Institute for International Research Employee Reviews

Producitve and fun work place.
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2014
Primary responsibilities: researching, prospecting, presenting and closing opportunities for IBC’s business conferences. Meet and exceed all sales targets developed by Sales Manager.

Probe prospects to understand their needs and determine which conference is the right opportunity for them. Design and deliver telephone presentations to sell conference packages to current and prospective clients.
First job maybe...
Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2014
As an entry level position, you find out the harsh realities of sales. Colleagues and managers are fun people, but do not be surprised by a lack of loyalty when commission is involved. It is sink or swim without much direction on how to improve. In a tough job market it's worth experiencing, just count on having to use external tools for personal growth.
Good place to work, but expectations mysterious
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York NYApril 1, 2013
On the whole, I liked working at IIR. I got great marketing experience, and the profit-sharing program certainly boosted motivation. However, after one year I was let go for "performance issues" that were never clearly explained to me. Also, there seemed to be some inconsistency about expectations. For instance, one person might be chastised for missing a deadline by a day, where a "superstar" could be six weeks late with no reprimand. Similarly, one employee's weaknesses were overlooked because of financial results, where another profitable worker might be transferred because of "poor synergy." Overall, though, I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there, and I wish I could have stayed. That said, though, I didn't see a path to advancement, and I wonder if I would have wanted more in a year or two.
Pros
great incentives, good benefits, lots of challenging work
Cons
tendency towards favoritism, few opportunities for advancement
Good work/life balance, lots of travel and opportunities, bureaucratic and management issues
Social Media Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2014
IIR boasts a large, young work-force, which means plenty of opportunities for an active company culture with happy hours and institutionalized programs for both training and socializing. Getting to travel to events and attend sessions generally intended for senior business leaders was a great opportunity. Other perks included a discount gym membership and a week off at Christmas/New Years.

However, overall pay was somewhat low and management was disconnected from the day-to-day struggles of the average employee, frequently making decisions without any input from staff. There was also very little room for advancement past a certain point. This is a company with a very wide base of lower/mid level employees and a small group of long-time management.
Pros
good environment, travel, fun programs and good co-workers, decent hours
Cons
occasional stress, disconnect between management and staff, lack of transparency
Fun workplace with a very cooperative management team
List Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2013
I loved working for IIR. The work was a lot of fun and I enjoyed the company of my coworkers and management team.
Pros
great job, easy work, decent pay, excellent hours of operation.
Cons
no overtime
N/a
Client Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2015
Good entry level job; will learn more about the industry from industry leaders; will gain connections will industry leaders
Fairness in this company is unheard of.
New Media Senior List Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 9, 2014
No room for advancement, no overtime. Management is very unorganized.
Pros
good start job.
Cons
very heavy turn over rate.
IIR was a great place to intern
Production and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 16, 2014
I had a great experience with IIR and assisting the production team as well as the marketing team.
overall good
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2014
great work life balance, easy job and good pay, but limited advancement and some weird firings