Institute for Community Living

Institute for Community Living Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Skill Builder (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great place to work and fun
Cons: N/A
My time at ICL I must say that we worked as a team. I enjoyed working with the developmentally disabled. They gave you an opportunity to be able to see things through the lens that they can vision life. I was able to provide emotional support to all my patients and I enjoyed working there.
DO NOT WORK FOR THEIR LIVONIA SITE
residential counselor (Former Employee), LivoniaJune 7, 2015
Pros: experience working in the mental health field
Cons: always short staffed, vacations or days off are never granted, favoritism is huge, policies are one sided and only applied to certain ppl
Incredibly high turnover
Conditions are awful. Job description is one thing but you forced to do things that you are technically not supposed to be doing. If you question ANYTHING you get written up or fired.
They dont care about the clients just ab the cash they bring in.
The upper management is holding on to clients cash without their permission as well they miscount it on purpose as to set some aside for themselves.
When you try to file a complaint its always your word against upper management. As well they "special" employees who spy on everyone for them.
Productive and great workplace
Youth Counselor/Harm Reduction Counselor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/a
As a residential counselor ICL was an excellent place to learn about individuals with MH. The residential facilities are some of the best.
It was fun while it lasted.
Case Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 8, 2015
Pros: Comp time was awesome.
Cons: breaks were too short
My co-workers made it bearable to work at this organization. They tried to guide me the best way they knew how. The hardest part of my job was watching how the veterans were treated.
A nice place to work.
Temp (Former Employee), New York NYMarch 31, 2015
I was only there for a short time. I was a temp. Work space was just fine. Things were easy to find. Co workers were helpful. I was sorry to leave.
Hard work
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Getting experience in dealing with different types of people.
Cons: Having to work overnight.
I deal with people with many different personality's. it is a different experience with each shift. My co-workers are the best, we have fun together and we also have a lot in common. i enjoy my job but I'm looking to do something different.
well organized place to work.
Finance Clerk (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: healthcare
working at institute for community living is great experience I.like the support that this company
give to their employee.very pleasant place.co workers are very friendly.there is no hard or enjoyable part of my job.
A great place to work! I learned a lot working here and I loved every minute of it
Medical Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: great communication within the team
Cons: health benefits were not that great
On a typical day of work i would take and record patients vital signs and chief complaints, assist with patients medical care and treatment, i would translate for any spanish speaking patients. create spreadsheets and enter data for statistical purposes, create medical schedules and confirm appointments.

Working for this company i learned a lot and I also grew professionally. medically I was exposed to new terminology and conditions daily. the doctors and nurse practitioner I worked with were always teaching me and i was always ready and willing to work.

my coworkers were amazing by keeping the lines of communication open.

the hardest part of my job was leaving the team.

the most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients and knowing that i could help someone
Professional staff and management
Director of PROS (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2015
There is always a great deal of work to be done, supportive leadership and staff.
what you learned
Case Manager, Primary Therapist/Intern (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 31, 2014
school of swocial worl internship- Mica day tretament outpatient program therapist - excellent learning of how to apply theroy to practice
Case Manager/Supported Housing Case Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2014
good co-workers rather not comment on management at this time
Great experience
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: comfortable atmosphere
Cons: salary
good culture, great leadership, team work. I enjoyed working with the custumers
Medical appoinments drop off and pick up
Skillbuiler (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 9, 2014
Pros: being apart of the growth of the consumers
My day consist of driving to medical appointment, doing drop off 's and pick up's. Giving medication, packing lunches doing laundry, assistant with ADL
Learning
Case Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn,NySeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
My type of day at work was type stressful it all depended on the each day had its on stress level. I learned how to become more understanding with different people with situations.I had to work case loads of 6 . My Co-workers some of them where my friends, Some i never really spoke to . My hardest part of my job was, learning how to relate with others . The most enjoying part of my job was when we had Movie night, cards night went outside played music on nice days .
WORST COMPANY EVER!
Skill Builder (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: clients
Cons: poor administration, dirty bug infested residences
ICL is the worst company to work for! No pay raises, Poor administration, never enough supplies/food, clients ALL need better clothes to actually fit, over all your better off unemployed!
Poor management/ work environment (GARDEN HOUSE)
Direct Care worker/skillbuilder (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: residents
Cons: no incentives for staff
Management & some staff very unprofessional. Proper supplies never available during shift. Resident lack clothing. Never no community inclusions. Salary doesn't equal cost of living.
Horrible place to for
Residence Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: unprofessional and unqualified directors
Worked for 1 year in residential services. Horrible place to work for, no work-life balance. Area Directors are unprofessional, have no decency and are unqualified.
Fun workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Queens, NYJune 10, 2014
Cons: work hours
Depends on the Residence; overall not stressful. Must be friendly, caring.
Productive ever-changing environment.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2014
There is always a new learning experience when working for ICL. There is a continued want and need to provide the best services possible to all persons daily. Working in a residential setting produces different challenges due to it needing 24 hour staffing and there is always the possibility of dealing with a crisis. The staff is all about team work and helping each other complete tasks. Direct contact with the persons served allows a greater chance to know each person on an individual level as well as learn the best methods of interaction.
great experience for my internship positions
Fee-For Service Therapist (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: alot of experience in mental health
Cons: location
learned alot abput different populations, worked with children, ica populations, chronically mentally ill, great staff.

1 2 3