awesome organization
Receptionist / Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2013
Most of my days were enjoyable and busy. I learned that life should be appreciated and to always try to do the best, that you possibly can. The Management was good, for most of my time there. I met some of the greatest co-workers and friends. It was a big adjustment to a lot of the changes that were made. But, I would have to say, that the most enjoyable part of my job, was the feeling of being able to be a part of an organization, that made a big impact, on a lot of people lives. And a very big difference.
Pros
loved interacting with the clients and staff.
Cons
the changes that were made.
Place to work
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 7, 2012
Great possibility for ABA Therapists.
15 Months as a Behavioral Technician(In-home DTT) and one-on-one Aide; integrating the in-home ABA program into a mainstream classroom for 9 of the 15 Months. Tasks included --but were not limited to-- : DTT, Functional Analyses, Behavior Assessments, the establishment of Stimulus Reinforcement Hierarchies and Schedules, as well as Task Analyses, and general supervision. During this time I became proficient in the Picture Exchange Communication System(PECS). Employed by Easter Seals; working under the supervision of a Behavior Analyst from CARD.
Pros
work
Cons
management
Good job for student
Behavior Support Companion (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2014
IABA is willing to work with your scheduling needs. However, there is no room for advancement.
DO Not Work for this place I promise you now you WILL regret it
senior csc (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 20, 2012
continual threats of firing you if you dont do what they want, your never relieved off work on time, very racist towards arican americans,
Pros
non
Cons
pay, hours, meetings, trainings yet no certificate
Provide a wonderful service to consumers and in turn building great relationships with co-workers as well.
Behavior Respite Companion - YS (Youth Services) (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 2, 2012
As a senior employment specialist, I start out my day out in the field working with a consumer for 6 hours. These 6 hours are spent in the community doing productive activities such as job development, reviewing emergency skills, volunteer work, or assisting consumers that have obtained paid employment. While providing services to a consumer, I also implement behavioral intervention adhering to IABA's philosophy of positive reinforcement and non aversive techniques. Presently, I work with the company's most challenging consumer as he displays extremely aggressive behavior towards staff. It is also challenging as he has limited communication and it is difficult to find the function of his behaviors. I've learned a lot by working with this specific client as I've learned to be much more patient, learned to pick up on little details when watching for things that might trigger a behavior, and also learned how to control certain environmental factors and being able to redirect or remove the consumer from the present situation to keep him and others out of harm. Working at IABA has been a blessing as my management provide wonderful support and feedback. My co-workers as well are amazing people. I've come to realize that others that have been in the field as long as I have and even longer, have a great heart to be in the field and love to serve the people that they do. The hardest part of this job would be when the consumer is having a rough day and is displaying challenging behaviors while out in the community. It makes it worse when police are involved and the situation creates a  more... major disruption in the community. On the contrary, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you have a great day with the consumer you serve, and you can see that all the hard work you put in is paying off.  less