The Institute for Public Strategies (IPS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of communities.
The Institute for Public Strategies (IPS) is seeking a part time Administrative/Project Support Specialist who will be responsible to carry out the administrative services and project support services within our organization. This full-time position is located in IPS’s administrative headquarters based in San Diego, CA at our Mission Valley office. The position may require travel. This position has the potential to move to full time.
This position will be responsible for providing support in the following areas:
- Provide administrative and clerical support to all projects companywide
- Office maintenance for San Diego office
- Supply management for San Diego office
- Project support services for San Diego projects
- Coordinate daily office operations-schedules, mail,
- Maintain all office supply purchases and inventory.
- Maintain various program manuals and reference materials
- Assist with computer systems maintenance as needed.
- Support Microsoft related technologies such as Windows 7 & 8, Office 2007.
- Provide project support to projects as needed (including coping, message delivery, attendance at selected meetings, help with survey and data collection, produce visual information boards, quarterly meeting set up including computer, projector and refreshments, and other tasks as needed)
- Coordinate office and conference usage for phone systems and video conference systems
- Provide assistance technical assistance as needed by the VP of Administration
- Develop reports and other written materials as needed.
Essential Behavioral Traits:
- The successful candidate is a high energy individual who demonstrates flexibility in work priorities, capable of multi-tasking and operating efficiently and effectively across multiple areas of responsibility.
- This person can anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks as they arise as well as adapt and respond quickly to opportunities. In addition, this person has demonstrated ability to put a plan in place and follow through to the end and, related skills of good time management, managing deadlines, and good team relationships.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and high comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- This person will have the ability to diagnose computer and technical issues and has the ability to solve problems and remain up-to-date with current and emerging technology.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in similar position.
- Excels at operating in a fast pace and ever changing environment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Familiarity with computers system and terminology to effectively work with IT support a plus.
This is a part-time position that includes health coverage and other generous benefits. Position will require FBI background check/fingerprinting and drug testing. This position has the potential to move to full time.
Must have valid California Driver’s License and own an insured, reliable vehicle to use during work.
No relocation assistance available.
Email cover letter, resume, and minimum salary requirements in Word or PDF format.
In accordance with ADA guidelines, reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities that are otherwise qualified and able to perform the functions of this position.
The Institute for Public Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.