Institute on Aging Employee Reviews

It is good environment to work
Medical Assisting/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 8, 2017
It is my pleasure to work for Institute on Aging. It is great opportunity to have valued experiences while working here. Institute on Aging is diversity and welcome everyone from different background.
I loved working here
Home health aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 15, 2017
I loved working here! It was a step up from working at IHSS Consortium. All of my clients had their own homes. I didn't have to deal with bed ridden clients. My clients were ambulatory.
Healthcare for aging seniors in San Francisco
Program Aid (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2017
The Institute on Aging provided healthcare for aging seniors in San Francisco. The site where I worked no longer exists, but they are still active at other sites in San Francisco. The IOA provides much needed services for seniors!
A leader in helping seniors age gracefully
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 14, 2016
A fast paced and dynamic workplace that gives you an opportunity to interact with, and help seniors stay cognitively fit. The day starts off with me leading an exercise routine i implemented. After that me and my team take turns leading presentations of all kinds. History, interactive, games and songs. The focus is fun and we have a lot!

My co workers are just like me: hard working, intuitive, friendly and passionate about what we do. You must be passionate to make it in this business. The most enjoyable part of my job is the one on one with my clients when i can just listen to the amazing stories they have to tell me. The hardest part of my job is saying goodbye.

The main campus on Geary boulevard is a big beautiful building with spacious day rooms for seniors to enjoy programming, eat lunch and receive medication. Staff are friendly, responsive and effective. The CEO and board make their presence known and reach out to us to get our feedback. I highly recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free Lunches fun atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours available because the center closes at 3:30
mello place
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2016
Nice non-profit atmosphere with people who care about doing good things. No stress or rush to do things. All in all, a real winner.
Great non profit
Client Services Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2016
Great non profit that assists seniors to navigate the process of aging through its many programs. They are centered in San Francisco but has offices throughout the bay area.
Non-profit aiding seniors with a corporate environment
Friendship Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 14, 2016
IOA is doing wonderful work helping seniors live independently and get the care they need. This is done through many employees who truly care and go above and beyond in their jobs. Unfortunately the working environment doesn't go far enough in appreciating their employees. Don't expect a raise, even after working 10 years. Morale can be low, depending on the department you work for. Lots of employee turnover within the last 3 years. Senior management could do a better job with employee retention. How about downgrading those $200k + salaries and giving workers a raise or bonus for once?
Pros
Doing important and rewarding work, co-workers are smart and have heart, some benefits
Cons
Sub-par benefits, corporate environment, frequent payroll mistakes and delays
Efficient work requirements and successful staffing and management.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2015
Very rewarding work and understanding clients. Rarely lacked proper training and knowledge for its employees before sending them out on assignments.
Pros
bonuses for last minute shifts
Cons
not stable
incredibly disorganized and wishy washy
RN (Former Employee) –  Bay AreaApril 28, 2015
I had 3 interviews with these fools, each time being led to believe that I would be hired. Every time I had to follow up and they would plead "we are just soooo busy", but continuing to assure me that i would be hired. Then finally nothing!
Pros
Cons
non existant job?
love that they have mutilple locations
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2015
I love that the have an office in sf and in epa! great company. bart and bus near by. very nice clients. cool people, nice staff.
wonderful company
HOME CARE AIDE COORDIATOR (Former Employee) –  CAFebruary 3, 2015
The IOA is an amazing company that does good things for people who do not have the ability to do themselves. From day programs to Home care. It is a wonderful company that I enjoyed working for.
Non Profit Organozation
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CaOctober 12, 2014
Productive and Fun Place to work. Non profit organization with top notch support service to provide independence a quality of life to clients.
Premis is sound
Program Assistant, Community Living Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 24, 2013
The culture at the IOA has changed. New management has created an unhealthy work environment that no longer focuses on the client.
Pros
Case managers are great people to work with
Cons
Mangement has turned a non-profit into a for profit environment
A nice place to work
Social Worker/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 26, 2013
It gives you a great way of getting an experience in Social Services field.